Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $11.08Free shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by gamezone-stc
- See details for delivery est.
- $9.99+ Shipping
- Very Good condition
- Sold by petesamazingfinds
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationConveniently released alongside the game's second Beyond the Sword expansion pack, Sid Meier's Civilization IV includes the original game and its first add-on, Warlords.<br><br>Many of the most significant additions to the fourth version of Civilization involve customization. The tech tree remains the roadmap to scientific and industrial advancement, but there is now more than one path to milestone discoveries. The religion model offers more customization as well, and players can now better use the power of faith to spread their culture, or they can choose to have no state religion at all, boosting scientific endeavors.<br><br>In the Civilization IV: Warlords expansion pack, "Warlord" characters become available as "great people," and ten historical leaders are added, including leaders for both existing and expansion civilizations. Six civilizations and six scenarios, such as "Chinese Unification," "Peloponnesian Wars," and "Rise of Rome," are featured in the expansion. Other additions include new wonders, units, resources, buildings, and leader traits. The expansion also includes all patches and game upgrades previously released for Civilization IV.
- Publisher2K Games
- GameSid Meier's Civilization IV: Gold Edition
- ESRB RatingE10+ - Everyone 10+
- Game EditionGold Edition
- ESRB DescriptorViolence
- Control ElementsKeyboard,Mouse
- Release Year2007
- Game Special Features<li>Choose from two leaders in most civilizations, each offering different traits and bonuses<br/><br/><li>Play as one of 18 civilizations, including America, Japan, and Greece<br/><br/><li>Revamped interface that mirrors the functionality of real-time strategy games<br/><br/><li>Extensive multiplayer options and settings, from simultaneous turns to turn limits<br/><br/><li>Gold Edition comes with two posters, full game manual, and a behind-the-scenes DVD<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesCivilization Series
Most relevant reviews
- silentwolf1986Jan 18, 2008by
For people who are looking for less stressful games than Games like American Conquest Age of Empires nad the like this game is a great game. Compared to Civilization III it is definitely upgraded with some positive and negative features. Sometimes the cool graphics get in the way of playing the game, such as moving large numbers of soldiers or trying to change the cities productions. However, it does have a variety of new earlier units that prove vital in fights and wars. Love the ability to access the spending costs on the front page and love the fact that the score is on the front page. I definitely enjoy the online player option of the game. All around it is a fun fairly easy game to learn and is great.
- 738093687@delet...May 11, 2009by
Civ IV expansions are excellent.
This is a Sid Meier's product. I have yet to play an inferior game of any kind made buy this guy...and I've played almost all of his. The game itself is easily a 9.5/10 while the expansions are a 9.0/10; and hey, what expansion ever lives up to the original? The graphics are great, the game controls are easy but I will warn you, if you have not played the Civilization series before, there is a learning curve. The game has seven different difficulty settings from easy to darn near impossible. (I've been playing Civilization for a long time and can't touch the seventh difficulty setting. You can play on-line against real opponents or just against the computer which is hard enough in my opinion. You control one of many civilizations (which you can choose)through production, labor resources, war, peace, diplomacy, trade, religion, and social programming. You can determine the level of control you want from not much to every subtle nuance of the game. If you like turn-based situations with a reasonable real-time feel, or you just want to learn the complexities of government, this is the only game you'll ever want to play. If you like turn based strategy games with a reasonable real time feel, this is the only game to consider. Read full review
- cameron77Dec 15, 2008by
Good Game, not the end all I expected
The game is really fun, takes a lot of your time (not sure about quick mode, but the normal mode took two days for me to complete). I think I could have done without some of the micro-management, such as manually building roads, commanding workers and so forth. Too much going on at once to be efficient at any one thing and still not spend 10-15 minutes a turn. I like Civ Revolution better as it is way easier to navigate and is much smoother to play. Still, a good game in most respects.
- rypcord-bdkSep 18, 2007by
Civilization IV: Gold Edition is the best Civilization version yet (and that is saying something, considering how great Civilization II is). Civilization IV: Gold Edition is Civilization IV + The Warlords (Expansion Pack). Both are great games, and combined make for a great gameplay that is unique, complete, and amazing. One of the best PC games ever. A true must buy. To further enhance this, I recommend also getting "Beyond the Sword" to add more unique gameplay features and fun to your game.
- tgumbiJan 27, 2009by
Purchase With Caution!
Civilization IV is like crack: it feels really good, but it messes up your life. Also, it's extremely addictive. The first time I loaded this game, I played until about 6 in the morning and was late for work the next day because I slept in. While AT work, all I could think about was leaving so I could get home and conquer the Chinese. This is truly an amazing game, just be prepared to sink a lot of time into it.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $29.99Trending at $35.00
- $26.99Trending at $36.99
- $14.99Trending at $24.90
- $12.50Trending at $13.99
- $22.95Trending at $23.77
- $19.99Trending at $22.99
- $49.00Trending at $54.00