Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $124.00Free shipping
- New condition
- Sold by premiumgoodsshoppe-us
- Est. delivery by May 16
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $119.99Free shipping
- New other (see details) condition
- Sold by 4surpluscity
- Est. delivery by May 15
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Internal Hard Disk Drives
USB Flash Drives
About this product
- Product DescriptionStore important data securely and locally with this Seagate Expansion portable hard drive. It was designed by Seagate Technology PLC, a worldwide provider of electronic accessories and data storage solutions. This 3TB hard drive is a reliable repository. It features a substantial amount of space for an array of files and software. It’s compatible with Windows 7 and other Microsoft operating systems. The drive can be reformatted for Apple systems as well. Those looking to ensure the safety and integrity of their data can trust this Seagate external hard drive.This Seagate (STBV3000100) hard drive is a 3.5-inch form factor hard disk drive (HDD). It’s designed to serve as an external expansion for desktop or laptop computers. Adorned in black, it measures 1.5 inches by 4.6 inches by 7.2 inches. Weighing only 2.07 pounds, it fits conveniently on the desk of a workstation. The HDD boasts a large storage capacity of 3TB. This is enough to accommodate the needs of casual users and media editors alike. Perpendicular recording technology enables the unit to provide high data density per square inch. Users can store 96,000 digital photos, 49,980 hours of MP3 music files, or 750 two-hour DVD movies in these drives. Up to 3,000 hours of video from digital cameras can be stored as well. Using traditional spinning-disk technology, the drives can rapidly retrieve data on command. Durable magnetic platters retain a multitude of files, spinning at a rate of 5400 revolutions per minute (RPM). This fast spindle speed means that data transfer rates are quite high, keeping processing delays in check.In addition, the device possesses a sizable disk buffer on the order of 64MB. This large disk cache enables the unit to store memory locally, increasing the speed of read-and-write operations. Users can quickly and effortlessly back up data to the drive via a drag-and-drop interface. This means that installation with the unit is simple as software requirements are minimal. The intuitive plug-and-play format means you can use the unit straight out of the box. Computers are capable of recognizing it as an external storage unit immediately. This convenient automatic interfacing eliminates the need for technical expertise. Securing data through redundancy processes is as simple as dragging a selected file into the unit via Windows. For interlinking, the unit utilizes a high-speed USB 3.0 interface. Users need only connect the USB ports of the computer and the external expansion to enjoy the benefits. The device is also backward-compatible with legacy USB 2.0 cables, allowing it to be used with older systems.Equipped with the New Technology File System (NTFS) format, the hard drive is efficient and responsive. Internal information structures are stable, giving users peace of mind when backing up important files. The NTFS type of file format can also support encryption for enhanced security. Users can secure their data from unauthorized access by encrypting the contents of the unit. In addition, these accessories can be reformatted to the HFS+ file system utilized by Mac OSX. This enables the unit to be connected to desktop and mobile electronics developed by both Apple and Microsoft.
- Buffer Size64MB
- Hard Drive TypePortable
- Spindle Speed5400RPM
- InterfaceUSB 3.0
- Form Factor3.5"
- Height1.5 in.
- Width4.6 in.
- Depth7.2 in.
- Weight2.07 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- robertm2009Dec 12, 2015by
Channel Master DVR+ with 3TB External Hard Drive
I record antenna TV programs. This is the fourth Seagate 3TB external hard drive that I have purchased. When coupled with my Channel Master DVR+ it allows me the record up to 400 hours of programming for playback at a later time. I can move the Seagate between my different CM DVRs for playback at our country house. I also have four of the Channel Master DVR+ antenna TV recording devices. This same item when purchased thru Channel Master is triple the price that I have been able to find on eBay. The Black Friday special or the following Monday are the times to buy the Channel Master DVR+ and the other two required components (the USB wifi stick and the HDMI cord) direct from Channel Master to get the most affordable pricing and free shipping.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- nosike0Aug 05, 2014by
THIS PRODUCT IS VERY EFFICIENT, EASY TO INSTALL HUGE STORAGE AT FAIR PRICE.
I PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE THE HARD DRIVE IN MY COMPUTER AT HOME IS 160 GIG AND IT IS NEAR CAPACITY. WITH THIS PRODUCT, I HAVE MOVED SOME DATA, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS TO THIS EXTERNAL DRIVE FREEING MORE SPACE FOR ITEMS PROCESSED DIRECTLY BY THE HARD DRIVE OF THE COMPUTER. VERY EASY TO INSTALL. HUGE STORAGE FOR DATA, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS. VERY PORTABLE. THE PRICE, PORTABILITY AND EASY OF INSTALLATION MAKES THIS PRODUCT SECOND TO NONE.
- ewebclubJun 17, 2014by
Works well but not a fast drive. If you need speed, consider a diff model.
Overall, this external drive works well. It does what it should do. However, I ran a speed test and its read/write/access speed performance was okay but not great. This may partly be due to it running only at 5400 RPM. Maybe. This unit should be fine for archiving and backing up where you need moderate speed but don't need to backup loads of data in a hurry. For the latter, I'd suggest looking for a higher spec'd drive. Hope that helps.
- rwlievertzJun 16, 2014by
Buy Seagate for reliability and low price. Buy 7200 RPM when you can.
I currently am running 30 TB 24/7 on my system. 80% of these drives are Seagate. I have been buying Seagate drives for 20+ years. I have had only one drive failure and that was the drive controller / interface PC board inside a 3 TB Seagate Extension drive (7200 RPM) case 1 month after the warrantee ran out. Seagate Technical Support has no parts department and could not get me a replacement PC board. Fortunately I found new Seagate cases with PC boards, power cords, and 3.0 patch cords on eBay. I still buy ONLY Seagate Expansion or External drives and bare drives for inside my computer cases, preferably 7200 rpm, because you can tell the speed difference on a USB 3.0 system.
- 100_percent_sat...Jul 23, 2014by
Great "storage" device for the money. I highly recommend it.
Very nice drive. I have had 3 of these for a while now and not 1 has let me down yet. I use them attached to a USB 3.0 card installed on my cpu and they transfer large files fairly quick, considerably faster than from internal HDD to internal HDD. If left on for 2 or 3 days it does get a little warm, but nothing I would worry about. I will keep buying these until I can't find them anymore or until a better "storage" device is available for the price. For the price and speed, you can't beat this as a "storage" device. I never have used the backup and store software it comes with but I provided a link below for you to check out a little more about the drive. http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/expansion-hard-drive/#features 100_percent_satisfaction
Best Selling in Internal Hard Disk Drives
Save on Internal Hard Disk Drives
- $49.99Trending at $58.99
- $44.99Trending at $48.99
- $115.88Trending at $119.90
- $39.99Trending at $42.50
- $53.75Trending at $54.99
- $49.99Trending at $52.59
- $48.99Trending at $49.99