All listings for this product
Best Selling in iPods & MP3 Players
Save on iPods & MP3 Players
- $379.00Trending at $389.99
- $79.99Trending at $119.99
- $359.00Trending at $374.90
- $169.00Trending at $189.00
- $115.00Trending at $164.99
- $99.00Trending at $157.00
- $199.98Trending at $325.00
About this product
- Product InformationThe Samsung Galaxy Player 5 has everything you hope for in a digital media player and more. The Samsung digital media player operates on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS that is packed with Google Mobile services like Google Search, Gmail, and Google Talk. The brilliant 5-inch LCD display of this Android media player delivers movies, pictures and games in superb quality. Wi-Fi support on this Android media player lets you access the Internet on the move. The 3.2 MP rear camera of the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 lets you to capture photos and videos. With front facing camera of this Samsung digital media player, you can video chat with friends.
- ModelGalaxy Player 50
- Storage Capacity8 GB
- Audio Supported FormatsAAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA
- Video Supported Formats3GP,AVI,DivX,H.264,MP4,MPEG-4,OGG,WMV,XviD
- Battery Run Time30 Hours
- Exterior ColorWhite
Audio / Video Capabilities
- Max Video Resolution800 x 480
- Screen Size5 Inch
- Width3.08 Inch
- Depth0.4 Inch
- Height4.1 Inch
- Weight2.96 Oz
- InterfacesBluetooth,USB 2.0,Wi-Fi
- Additional FeaturesBuilt-In Digital Camera,Digital Camera,File Browsing,Games,Video Recorder
- Supported Power SupplyRechargeable via USB cable
- Storage TypeMicro SD Card,Secure Digital (SD) Card
- Number Of Songs2000
Most relevant reviews
- victorysaber207...Apr 07, 2015by
Pretty good device, and well worth the price I paid for it.
I bought this product because I am a fan of the Android OS brand, and Samsung. I have heard alot about the galaxy player and wanted to see and interact with it myself. It is a little big and much like an actual phone (minus phone app), but loaded with features. Battery life could be a little better, but I do love the fact that memory storage can be expanded.
- 1172552815@dele...Sep 03, 2013by
Works great, Has support from Samsung, Good size to carry, Crisp and Clear.
I just received this today so I'll see how well it lasts over time. But from the feel of this it seems solid enough to last a few years or more. I'll start with the pros. Pros. Good battery life, mine came dead and took a long time to charge but holds a charge better then most 7' tablets for around 100$ that I've bought. Good CPU, I have no problem multi-tasking No freezing. Again better then most 7' tablets for this price. I've bought quite a few 7' tabs for 100 or less and they all had some kind of problem. Not this device, it works perfect. FM Radio, is a must while working or out the house. good reception too. Google play, samsung app store. and it allows other app stores like Amazon to be installed. Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3mp rear camera with flash, All great features to have. Music sounds clear, videos play smooth. Internet browsing is crisp and clear to read. What else could I say, its an amazing device. Like a well built samsung tablet only small enough to carry in your pocket. Plenty of space to keep all your files and large enough screen to enjoy web browsing and watching videos. This device is way better then any tablet you will find for around 100$. I bought this because I was fustrated with spending money on tabs that where to big to carry around and also had some kind of problems that only got worse. I am very happy I found this and thanks to samsung I can finally stop wasting time looking for a good tablet. The only CON is it only has 500mb of Ram. But I been using it for awhile and it hasnt slowed down or had any problems in fact I have several apps running and its still very fast. Right now its only using 185mb so thats really good. Android Gingerbread was designed to run on low RAM devices so don't let that deter you, I didn't and it runs nice and fast. I hope this helps some people. I really like mine. Read full review
- esenterreApr 21, 2012by
Great alternative to iPod. Awesome value!
This is a direct iPod competitor and, from my point of view, completly blow it off. For almost the same price (I paid mine 215CA$ vs iPod 200CA$) I get all the sweet things, but over the iPod here are the extra features: GPS (a real one) // Flash for photos // 5" screen. Way better for watching videos or even movies // Excellent battery life // Vibrating // FM Radio // Expension slot SD card up to 32GB (Take that Apple!) ---- Where it falls off: WiFi signals are more difficult to grab than on the iPod. // Lots of reflections if you go on a sunny day. Bearly usuable ---- I personnaly setup my VoIP account on this device, and it works fine. So whenever I have WiFi connection, it can be used like a normal phone without the fees. Even when you're out of WiFi, you still have acces to GPS, Radio, MP3s. That's all very cool together! Read full review
- rcpetersNov 03, 2015by
I bought it used and installed a 64 gb chip worked fine for a month or so now it won't play though the list just repeats an album maybe the ch
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- sbrantley25Jun 03, 2014by
Great tablet/music and video player. A worthy replacement for an old iPod.
This was my fourth Galaxy Player. I started with a 3.6" to replace my aging iPod. Next I bought my wife a 50 (5") for nursing school to carry her digital textbooks. Both worked and still work great. Next I bought another 3.6" to use at the office to check wireless connections and serve as a desktop player. Then I bought this one to replace my original 3.6" that has been re-purposed to play videos for my 2 year old son. This tablet is often mistaken for a phone especially the Samsung Note. I've used this tablet to connect to my blu-ray player, my cell phone, my computers and printers and my digital camera via Bluetooth. The only glitch I have found on this one and my wife's 50 is that the tablet will completely lock up if you let the battery get below 5%, until it dies. Once recharged, it turns on and runs perfectly. It is very sad that Samsung abandoned these smaller player so quickly (just 3-4 years in production for the US). Read full review