More items related to this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $3,015.00Trending at $3,299.00
- $2,369.99Trending at $2,698.00
- $2,629.95Trending at $2,899.00
- $555.88Trending at $648.00
- $1,918.99Trending at $1,999.00
- $3,879.00Trending at $4,199.00
- $793.99Trending at $996.95
About this product
- Product InformationSamsung SH100 is a compact Wi-Fi enabled camera that delivers great shots that you can share over the Internet and social networks with your friends and family, from wherever you are in the world.The SH100's built in Wi-Fi can also automatically back up your shots to your PC by only pushing two buttons, or by using DLNA to wirelessly connect to your HDTV and see your photos and videos right away. Wi-Fi enables you to upload your pictures instantly to your social networking sites such as Facebook, Picasa or Photo Bucket, or email them to individual email addresses straight from the camera. The people you care about can enjoy your experience from wherever they are. You can also record HD video and share your favorite moments over sites such as YouTube. To make the upload process of large files easier and quicker, the SH100 includes an account with mobile hotspot provider Boingo, giving you access to over 200,000 Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide.
- Product Features<ul><li><strong>Experience the convenience</strong><br />The SH100 uses built in Wi-Fi capability to deliver unique new experiences for all camera users. By selecting the PC auto back-up function, your camera will automatically find your PC and download the latest photos onto it, even if the PC is turned off. This feature is compatible with the Wake-on-LAN (WoL) system.</li><li><strong>Innovation in control helps you capture the moment</strong><br />The Wi-Fi capability on the SH100 also allows you to use your smartphone as a remote control and viewing device for your camera. If you're shooting over a crowd at a concert, you can enable the remote viewfinder function, meaning that you can hold your camera high over your head while you see a preview of the picture in real time on your phone screen. It's also ideal for taking self shots as you can zoom in and out using the 5x optical zoom, and access basic menu functions including parameters and shooting modes. When you're happy with the shot, you can operate the shutter remotely too, and the camera will record the GPS information for photo geo-tagging.</li><li><strong>Seamlessly simple</strong><br />Samsung has also used its strength in the smartphone market to develop a smart access user interface (UI) for all of its compact cameras. The touch based UI works in the same quick, intuitive way as many smartphones. Advanced functions, such as sharing content wirelessly, can be done simply by a few touches of the buttons on the large, clear 3" LCD screen. The smart access UI enables users to drag, click and control 'app-style' icons, easily flip through photos, and control a range of the camera's features.</li><li><strong>The heart of your digital home</strong><br />The SH100 features Samsung AllShare, which uses DLNA technology to allow you to connect to your HDTV and stream content wirelessly. For instance, when you get home from a concert, you can watch the videos of your favorite songs instantly on your TV.</li></ul>
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom5x
- Digital Zoom5x
- Sensor Resolution14.0 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size1/2.33"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera26 - 130mm
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max80
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAuto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash Off,Red-eye Reduction Flash,Slow Sync
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size6.9MB
- Supported Flash MemorymicroSD Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Depth0.74 in.
- Height2.12 in.
- Width3.66 in.
- Weight3.9 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedMicrosoft Windows 2000,Microsoft Windows 7,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVI
- Still Image FormatDPOF 1.1,EXIF 2.21,JPEG
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional Features720p HD Movie Recording,AF Tracking,Auto Power Save,Automatic Face Tracking,Built-In GPS,Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA),Face Detection,Face Retouch,Image Stabilization,Not Interchangeable Lenses,Remote Live View,Touch-Screen Control,USB,With Touchscreen Panel,YouTube Capture Mode
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Exterior ColorSilver
Most relevant reviews
- jkmaher1Jul 05, 2012by
Samsung SH100 14.0 MP Digital Camera -- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!
Holy 14.0 MP and 5x Zoom! This wi-fi digital camera does it all. It's small and slim and it's one-shot feature makes taking quality pictures easy! I've not used the stylus for the touchscreen, only my finger, and haven't had any problems. Charging is easy as is connecting to PC. It's ability to connect and share instantly, provided there's wifi, is a definite plus. Glad I purchased this little item. I decided it was time to upgrade MPs from my older Kodak point-and-shoot so was looking for an affordable camera that would take quality pictures. After reading several reviews of several different cameras, I decided this Samsung was just that. I've not been disappointed yet. The 5x zoom allows for up-close and very clear pictures. No fuzziness whatsoever. For anyone using a touchscreen for the first time, it does take some getting used to; however, the touchscreen is pretty straight-forward; so much so, that I really didn't have to read directions. Battery life is very good. Ability to and actual connecting to available wifi is like any other wifi ready gadget. The software is very easy as well and offers many options for editing. I'd recommend this camera to anyone looking to upgrade from an older, lower MP, model digital camera while not breaking the bank, either. Comes in different colors, too. I would recommend putting a screen saver on the touchscreen. Read full review
- yeh1renAug 01, 2011by
I think I'm going to really like this one.
Having learned to use film cameras, and then switching to DSLRs, this is quite a learning experience for me. It's tiny; I wouldn't want it any smaller, but the ergonomics work pretty well for me. Not much in the way of buttons. It's like using my smart phone. One thing I didn't like was the best resolution and picture quality wasn't the default. Easily changed, but not what I'd expect. The battery charged quickly. I'm still seeing how long it runs. It's a good feature that it can be charged in the camera. That way, it can be charged in the car when traveling. Don't know if I'll be needing to get another battery or not; I shoot lots of images. There's more noise in the image taken in dim light than I get in my DSLR, and I'd be astonished if it wasn't for a camera at this price. If you want to shoot a lot of night or low-light stuff, a good noise removal program would be good. There are some very capable shareware/freeware choices out there, you'll see a difference. If you're as thick-fingered as I am, you'll really want to keep the stylus handy. It works a lot better than my fingers, and most everything works off the tough screen. And there are a lot of aps. If you want to play with HDR, this one will let you. It's got a tripod socket, and the "night" app will let you go to 16 seconds with a choice of two apertures. Read full review
- rocketfuelerAug 10, 2011by
A very cool camera for gadget-geeks; on-board WiFi is great!
I bought this camera to replace a Nikon pocket camera, and because it's got on-board WiFi, so I can upload pictures and videos directly from the camera without having to dock it with a computer. That said, if you're a guest on a secure network, good luck trying to connect. I'm not sure it supports all levels and modes of security; it didn't for me and I'm a techie. The camera is quick and responsive in Smart Auto and Smart Movie mode. I haven't had it long enough to experiment with other modes or manual setting. Movies and sound are of super-high quality; I used it to shoot a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral, and the sound is as pure and as clear as the picture.
- karensongAug 08, 2011by
Great camera, super deal!
My son really wanted to by himself a nice digital camera. I told him to do his research and he did! This camera is full of features, takes beautiful pictures, has internal editing and fun designs. I may have to get one for myself & pass along my more expensive canon to my boyfriend!
- dardelgadoJan 06, 2012by
Absolutely LOVE Samsung cameras
I absolutely love this camera. I have actually bought 6 of them for various family members because I am so happy with it. I would highly recommend this camera to anyone who has a wifi network in their home. Very easy to use.