More items related to this product
Best Selling in Ham Radio Transceivers
Save on Ham Radio Transceivers
- $14.95Trending at $27.00
- $23.97Trending at $24.99
- $907.50Trending at $969.00
- $688.00Trending at $879.00
- $86.95Trending at $99.00
- $89.99Trending at $107.43
- $310.00Trending at $349.64
About this product
- Product InformationThe robustness of the Ranger AR 3500 ham radio has seen it remain competitive for both in-vehicle and base applications. Being a 10-meter mono band transceiver, the ranger produces a clear signal for frequencies ranging from 28 to 30 megahertz. A microprocessor-controlled LED readout provides a clear view of the frequencies. Additionally, the AR 3500 radio has five memories, a frequency scan and split operation functionalities. Manufactured with the ability to provide 100 watts, the Ranger transceivers are factory-modified to give out 30 watts. A separate amplifier unit connected at the rear raises the radio's continuous wave output back to 100 watts. The Clear Channel Ranger has excellent reception for both amplitude- and frequency-modulated signals.
- ModelAR 3500
Most relevant reviews
- ch46er59Mar 09, 2016by
AR3500 Ranger Radio not to be confused with the RCI RADIOS!!!!!
Frequency range: 28-30 MHz(modifiable) Mode: AM/FM/SSB/CW 10 meter monoband LED readout, microprocessor controlled 5 memories, frequency scan and split operation output in CW mode and 120 watts made by: RF Limited / Clear Channel Corporation There is a 30W and a 125W version. Pros : Excellent built radio has Excellent transmitter / Receiver Speech processor available along with the option of scanning mic also still available . CONs: LIMITED parts supply for theses radio. Main microprocessor very hard to find. Not produced by NEC anymore. Only know of one guy that has any microprocessors The main processor controls all the front panel functions. Just because the display lights up DONES NOT MEAN THE RADIO IS FUNCTIONAL!!! I own 6 of theses radio and wouldn't trade them for nothing on the market today. Read full review
Verified purchase: No
- murraykj709Apr 11, 2016by
Ar3500 this is a very good radio. they dont make them like this any more.
I have had several radios over the last 30 years.. the ranger ar3500 is by far one of the best radios and was the best that I had owned and is one of the fiew that I sold and had deeply regretted that I did. I think that this is the 100w model of this radio. it has exceptional receive and strong clear modulation. if someone can not hear you with this radio then you may as well turn it all off because the conditions are poor. radios are simply not built the same any more. this is a very clear fine example. internal electronics design is by JRC (japan radio corp) this radio has also been modified via jumper to enable 26mhz. the radio can be programmed with a button trick for 24mhz 25mhz. if you buy this radio then by all means take my advice and never part with it because you will never find another one like it. no 2510 2600 Lincoln 2950 2970 2995 no way is it anything close to the ar3500. hands down it is and was the best radio I ever had for the 10m band. blessed is a understatement. I used a 3500 in my car years ago with a stanless 102 inch whip. it was absolutely amazing how well it worked. and as for reports from others around the world. always the same answer an exceptional signal for a mobile. I thought a 2950 and an amplifier would be better. it wasn't even close to the performance of the ar3500. take my word for it. if you buy it. never part with it. you will regret you did. Read full review
Verified purchase: No
- viper926daveApr 14, 2016by
Good for a part's radio
Bought it as a parts radio so didn't expect much witch is good because you can see someone was in it unsoldering things haven't hooked it up to see if it works or not and not going to its a parts radio
Verified purchase: Yes
- ve7lfaSep 28, 2016by
AR- 3500 100watt
$250 USD to re-cap, re-align, clean, and tweak if you buy " AS-IS" !!! Rare to find the 100 watt version, check for LARGE heat-sink 1st. Power cord is totally propriety, I bought 5 when I had the chance, they are EXPENSIVE !!!! The THICK wire ones !!! Need 30 amps to run this version. Mic wiring is a bit tricky, but schematics available and tips how are available. Tons of aftermarjet mods, easily done. If your prepared to sink a bit of coin into the radio - Its Killer !!!!! Mine is in storage, for now. Org Mic & power cord.
Verified purchase: No
- rainbotFeb 29, 2016by
ONE GREAT RADIO BUT NOT A GOOD TRUCK RADIO CLEAR TX AND VERY GOOD RECEIVE BETTER AS A BASE THAN A MOBILE
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned