Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $322.00Trending at $370.00
- $159.95Trending at $275.00
- $2,178.99Trending at $2,223.80
- $97.99Trending at $124.45
- $1,459.99Trending at $1,554.08
- $3,402.87Trending at $5,719.49
- $1,199.95Trending at $1,399.00
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesIf you are looking for high-definition image quality and real ease of use, you have found it with the Small Wonder HD digital camcorder. This sleek compact camcorder provides high definition recording to internal memory or to an SD Card. View your videos on the large 2.4 inch display, and record yourself with friends and family using the flip-out lens. When you are finished recording simply connect the device to your TV with HDMI or AV cables for simple viewing. Don't forget about Memory Manager, this intuitive software provides options to quickly view, edit, save or share your videos.
- Family LineRCA Small Wonder
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical ZoomNone
- Digital Zoom4X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution5.0 MP
- Screen Size2.4"
- Focus AdjustmentFocus Free
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size2 GB
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Display Size2.4"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Microphone TechnologyElectret condenser
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedMS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Effective Still Resolution5.0 MP
- Digital Video FormatH.264
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional Features180° Swivel Lens,Built-In Speaker,YouTube Capture Mode
- High Definition Video Support720p
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- plastechieSep 01, 2012by
Ain't a super camcorder but seems to do the job at the price
I like the compact nature of these small camcorders. I had a FLIP that one day just stopped working. This one has better features and is easier to operate than the FLIP. In particular, I like the photo feature and the short USB extension cord. Certainly the learning curve is greater with this unit than with the FLIP. Having said that, I find the sound quality and the zooming capability below average when compared to a larger camcorder and the photo is certainly below par for conventional digital cameras or even cell phones. The flip-out lens is kinda hokey but I guess lot of folks take a pic or video of themselves. All in all, a pretty good buy for not terribly much shekels.
- thaddeusmonkMay 19, 2009by
There are three cameras in this family rom three companies. The flip camera was the original, but I found the colors yellowed out and the option of only having a built in hard drive limited is usage(you have to empty the memory before you can film more). The Kodak Zi6 I thought had better filming, even doing 60 fps, but only uses sd cards. I was going to get the kodak, but the rca was $50 cheaper. The RCA Small WOnder gives you the best of both worlds, built in 2 gig storage and you can add up to 16 gigs with an sd card. Also unlike the flip, you can chose between hd, hq, and general vga quality, you can also take 5 megapixel still photos. If you need an entry level hd camera, this is a great choice.
- arunkalpyJun 09, 2009by
Not good as I was expecting
This camera has lots of features but quality and usability sucks. LCD screen is very bad, but it has few other features which I like. Rechargeable battery makes it more handy, high quality recording allows to shot videos where digital zoom and size (cannot hold it in hand easily to shoot videos for a long time) may not be good. Other things I found is it accept 2 SD cards regular and mini, which doubles the memory capacity. Also has built in memory. Has mini HDMI but no cable or adapter supplied for it. Because of the features I am keeping it other wise I would have to throw it due to quality. I am keeping it for emergency video shoot.
- goobernotOct 29, 2010by
RCA Small Wonder
I have a really nice but older Camcorder (sits on your shoulder) and needed a newer, smaller, easier to use one. This one just fit the bill including the flip out lens to take self pictures (when you take the pics your never in the shots). I really like the built in software feature, just plug it into the computer and it runs automaticly. And the portablity means it can come with me anywhere. I already have a small carring case that I use for cell phone, papers, etc. Now I just have to pop the Small Wonder into the case when I leave the house and I'm all set. All in all I am pleased with the features that are part of the Small Wonder Cancorder and glad to add it to may little go case so I'm more ready for all the little things that can happen and you want to save them. Now I can.
- sportsjp2May 28, 2009by
Great item and shoots great video!
If you're looking for a low budget HD camcorder this is the one to get. Picked mine up for under $100! The video is great the pictures are good quality for a 5.1 MP camera. I've shot several videos and they have all turned out great, the low light videos are ok. They are what I expected based on other reviews. If you have light or are in a low light area just turn on a lamp and the videos will be fine. The only thing you will need to remember to do is be sure to download the software to run the videos. If it's not downloaded the videos won't play and you will only hear sound. This took me a couple of days to figure out and I found the download from the online manual for the device. Don't expect to get quality of a $500+ camera for $100 or less. Most reviews I've read seem to think they're getting a $500+ item for $100. That's not the case. This is a great item for the price and fits in your pocket. Also you can add up to a 16GB card and I was able to pick up a few extra batteries for under $8 apiece! The battery that came with the device charged up in under a half hour and I haven't had to charge it yet and it's been a week since I've had the device! Next it's on to a week long vacation to CA and I'm bringing the device along with me! Read full review