Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $100.00+ Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by elancecommerce
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Video Game Consoles
About this product
- Product InformationPhantasy Star is set on the planet Palma, one of the three known planets in the Algo Star System, located deep in the Andromeda galaxy. The game takes place in the Phantasy Star time of Space Century 342.<br><br>Two hundred years earlier, space travel had been discovered, allowing for the colonization of two other planets in the galaxy, Motavia and Dezoris. Now, life was good under the rule of King Lassic and citizens were provided with everything that they could want.<br><br>Unfortunately, this peace and prosperity did not last. The first change began with a new religion that was rumored to have come from another galaxy. The dark priests of this new religion, though never actually seen by mortal man, supposedly promised immortality to any who would join their cause.<br><br>King Lassic was getting old and the idea of living forever appealed to him. He became the first to join this new religion. Soon after, he was changed. The change started with a horrific suit of armor that the priests made for him. Soon, outrageous taxes drained the people and trade between the three planets slowed. Eventually all trade stopped. Next, the dead began to rise, striking fear in the hearts of everyone. King Lassic had become an evil tyrant, due to the black magic of this new religion.<br><br>Where there is evil, there is also good. People began rallying in secret against the evil king. But Lassic's Robotcops were deadly in hunting down these rebellious defenders. As heroic protagonist Alis, your brother has been killed by these Robotcops, but before he died, he left his sword and quest to you. Raising the sword to the sky, you accept the quest of your fallen brother.
- GamePhantasy Star
- PlatformSega Master
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year1988
- Game SeriesPhantasy Star Series
Most relevant reviews
- zinner2016Mar 14, 2016by
Fantastic older RPG
Phantasy Star is an amazing game, even today. Don't let the fact that it a Sega Master System title throw you. The only problem is finding a Master System or Power Base Converter (to play it on a Sega Genesis, if you have one). I play it on my Retron 5 using the mini power base converter. The gameplay is fun and the storyline is good. I would recommend this tille to anyone who is into "retro" gaming and has the system or systems to play it on.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- jmy616May 09, 2015by
Probably pricey, but totally worth it for RPG and SMS collectors.
The Sega Master System has a pretty small library and if you look at it, they struggled to put out more than a handful of quality, noteworthy titles (at least in North America). If you're looking for something on the SMS with playability, this is very accessible to RPG fans. If you're looking to pick this up, you're not likely on the fence and you don't really need me to convince you of the value of this game. Serious SMS collectors seek or own this title as a foundation piece. It is a top 5 SMS game, but it's also the start of a great series of RPGs that would follow on the Genesis. For the uninitiated RPG enthusiast, it's no Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 6, but pick this up if you enjoy the Dragon Warrior/Quest series and thought it would be awesome if it had a Sci-Fi counterpart.
- 698j32Jan 24, 2017by
Works as intended
Had an issue playing the cart at first. Upon cleaning the cart/master system the issue was resolved. Was happy with my purchase and would buy again.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- speed_king00Jul 03, 2011by
This is awesome if you love old retro game software. Still playable. Sega!
The Phantasy Star Series has a long history, and I was curious to see where this series started. As an older RPG, it does take some time getting used to the older game mechanics, but overall this is still a very playable game. It has terrific music and is full of deep game play. A good copy of this game is a bit hard to get a hold of these days. If you are into the the series and want to see where it got its start, considering getting the original cart. The original cart isn't terrible expensive, but it does cost a couple bucks more than your average Master System game.
- rosemeyermnApr 15, 2007by
One of the FIRST and still one of the BEST RPG's, ever.
My review can not do this game justice... This game really had it all; strategy, music, interesting enemy's, logical increases in experience and defense, a story, humor, even great graphics for an 8-bit system. The graphics of this game could be considered SUPERIOR over its peers back in the day. This is a long game. Can not win it in a single day. I would guess a gamer needs a week while a game reviewer may need only 20 hours. A guy like me will need a couple months to finish this game, (took me six months to win BUT hey I was busy working and stuff). The music is upbeat and not irritating like the music can be in so many other 8-bit and even 16-bit games. ABOUT THE GAME: You are Alis and it is your goal to defeat Lassic, a once good king who has turned evil. You are joined by 3 friends; Myau, Odin and Noah, (you must find them and supply them with weapons & armor and use and protect them). You explore several dungeons, towns, villages, shops, castles on three different planets to find clues on how to defeat Lassic. You must gain experience, learn spells, upgrade weapons/armor and find special items to do this. The character names above differ from the original Japanese names and were created for the English translation of the game. Master System cartridges work in any Master system regardless of region so if you come across a Japanese cartridge from 1987, then you have an original. The game requires a lot of reading of "clues" so if you play a Japanese language cartridge on your Master System, then you'll either need to know how to read Japanese or hire a kid who does. A lot of thought went into this game. Some of the dungeons are very vast, you'll need to map some of these to find your way (CHEAT - maps are everywhere on the Internet - die hard fans have very detailed web sites dedicated to this game). Some of the special circumstances in the game are very creative and just solidify the story. The cartridge has a battery back up (CR2032) to save up to four different games. Back up your game often. There are a few good games for the Sega Master System, but Phantasy Star is one of the only MUST HAVE games. One of the greatest games on ANY Sega home video game console and, arguably, one of the BEST RPG's to hit U.S. consoles, ever. BOTTOM LINE This game is the reason you need a Sega Master System. Anyone who plays RPG's should brush up on this historical game. Anyone who collects Sega stuff should not toot his/her horn too loudly unless this is in the collection. It is a must have and a must play! Read full review
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $50.00Trending at $68.58
- $31.99Trending at $33.90
- $30.95Trending at $35.94
- $49.99Trending at $56.99
- $12.30Trending at $20.98
- $60.95Trending at $75.99
- $18.50Trending at $21.48