More items related to this product
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $4,600.00Trending at $5,467.00
- $331.60Trending at $358.56
- $1,259.88Trending at $1,359.99
- $119.99Trending at $129.00
- $399.99Trending at $429.99
- $282.00Trending at $349.00
- $12.98Trending at $15.72
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesBe it sweeping landscapes or close-ups of distant objects, the Panasonic HDC SD40 lets you capture them all with a 16.8x zoom. The power O.I.S of this Panasonic camcorder gives you blur-free close-ups and long zoom shots. This HD camcorder’s Active mode corrects even relatively large hand-shake motion and you can switch to it for active video shooting. The iA function of this Panasonic camcorder senses the shooting conditions and automatically adjusts the settings for both still and motion images. This HD camcorder is extremely lightweight which takes care of the hassle of carrying heavy equipment. The Panasonic HDC SD40 has a long recording time, so get ready to unleash your creativity.
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom16.8x
- Digital Zoom1200X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution1.5 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Weight5.71 Oz.
- Sensor TypeMOS
- Sensor Size1/5.8"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range2.9mm - 48.7mm
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth4.29 in.
- Height2.28 in.
- Width2.05 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Display Size2.7"
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Effective Still Resolution1.2 MP
- Effective Video Resolution1.2 MP
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD,iFrame
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Face DetectionYes
- High Definition Video Support1080i
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- greglateguitarsOct 02, 2011by
Thanks to this seller for such a reasonable deal!
I was very pleased upon receiving the camera, battery charger, fire wire, and video cables all inside a very nice camera bag safely packed. I went online to read a pdf file of it's owner's manual. This gave me all of the directions I needed to begin using the camera. I took it to school and began using it on a student who is autistic. He will hopefully begin becoming more self aware of his actions because he can now see himself on the digital motion picture videos that I take of him. I'm grateful to find such a nice camera for a reasonable and affordable price. Thank to the seller. We all appreciate someone giving up something as valuable as this camera for such a fair price. This is the way to purchase things. latedrums
- 1022462896@dele...Jan 06, 2012by
It's been a pretty pleasant experience with this product thus far.
Took me a long time to write a review for this, but I really needed to take the time to use this product, observe any defects, etc. This is my first HD camcorder and I was pleasantly happy with it. Videos at the beach look outstanding, darker areas are so-and-so, but I think every camcorder has that issue to some degree. Overall it's a fine product.
- jgoo2055Apr 05, 2012by
For the price this camera is a tough one to beat. I highly reccomend it!
I bought this camcorder so I could capture some waterfowl hunting footage without having to break the bank. I'm pretty sure this camcorder will do just fine. It's so simple to operate anyone could do it. The image stabilizing feature (OIS) is my absolute favorite feature. It literally takes the shake of your hands out of the image so you get a nice smooth image while recording. This is a great camera for the money. Does it record movie quality footage, of course not but it does record very good quality footage that anybody should be happy with.
- fotoxerox22Mar 10, 2012by
The HDC-SD40 is Panasonic's entry-level 1MOS camcorder. It has many more manual features and - most importantly - a 16.8x optical zoom, which no pocket Internet model can boast. Image quality is reasonable for the price, and there's even a Power OIS optical image stabilisation system, to keep things steady when shooting handheld. The SD40 is not the absolute best budget deal on the market, but it provides the most manual settings at this price.
- jovannya2006Jun 08, 2012by
all in one camera, quality, low price and easy handling
is a wonderful experience, is a very confotable camera, and easy to use ... the battery lasts long enough but what I like most is the soom 1200x with a very good image quality and all that na a very low price . this is very good video camera.