All listings for this product
Best Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Save on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $154.99Trending at $159.99
- $309.00Trending at $345.00
- $178.98Trending at $184.95
- $169.99Trending at $192.00
- $186.00Trending at $189.95
- $765.74Trending at $839.00
- $149.95Trending at $158.10
About this product
- Product InformationPerform both personal and business communication tasks with the stunning Palm Pre Plus smartphone. This palm phone has a full QWERTY keyboard that makes messaging quick and easy. The Pre Plus version also has an 1150 mAh battery that offers up to 4 hours of uninterrupted talk time on a single charge. The 3.1-inch touchscreen display allows quick operation in addition to enhancing the smartphone experience. Featuring a memory capacity of 16 GB, the product lets you install lots of apps and store important data. Similarly, the 600 MHz Cortex-A8 processor with 512 MB RAM makes the Palm Pre Plus exceptionally fast. The Pre Plus from Verizon stands out from its predecessors, such as Palm Pixi, by offering 16 GB of storage. Similarly, the RAM is doubled in this version from 256 MB to 512 MB, which is also reflected by the hardware performance. In fact, these Palm Pre Plus phones have the ability to act as a Wi-Fi hotspot for five devices. The modem mode activates Wi-Fi hotspots by allowing up to five devices to be connected to EVDO Rev A network. In addition, the charge allows more than 3 hours of continuous operation even when the phone is on the modem mode. Recent software updates have not only improved the performance, but it has also increased the battery life. You can even use a third-party application or the built-in Palm technology to move data from the old Palm compatible device to the new phone. You can also view PDF, Microsoft Office Applications, and email attachments. Another practical feature is the robust Palm WebOS, which offers a smooth experience through clean and easy navigation controls. The user-friendly interface allows anyone to easily toss, flip, rotate, and switch applications on the 320 by 480 touch video screen. In addition, users can navigate easily with the pinch to zoom function. For gamers, this device is a practical choice, as the expanded application memory allows users to play a variety of top games from top publishers. The powerful processor also ensures that the phone does not crash during gameplay. The Palm Pre Plus from Verizon Wireless is also known for its integration with Apple's iPhone and tablets. As such, numerous original apps and Google applications and software are automatically synced with versions of Apple iTunes 9.0.1. Users will only need to install a simple app to sync with Apple iTunes 9.0.2, and later versions. As for the 3-pixel camera, it can take bright and evenly exposed photos, even in low light. For customers who want to use Palm's Pre Plus at international destinations such as Europe, the international power charger from Palm works with a European AC standard socket, automatically converting the power from 220V in Europe to 110V in the United States. With all these qualities, this mobile version from Verizon is a great choice for users who love web browsing and messaging. If someone is looking for a compact device that allows them to easily use basic communication applications, these "Pre" smartphones will fit the bill.
- Family LinePalm Pre
- Storage Capacity16GB
- Network Generation3G
- Network TechnologyCDMA2000 1X
- BandCDMA2000 1X 1900/800
- Camera Resolution3.0MP
- Screen Size3.1"
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardYes
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
Most relevant reviews
- 3320e61371de508...Oct 02, 2014by
Awesome product!! Great value for the money!!!
I had one of these phones about a year ago and I lost it and when I saw this on ebay I just had to bid for it. I like the sleek design and it is very easy to text. The touch screen works great and I would recommend this phone if you are new to smart phones and have not had enough experience this phone will be a wonderful and positive experience. Ease of use is awesome. internet connection is excellent. I listen to Pandora all the time and watching movies on youtube of which I never thought I would do. So if you see a deal on a phone like this take advantage and purchase one you will not regret it.
- bedrock8207Jul 30, 2012by
For the price it is well worth it.
It has it limits,a lot of apps you cant get,but easy to use no problem surfing the INTERNET.This will be my second palm for the simple reason i have unlimited data with verizon and if I upgrade i will lose that,but if it wasn't for that i would get a different phone.the battery life isn't that great so carry a charger with you if you do a lot of talking.My last palm i dropped it to many times,so i had problems using my hot-spot for my laptop and my blue-tooth,but I have dropped this phone plenty of times its tough hard to break.
- sun311usaNov 17, 2011by
It works great!!
I'd have rated it 5 on the value but with the short battery life thats about the only drawback that Ive found in almost a year of use. I dropped it in the river in the spring but luckily it came as great as ever. I like the mobile hotspot as Ive never seen that an any other phones and its very handy. A little short on apps but thats not why I bought it anyway so no big deal there. I'm sure there will be more soon as the HP touch pad is out. I really enjoy the calender and how it syncs up well with gmail, ical etc. I had some issues with Password recently Ive been working on getting that fixed. The social networking on this phone is a snap. I like the messaging feature that shows a little bubble when a message comes thru. Its very similar in alot of ways to an iphone with everything touchscreen and the ease of use is amazing. I like that it comes with a qwerty keyboard as Ive found from experience what its like if your touchscreen has a brain freeze or doesn't work. It uses pdfs and google docs with ease as well. The web surfing works great and I've only had it disconnect on me a few times. Restarting it usually solves that though. Shooting Video and posting it is easy. The only con I can see is the short battery life but you can pick up extras cheap and like a laptop swap it out before the data is lost. There's a great charger for the batteries that I found on Amazon you can have one charging while your using the other. Read full review
- wickwire-halfDec 02, 2012by
Great phone/Hotspot, but it's old and it's time to move onto a smartphone.
Six years ago I upgraded to the Palm-pre' because it was being promoted by Verizon, and they offered very cheap internet, and it was unlimited as long as you used the 'palm pre'. It has been a great phone for me, and I would recommend it, however since then I have found that it is time for me to up-grade to a faster and easier 'smart phone'. As I said this is a good phone, but there are faster ones now. I have to also say that the 'Hotspot' on this phone is GREAT, but it's only 3g. It's time for me to move up, but I have no regrets, or complaints about the palm pre.
- kamoteqDec 07, 2011by
Great looks, size, functions but have some issues that you may not like.
I bought this phone for use on Page Plus and not Verizon network. The feature of this phone are very attractive as you may already know. But, there are known issues that I just found out myself. The Palm Pre Plus have problems with the earpiece. Mine stopped working after 2 weeks. I have have been using the speaker phone since then. I have done my research and tried many suggested solutions to no avail. I bought myself a Bluetooth headset for this reason. Another issue is what some call the "Orio" cookie effect. The top half of the phone wiggles from the bottom half creating the effect similar to the Orio cookie thus - "Orio" effect. There is a solution but does not work effectively. Apps for the phone are very limited. GPS will not work properly unless on a Verizon network. I have many problems with accidental calling from the sensitive touch screen. I still like he phone but, I'm not sure until when I can tolerate the issues. I have been patient with it and giving it a chance hoping that I will someday get used to it. Read full review