More items related to this product
Best Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
Save on Tablets & eBook Readers
- $1,140.00Trending at $1,159.99
- $249.95Trending at $254.88
- $159.99Trending at $229.99
- $125.00Trending at $186.94
- $149.95Trending at $289.95
- $239.95Trending at $359.99
- $279.95Trending at $308.88
About this product
- Product InformationCurl up on the couch with your black Onyx BOOX M92 4 GB 9.7-inch e-reader for a comfortable reading experience. With this device, you'll have all the storage you need to hold thousands of digital books right in the palm of your hand. The Onyx BOOX reader brings your favorite novel to life on a screen that is easy to read. Whether you are a student who reads hundreds of papers and books each semester or you're someone who just likes to cuddle up with a good story after work, you will love the Onyx BOOX reading device.The 9.7-inch E Ink screen is incredibly clear and as easy on your eyes as a printed page. This is true even in bright sunlight because of the Black Pearl technology. The screen has a resolution of 1200 by 825 pixels to provide sharp, clear images no matter which novel or autobiography you are reading. Because it is a touchscreen, use your fingers to turn the page or select a new e-book. The 180-degree viewing angle means you can read comfortably without craning your neck. With the Onyx e-reader E ink technology, each word on the page is clear. The technology includes 16 different shades of gray to prevent eye strain and improve your e-reading experience. The high-performance CPUiMX 508 processor and 256 MB of RAM mean that the device is quite fast. The A2 Quick Refresh mode lets you turn the page without any screen flashing, letting you speed read your favorite titles. With the device's 1600 milliampere-hours battery, you can turn up to 8,000 pages on just a single charge.The Onyx BOOX M92 supports a variety of formats so that you can read any text, including PDFs, TXT files, PNGs, and HTML. Update the Firmware to version 1.5.1 to view Adobe DRM formats. The device's wireless capabilities let you download new books or texts while you are at the library, in the student lounge, or hanging out at your favorite hot spot. The BOOX also supports multiple languages, allowing you to read texts in German, Japanese, and traditional Chinese, among others. This makes learning a new language with Onyx readers a breeze. It also supports some Android apps so that you get more out of your e-reader.Navigate through the screens easily with a stylus. You can even use the stylus to annotate, highlight, or add your own text to your e-book just like your physical version. It supports multiple document formats, including PDF and MS Office. Additional features include Wi-Fi connectivity, multiple languages, Adobe Digital Editions, or Calibre and Ivona 4.0 to convert any e-book into an audiobook. Even better, the Onyx e-reader comes with a fully integrated HTML browser, so you can read online. Search the Internet for news, order new books, or even just add a post to your social media pages. For those who need a text-to-speech function, look no further than the Onyx BOOX. The software reads your books with a natural-sounding human voice. The Onyx BOOX M92 comes with the book reader, a USB charging cable, a PU case, and a manual, so you will be ready to use and enjoy it immediately.
- CarrierNot Applicable
- TypeeBook Reader
- Family LineBOOX
- Display Size9.7in (24.64 cm)
- Storage Capacity4GB
- Operating SystemLinux
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Supported File TypesCHM,DJVU,FB2,HTML,PDB,PDF,TXT,ePub
- Exterior ColorBlack
- Processor Speed500GHz
Display and Screen
- Display Max. Resolution825 x 1200
- Installed RAM4GB
Connections and Expandability
- ExpandabilitySD Card Slot,SDHC Card Slot
- Expansion PortsUSB
- PC InterfaceWi-Fi
- Width7in (17.78 cm)
- Weight1.15lb (0.52 kg)
- Special FeaturesExpandable Memory
Most relevant reviews
- pmi-pee-dzzlwyw...May 07, 2015by
An excellent large display e-ink reader for the money
I bought this product because I wanted a large e-ink display to read and annotate PDF papers formatted for 8.5"x11" print while working in brightly lit areas or while under direct sunlight. I also wanted an e-ink display for the increased battery life that such devices tend to have over LED/LCD tablets. The device that I received turned out to be more than I had expected or even hoped for. It's not perfect, but it's the best bang for the buck that I found in large e-ink readers. There are various reviews and feature walk-through videos available on youtube. Since the product runs Android (4.0.x), and comes with the Google Play store, I was able to install many of the applications that I enjoy using on my phone without a problem. Note that with the limited grey scale display some apps may not look very good, and of course you cannot view videos, animated gifs, or the like. For note-taking, the device comes with OnyxScribbler, an app that allows you to take handwritten notes/drawings, but I find the app too simple and unrefined for my taste. (I personally prefer Stylus Labs' Write.) On a related note, when using the tablet for note-taking, there is a known problem where the touch sensitivity temporarily stops responding periodically while writing on the tablet. Since the device is marketed as a e-reader and not a replacement for pen-n-paper, I'm okay with this. (Thumbing a button or the joystick sends a hardware interrupt that brings the touch support back in line -- or you can just wait a second for the hardware to catch back up.) Some people have reported battery life drain. If you experience this, then it's likely because that the stock Android is trying to poll the hardware for a cell phone radio that does not exist. Some have reported that turning on airplane mode fixes this problem and alleviates the needless drain. (Turning on airplane mode does not inhibit the use of wifi, so if this works for you then you can leave it in airplane mode indefinitely.) Others have reported that airplane mode did not fix the problem and have resorted to rooting the device and disabling Phone.apk, TelephonyServices.apk, and Mms.apk in the /system/ directory. This will likely void the warranty, but reports are that doing this will more than double the battery life of the device. (To put the battery life issue into perspective, my old Toshiba Thrive LCD tablet had a battery life of 4-5hrs of continuous use at best. By comparison, I can use the Boox all day long and never dip below the 50% mark. With what I use it for, the tablet will last a week on a single charge easily.) Rooting the device is reportedly very easy to do, but beware: stupidity, like virtue, is it's own reward. Read full review
- vadimgrnMay 10, 2013by
Great product, but slightly overpriced.
It has a very quality e-ink screen that looks like real paper. It supports almost all ebook formats, especially pdf, and djvu and has quite quality software. I like read full-size pdf on it. I can read in portrait orientation with normal and readable font size. The software is open-source and linux-based, there is a free SDK. The reader has no real competitors among 9.7" books.
- serg_jokerJun 04, 2013by
Betst thing on the market.
Love it! Unfortunately there are no good alternatives. Amazon does not produce DX size readers anymore and lack good pdf, djvu formats support ( and many other formats ). PocketBook is still using old E-Ink for 9.9'' devices. No really alternative to Onyx Boox if you want to read on big screen and save your eyes.
- grahamd5152Apr 06, 2013by
Lovely big 9.7"screen, eInk gentle on the eyes, great with PDFs
I bought this to read PDFs and it does a great job. EPUBs work, although the fonts are not as lovely as on the kindle. Kindle was no good with PDFs, so I bought this. Lovely big 9.7" screen, can magnify and see PDFs just how I like them. You can buy a spare stylus from http://ereader-store.de/en/
- tatitjomsJul 08, 2013by
My first experience with tablets. very satisfied, recommend to anyone. particularly happy with the screen size. I just love it!