Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,210.96Trending at $2,796.00
- $594.00Trending at $696.95
- $5,349.99Trending at $6,496.95
- $5,189.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $1,694.85Trending at $1,896.95
- $3,951.00Trending at $4,199.00
- $2,389.00Trending at $2,698.00
About this product
- Product InformationBuilt for storing great pictures for you and taking crystal clear photos in a variety of different conditions, the Olympus CAMEDIA D 1.4 MP camera is a personal body only that is professional. With its black and metallic silver body, this Olympus CAMEDIA D 600L digital camera is a modern device for taking pictures. With disposable AA batteries featured on this Olympus CAMEDIA D digital SLR camera, you can remain ready to snap photos. You can select the size of storage available for shooting because the Olympus CAMEDIA D 1.4 MP camera comes with a flash memory card slot. This Olympus CAMEDIA D 600L digital camera is just right for displaying your most special shots, with its 1.8-inch LCD screen, which allows you to view pictures with ease. High-quality pictures and outstanding performance are yours with this Olympus CAMEDIA D digital SLR camera. The Olympus CAMEDIA D 1.4 MP camera comes with only the body and no lens. One advantage to getting the camera body separately is that you pick and choose the best interchangeable lens or lenses to get based on your photography wants and needs.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Sensor Resolution1.4 MP
- Screen Size1.8"
- Sensor Size2/3"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Lens For SDBody Only
- Macro Focus Range30-60cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera36 - 110mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/10000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed1/4 sec
- Exposure compensation±3 EV range, in 1 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 100
- Light Sensitivity Max100
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.3 m - 3.6 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAuto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash Off,Red-eye Reduction Flash
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Backlight Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySmartMedia
- Floppy Drive StorageNone
- Viewfinder TypeOptical,Optical (Through-the-lens)
- Optical Viewfinder TypeFixed eye-level pentaprism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage95%
- Depth5.1 in.
- Height3.3 in.
- Width4.5 in.
- Weight16.6 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 1.8" - color
- Display Size1.8"
- Microphone TypeNone
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x parallel,1 x serial
- Expansion Slot1 x SmartMedia Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS 7,Apple Mac OS 8,Apple Mac OS 9,Apple Mac OS X,Microsoft Windows 95,Microsoft Windows NT
- Battery Form FactorStandard form factor
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesBrightness Control,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Direct Print,Not Interchangeable Lenses,With Tripod Mount
- White BalanceAutomatic
- Exterior ColorBlack & Metallic silver
Most relevant reviews
- lagit38Jul 10, 2009by
Classic Digital Camera
When this unit came out, it was considered the cutting edge of photography! It featured all the goodies! SLR like functions, 1.4 megapixels, removable and reuseable smart card, RAW format, built in flash, close up ability, wide angle, 3X zoom - and only for around the $1000 to $1200 range. Seems funny to us now, but if you check back in the reviews of the time, some of our computer magazines were considering this their first line camera for their articles! It has all the shortcomings that are apparent when you compare it to the newer and less expensive digital cameras of today: Slow writing to the card, limited amount of photos each card can hold (if you can locate it, there is an upgrade you can install through the smart card so it will allow the camera to read a card up to 16 meg), and slow reaction time. The next unit in this series, the 620, allowed even larger cards and quicker reaction times. I have 2 of these units (I paid around $10.00 each for them by luck in bidding. I pick up the occasional filter (43mm) and smart card when I find them on sale. It is fun to play with and it's distinctive style still gets "Wow!" comments from people when they see it. The photos are quite good (it's a professional camera, remember?) but the smaller size (1.4meg) makes for a fun challenge-I have gotten some Great shots with it and printed 5x7's that were quite good. Power is from 4 AA batteries, I use rechargerable to keep the cost down. No, I don't use it weddings, product photography or when I shoot models, but I keep it in the case with other units I have used (Argus C3, Nikon FTN, Pentax SP1000, Rolliflex ) over the past 45 years (yes, I'm that old!!) the only difference is that I will take it out on occasion and shoot some stuff just to see what it can do. AND it is fun to let someone who doesn't know cameras that well hold it and casually mention that they are holding a camera that sold for about $1200 dollars...then when they nearly drop it you can assure them that it isn't worth quite that much now...LOL. Read full review
- ramirobarceloJun 06, 2006by
Olympus CAMEDIA D 600L 1.4 Megapixel
This camera is an excelent first camera. In this time this camera is very low cost camera. With this camera you can experiment all posibilities of Digital cameras. Light, flash, zoom, efects, etc. This model has two problems: a) problems in low light situation you need force the picture shot. b) the camera really eat batteries, you need buy 4 rechargable batteries 2300mh in this case the camera shot many pictures( may be 100, 50 flash and 50 non flash). The quality of the images are excelent. The materials of this camera are hight quality. Is a better camera for very low cost. After using this camera pictures you will have the enough experience to be able to choose a better camera or to stay forever with her.
- fatimab1045May 09, 2009by
I thought it was something else. I need to learn more.
I just need to upgrade myself. I had no idea this model was old. I can't find a memory card that fits the camera.
- bee553Sep 07, 2007by
We liked it very much because it takes good pictures. We decided to buy it because we are familiar with this model and is good for taking pictures of our ebay items.