All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Video Game Consoles
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $56.68Trending at $66.97
- $34.99Trending at $38.78
- $55.00Trending at $59.99
- $77.77Trending at $107.75
- $5.00Trending at $7.50
- $27.49Trending at $29.00
- $15.00Trending at $19.25
About this product
- Product InformationOff-Road Challenge is a rally sliding, off road racing rest through Northern American countryside in some of the most beefed up trucks and zippy buggies known to the rev-head. Off-Road Challenge bases itself upon Arcade thrills and Off-Road racing, much like its Arcade predecessor. From the same developer, engine and even similar hardware as Cruis'n USA, Midway Home Entertainment however have created an unique experience from their original Cruis'n USA series by adding new off-road tracks and a variety of trucks and buggies to race.<br><br>Players are instantly subjected to the game's main modes: One-Player, Two-Player and an Options selection. The One-Player selection places racers right into the thick of either Circuit action or the single-race "Just Play"mode. The Two-Player mode is based more on the Arcade mode placing two gamers into a 2P Vs. battle with full options still intacted. <br><br>Circuit racing is the one-player championship mode that tests players against seven other competitors over an assortment of terrain's and courses. Circuit racing breaks itself up into four challenges: Rookie, Novice, Pro and Master with each challenge requiring racers to place one position higher to qualify (for example Rookie requires a top four finish to quality, while Master requires first place in every race). Players can also save Circuit results and resume through the main Circuit menu.<br><br>Provided in all modes is a selection of six tracks. All tracks are based in North America and include Mo Mojave, Pike's Peak, Las Vegas, El Paso, Baja and Ol South. Tracks are mostly placed on off-road tracks but don't be surprised to find yourself driving through a cemetery at one stage to pass back onto a highway a few seconds later. Courses generally verge on deserts but also take on the form of shores, snowfields and swamps with features like crashing trains, planes, and animals often grabbing your attention.<br><br>Racers also have the selection of ripping up tracks in a total of eight vehicles. Vehicles are broken into buggies, trucks and monster trucks with each of the vehicles varying in their power, handling and weight. Players can also upgrade their vehicles in Circuit mode by collecting bonuses and upgrading Nitros', Speed, Tires, Shocks etc.<br><br>Options in Off-Road Challenge allow players to select control configurations, five difficulties, music and sound effects volumes, arcade AI, trophy girls and sky sprites from the default random to blue, storm and dusk.
- GameOff-Road Challenge
- MPNDoes Not Apply
- PlatformNintendo 64
- ESRB RatingE - Everyone
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-2
- Release Year1998
Most relevant reviews
- osan8521Oct 02, 2015by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- powerfulparadoxJul 15, 2010by
Off-Road CHallenge: Fun, but Slightly Limited Racing
I bought Off-Road Challenge because I remembered playing it at a friend's house when I was growing up. It is still one of my favorite racing games for the N64. The races are intense, with unexpected obstacles around every corner. The upgrade system enables you to spend cash earned during a race on extra parts to make your vehicle faster or more maneuverable. However, in 2-player mode, this can sometimes leave the unlucky player in the lurch, as upgrades pile up for one player,making it easier for them to win. Overall, I really enjoy this game. That said, there isn't that much depth, especially in 2-player mode. There are only 8 trucks and 6 tracks to choose from, and the tracks get old fast. Overall, this could be worth the money, if you can find it for a low enough price.
- 2thedirtDec 17, 2008by
Fun little game
fun little game although it is not up to the standards of today's graffix. My kids still love the nin 64 and this game is alot of fun to play not real challenging but a fun one neverless.
- r32-gt-rJan 18, 2009by
Good racer for N64
Ive played this game since I was a kid, its just plain fun! If youre into Rally/offroad racing and own an N64, this is a must have!
- 664136815@delet...Mar 07, 2008by
Off-Road Challenge for the Nintendo 64
If you liked the arcade version then you're going to love the N64 version. This is a must play if you love racing games; with all the jumps, smashes, and crashes. Can you handle it?