More items related to this product
Best Selling in Lenses
Save on Lenses
- $579.00Trending at $899.00
- $628.00Trending at $638.00
- $678.00Trending at $700.00
- $220.93Trending at $223.99
- $2,319.99Trending at $2,499.00
- $859.00Trending at $879.99
- $769.00Trending at $1,450.91
About this product
- Product InformationNikon Nikkor series AF D Standard lens with an aperture of f/1.8 is compatible with Nikon Digital SLR cameras. This Nikon lens is capable of being used with Auto & Manual focus. It contains 6 elements in 5 groups and features a focal length of 50 mm. The lens is compatible with 52 mm filters. It has 6.35 cm diameter, 3.9 cm length and weighs 155 g.
- Lens BrandNikon
- ModelAF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D
- Lens TypeStandard
- Compatible Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Compatible Camera BrandNikon
- Focus TypeAuto & Manual
- Max Aperturef/1.8
- Lens Construction6 Elements in 5 Groups
- Focal LengthFixed/Prime
- Min Aperturef/22
- View Angle46 Degrees
- Filter Size52 mm
- Minimum Focusing Distance45.72 cm
- Number of Diaphragm Blades7 Blades
- Diameter6.35 cm
- Length3.9 cm
- Weight155 g
- Zoom AdjustmentFixed/Prime
Most relevant reviews
- jingfaceApr 06, 2012by
perfect for your average dinner party
I am a DSLR beginner/hobbyist who wanted to start expanding my lens collections beyond the kit lenses. This lens can be used for a wide variety of situations, but I think it is summarized best with a dinner party. It can be used in dim/low-light (for example, a nice restaurant with ambient lighting) without need for a flash. The larger aperture is definitely the biggest benefit to me. Even though the lens may seem useful only for macro (close up) shots, like food, it's also great for portraits of people sitting around the table and having a good time. This lens is compact and lightweight, which makes it very portable and convenient. Please be careful to note that, while it is compatible with many Nikon bodies, the autofocus function may not work with some.
- el_escenarioJul 08, 2012by
Essential lens for your Nikon DSLR - unless you already have the f1.4 50mm!
Standard lens for any photographer - inexpensive, high quality, rapid autofocus (no internal motor so you need a compatible body) and good for FX and DX photography. This is the current in a long line of 50mm Nikkor lenses and they have been the Nikon photographers standard lens for a long long time, for good reason! If you haven't got one already then you've probably got the f1.4... The manual versions are just as good optically so you can get an older manual version and it will be pretty much exactly the same, but a little bit cheaper and have less plastic in it - this lens is very much a plastic lens which makes it light. I have both the plastic and older (non auto) metal versions and the older one is tougher, but this one is so cheap it really doesn't matter!
- phil6152Dec 08, 2012by
Excellent value for the price!
This is an amazing lens– especially considering its tiny price! I recently tested all the lenses for my Canon 5D Mk2 using Focal and this little cheap lens achieved scores up with my expensive L series lenses. It is light, sturdy and takes very sharp images. Unlike most modern lenses, because it is a fixed focal length, it also has a depth of field guide built-in.
- chrispinoxSep 10, 2012by
A f1.8 50mm for $113!! Everyone should have this lens.
A great little lens for the price. Shooting wide open at 1.8 makes it perfect for inside family shots of the kids. The bokeh can be a bit harsh on some background details and the auto focus is loud and sometimes inaccurate but otherwise this is one of my favorite lenses.
- lkjgfdgj543Apr 03, 2013by
Very good, top quality, undeniable clarity.
This lens is perfect for everyday use. Amazing quality. The lens which I purchased truly broadened my photographic horizons with it's simple yet professional methods of function, design and results. I would definitely recommend this lens to anyway interested in either establishing or expanding their interest in photography.