All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Camera Memory Cards
About this product
- Product InformationImmortalize your precious memories in high-resolution image stills or high-definition videos with the Nikon COOLPIX S9100. This compact and sleek camera packs a 12.1-megapixel CMOS sensor for clear and crisp images with minimal noise under all light conditions. This camera boasts a high ISO at 160-3200 that lets the user capture every shot in fast, live action with hooting speeds at high resolution of up to 5 fps. Its 3-inch TFT LCD features an anti-reflection coating for easy visibility under all types of light conditions. It also uses a VR image stabilization system to neutralize camera shakes. The camera shoots full-HD videos at a resolution of up to 1920 x 1080p.
- Product Features<ul><li><strong>Advanced, Powerful, yet can go anywhere</strong><br />The Nikon Coolpix S9100 is loaded with innovative Nikon technology, like a 12.1-megapixel CMOS sensor that assures superb image quality in low-light conditions. Optimized with Nikon's exclusive EXPEED C2 processing engine, you'll capture natural looking pictures with exceptional detail. You'll also love composing images on the large 3-inch clear color display. This dazzling 921,000-dot, ultra-high resolution display that makes viewing photos and HD movies instantly gratifying.</li><li><strong>Create a scene and get the most out of every shot</strong><br />The world is brimming with creative shooting opportunities, and the Coolpix S9100 has the advanced features to match. Plus, Nikon's amazing easy panorama mode allows you to pan the camera in any direction as it automatically detects combines and assembles your shots into one seamless panoramic image.</li><li><strong>In-camera special effects that don't require post-shot processing</strong><br />You don't want to be hassled with post-shot processing, which is why Nikon equipped the Coolpix S9100 with in-camera special effects. These advanced features help you take shots you've never considered before! You can re-capture yesteryear with the nostalgic sepia effect, or try some intricate black and white shooting with the high-contrast monochrome feature. This versatile camera also lets you highlight bright areas of a photo with the high key effect, or highlight dark areas with the low key mode. The Coolpix S9100 even has a creative slider to adjust the brightness, intensity and hue of an image.</li><li><strong>Wide angle, high power 18x compact zoom - Nikkor glass lens</strong><br />Producing precision camera optics is at the heart of Nikon's proud photographic heritage. The Coolpix S9100 is no exception. Its high quality 18x wide-angle optical zoom - Nikkor ED glass lens offers impressive telephoto coverage with outstanding color capture and razor-sharp results. This is the only lens you'll ever need for exacting portrait studies, scenic panoramas, and challenging compositions.</li><li><strong>Bring back Full HD (1080p) movies of your treks around the world</strong><br />Sharing your travel adventures - or posting them on the Internet for friends and relatives - is even more exciting with Full HD (1080p) movies. While the COOLPIX S9100 can capture hundreds of memorable still images for you to easily print and save, its movie making features bring a safari, ski trip, cruise, or balloon ride to life. One touch of the movie recording button and you'll be shooting 1080p HD movies - complete with stereo sound. Plus, optical zoom and auto focus functions will bring you close to the action. You can even shoot still images while recording movies, or experiment with special effects like fast or slow motion. When the time comes to share your movies, simply use the in-camera playback feature or the convenient HDMI-CEC output for quick hookup to an HDTV or computer.</li><li><strong>Convenient features</strong><br />When traveling on an exotic adventure, you can't afford missed photo opportunities. You'll find Nikon's Motion Detection feature to be important because it identifies moving objects and automatically adjusts shutter speed and ISO to assure crisp, blur free images. ISO speeds up to 3200 will help you capture great shots in low-light. Blinking eyes and red-eye can ruin portraits. That's why the Coolpix S9100 includes blink warning. It also offers in-camera red-eye fix that automatically corrects red-eye as you shoot and skin softening that smoothes skin tones. The Coolpix S9100 also has macro shooting for shooting as close as 1.6-inch.</li></ul>
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom18x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution12.1 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size1/2.3"
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Macro Focus Range4cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus,Automatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera25 - 450mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed1 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 160,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 800,ISO auto (160-3200),ISO auto (160-400),ISO auto (160-800)
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.5 m - 4 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAuto Flash
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size74MB
- Supported Flash MemoryBuilt-in,SD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone,Without Viewfinder
- Depth1.3 in.
- Height2.5 in.
- Width4.2 in.
- Weight7.68 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x Hi-Speed USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatH.264,MPEG-4
- Still Image FormatDCF,DPOF,EXIF 2.3,JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional Features1080p Full HD Movie Recording,Auto White Balance,Autofocus,Image Stabilization,Self Timer
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsBack light,Beach,Black and white copy,Close-up,Dawn/dusk,Fireworks,Food,Landscape,Museum,Night landscape,Night portrait,Panorama assist,Party/indoor,Pet portrait,Portrait mode,Snow,Sports mode,Sunset
- White BalanceAuto,Manual
- Continuous Shooting Speed9.5 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- jmljns1_7Jan 18, 2017by
All smiles and satisfied
This camera I bought in 2011 for the 1st time & I was completely blown away by the features and capabilities. I took this camera with me to Atlanta Georgia and I took fantastic picture and the 1080p video recording,Wow!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- capalJul 15, 2014by
great camera, battery door not good.
Battery door latch is almost non existent, the door will open when taken out of a case, or if you even touch it during shooting. Scotch tape is the only answer I have. Otherwise, great camera.' Thank you for contacting Nikon. I am sorry to inform you that there is nothing that you can do or buy to keep the battery door from opening. I checked on a couple we sites to see if I found a case that you can leave on and take pictures with but I did not find any. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us. Thank you, Rosa G Nikon Tech Support
- roddyt83Dec 23, 2012by
Good photos, great zoom, good shake sensors, great price.
I looked around for a Camera that would deliver good photos and I read some reviews and decided to buy the Nikon S9100 Camera, after taking some hand held shots with the "Coolpix S9100" I am convinced that I will stay with this Camera, although the Video Recorder could have more lighting features for low light Recording situations but considering the quality of the photos, I'll let the Video Recorder make it. I take more photos than Videos so I'm pleased with Photo quality. 4 Stars because 1. No Wi-Fi or sharing 2. No GPS 3. 1080p could be better 4. Focusing suffers in different situation. But considering the Price for this Camera you can't beat it. The Photos alone can sell the Nikon Coolpix S9100 Digital Camera. I'm Happy!
- debbie53dogOct 30, 2013by
Nikon CoolPix S9100 Is A Nice Easy To Use Camera On The Go
I bought my Nikon CoolPix S9100 used. The person I bought it from took very good care of it and it came with the box, all the instructions and hookups etc. I like it because it's not as tiny as some of the models and it has a nice secure feel to it when your taking pictures or videos. The 12.1 MP is really all you need. I use the 8MP and it works great for me. The 18x wide zoom is great to have for those long shots but you may need to bring a tripod to keep it still. I like the looks of the camera and the black seems to hold up better than other colors to choose from. I have not had the camera very long but the pictures and videos I have taken so far are good for this kind of camera. I am happy with it and it's easy to take with you when your on the go.
- pacohopeJul 13, 2012by
Overall winner. Amazing zoom. Great size. Handful of gotchas
I read some professional reviews online and they had amazing things to say about it. I've had pocket Nikons before, so this seemed like a clear winner. Overall, it's fantastic for a "travel zoom" camera. It has a few down-sides, but is an overall winner. The first amazing feature is the zoom. From 18mm (which is really wide-angle, wider than almost anything in its class) to 400mm (which is extraordinary zoom, again farther than most in its class). And that's all optical, not digital. The versatility you get on the shots is awesome. The second great point is the LCD. It's clear, big, bright, and easy to use. The menus are standard Nikon. So if you know Nikon's way of doing things, it will be familiar. If you don't, it's not so bad. The third great point is the size. It's small, it's fast to start up/shut down, and it's light. I throw it in my trouser pocket easily. It's like carrying a pair of iphones. Not tiny, but manageable. For negative points, the first is probably the production quality. There are lots of people who complain that their camera just dies. Just locks up one day and never works again. I only read that after I got mine. I think it's just inconsistent quality at Nikon. The have a high rate of lemons on this one. I got lucky. My advice here is that if you run into trouble, return it right away and get another. Don't chance it. On the other hand, if you shoot for a few weeks with no difficulties, you're probably safe for the rest of the camera's life. The battery is a bit of a mixed bag. I find it lasts a long time, and I get plenty of shots. But it's a proprietary battery. For $20 I got a spare battery and a charger (on eBay). But if you get caught out, you can't just pop into a local shop and get a couple AAs to keep going. Look out for capacities. Standard one is 1050 mAh. Some people sell cheap replacements that have only 900 mAh. If you try really hard you can find 1200 mAh batteries. There are definitely times when I struggle to get a picture in focus. They're awesome when they're in focus, but sometimes I recompose 4 or 5 times to get it to focus. I occasionally find pictures that looked good on the LCD, but they are blurry when I download them. I now zoom in on the LCD to be sure. Probably the most irritating thing in 2012 is to have a camera with no rotation sensor. You have to go back and manually rotate images, either in the camera itself or in your photo software. I find myself doing this while I'm idle on a trip (e.g., on a bus, waiting in line, etc.). Read full review
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $1,207.93Trending at $1,399.00
- $2,999.00Trending at $3,299.00
- $1,149.00Trending at $1,199.95
- $5,219.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $794.00Trending at $996.95
- $555.67Trending at $569.95
- $439.00Trending at $446.36