Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $5.55+ Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by maysagmay
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Product InformationSony's in-house NBA series continues with another season of basketball action and behind-the-scenes theatrics in NBA 09: The Inside. "The Life" mode returns to the PS3 after a one-year hiatus, this time letting gamers guide three different characters through a series of both on-the-court and off-the-court challenges, earning rewards and endorsements along the way. The brand new Franchise mode lets gamers run every aspect of their team, from salaries, playing time, and trades, to drafting and player development, while the player progression system from NBA 08 returns with a new round of challenges, rewards, and customization options.<br><br>Also returning from the "08" version of the series is the Replay mode that allows players to alter the course of history by re-enacting key moments from the real '07-'08 NBA season. The Games of the Week feature returns as well, offering players the chance to relive five real scenarios from the previous week of NBA action. Other features include online leagues and leaderboards, commentary from announcers Kevin Calabro and Kenny Smith, two new mini-games, livelier arenas, and enhanced character modeling and movement.
- PublisherSony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- GameNBA 09: The Inside
- PlatformSony PlayStation 3
- ESRB RatingE - Everyone
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-4
- Release Year2008
- Game Special Features<li>Guide three different characters through the highs and lows on NBA life<br/><br/><li>Control every aspect of a team in the brand new Franchise mode<br/><br/><li>Two new mini-games turn the court into a golf course or a shooting gallery<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesNBA Series
Most relevant reviews
- baddog88Jun 23, 2009by
Not the best NBA title out there, but it's passable.
Let me start by saying that I like this game. Okay...now for the details and comparisons: First of all, the best NBA game out there is 2K9...and me being a Live fan that says a lot. But NBA09 can hang with the likes of Live09. The actions is fast paced and the graphics are nice. The player models are not as life-like as 2K9 but Kobe does look like Kobe. Le Bron like Le Bron. Dirk like Dirk...well you get the idea. The game play is passable. Office isn't too terribly difficult, but defense does take time to master. You'll find that the computer can and will score as easily as you can. The worst thing about the game play is the time-out options. You are very limited: change players, change strategy, return to game. That's it. And changing your lineup can be a chore (2K9 has this part down cold). The interface could use a little work but it is clumsy and somewhat frustrating. The sound is good, but there is not a noticeable "bumping" soundtrack as in the the other NBA sims. So far, the best feature of this game is "The Life" aspect of it. You can either play "The Life" mode or you can use a player you create in any mode in the game. The created player "progresses" with each game you play. As that happens, you can improve his attributes, buy gear, etc. If you every wanted to be an NBA superstar, here's your chance. In summary, this is not a bad game at all. It's not the best, but it'll do. And for the money, you'll get enough play to get your money's worth. Read full review
- thebackloggedst...Mar 01, 2009by
Good game...Reminds me of old Arcade Basketball games.
While NBA 09 might not be the best basketball game on the market, it delivers levels of fun. With The Life mode addition, and progression players, it takes basketball to a whole new level. Sure, some animations and such are..generic...for the most part this is a basketball game worth time and money. However, if you were to buy this at the going rate in a store $39.99-59.99...you'd be wasting your money. Find it for about $20 and it's perfect. At $39.99 you might as well pick up 2k9 if you don't already own a basketball game (or 2k8 like I do).
- phoenixussrOct 09, 2011by
Great game for being almost 4 years old.
There's a lot of aspects to this game. Single player, offline and online multi-player, various story modes and many mini games. Unlike other multi-platform NBA basketball games, this game has 1080p resolution capabilities. NBA 09 The Inside is exclusively made by Sony Computer Entertainment America, San Diego Studios.
- kentonb1219Feb 01, 2010by
Love the game...
I love the game...even though its a little older i feel that it plays better than the newer games available. Only 1 big problem...there's no online play available. They must have taken down their servers or something. Kind of a bummer becasue i want to play with a couple friends online and it wont let me. Overall, great game though. Hope they come out with a newer version soon.
- 526886103@delet...Jun 21, 2009by
NBA '09 is the best
I bought NBA '09: The Inside (Playstation 3) about 2 weeks. The controls and the game is so realistic. The shot blocking, the timed shooting and stealing the ball are just like the real game. I enjoyed playing "The Life" in which you have to complete challenges to improve your skills and see what really goes on off the court for NBA players, including dance competitions in the locker room and making sneaker tv commercials.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $32.95Trending at $35.00
- $21.93Trending at $22.45
- $6.57Trending at $10.52
- $26.95Trending at $27.99
- $18.45Trending at $21.40
- $34.49Trending at $34.99
- $16.95Trending at $19.98