Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $37.17Free shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by azn-girl05596
- See details for delivery est.
- $6.50+ $3.50 Shipping
- Good condition
- Sold by lcjewels
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $34.50Trending at $36.45
- $6.89Trending at $12.99
- $22.99Trending at $29.00
- $39.94Trending at $44.98
- $42.69Trending at $43.45
- $23.94Trending at $26.00
- $49.98Trending at $56.00
About this product
- Product InformationWorld War II rages in the skies over Europe. Pilots leap at the chance to show off their skills for the Royal Air Force (RAF), the United States Army Air Force (USAAF) or the Luftwaffe. In Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator: WWII Europe Series, you have the chance to fly for one of those organizations and build a reputation as an ace fighter pilot! <br><br>Although similar in many ways to Microsoft Flight Simulator titles, the combat simulator has some major differences, the largest being mission-oriented combat during World War II as opposed to present-day civilian flying. Other changes range from nomenclature (e.g., auto-rudder versus auto-coordination) to modes of play. Whereas the civilian flight titles concentrate on challenges, adventures and lessons, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator: WWII Europe Series provides free flight, quick combat, training, missions, and campaigns.<br><br>In single missions, you fly historically based assignments at rookie, veteran or ace skill levels that affect the number of enemies encountered. Each mission has a pre-flight briefing containing a map of the engagement with waypoints and a follow-up debriefing upon completion. Free flight mode allows you fly the countryside in WWII era aircraft and simply enjoy the scenery or practice maneuvering with no enemy return fire.<br><br>Quick combat inserts you instantly into air combat against enemy planes with the singular purpose of practicing moves, shooting down bombers or fighters, engaging in offensive, defensive or head-to-head maneuvers, and flying during the day or night in various types of weather. The core of the game is the campaign mode, in which your pilot builds a career and flies mission after mission within the context of a major campaign. The two major campaigns are the Battle of Britain (1940) and the Battle Over Europe (1943-1945).<br><br>Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator: WWII Europe Series puts you in the cockpit of eight vintage WWII aircraft, each designed to be historically accurate. For the RAF, you can fly the Hawker Hurricane Mk I with its eight Browning .303 machine guns, the similarly armored Supermarine Spitfire Mark I, plane of choice in the Battle of Britain, or the Supermarine Spitfire IX with its two 20-mm Hispano cannons and four .50 Browning machine guns.<br><br>Fly for the Luftwaffe and your choices include the Messerschmitt Bf 109E ("Emil"), counterpart to the British Spitfire Mark I, with its powerful armament of two 20-mm MG FF cannons, two 7.9-mm MG 17 machine guns and racks for either one 550-lb or four 110-lb bombs. Also available are the Messerschmitt Bf 109G ("Gustav"), introduced in late 1942, and the Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8, which served as both fighter and bomber (similar to the 109G) and was the first fighter to offer a clear view canopy<br><br>The Republic P-47D Thunderbolt (a.k.a. the "Jug") is one of two USAAF airplanes provided in the game. Early configurations of its weaponry featured six or eight .50 Browning machine guns and one 500-lb bomb, while later loadouts included the same guns as well as a choice between two 1000-lb or three 500-lb bombs, or ten 5-in rockets. The second plane available for USAAF pilots is the North American P-51D Mustang (designed by a German and initially built for Britain!), arguably the best fighter plane in the skies over World War II Europe.<br><br>Also featured in the game are eleven (seven Luftwaffe and four Allied) computer-controlled aircraft, configurable weather conditions, support for 3D acceleration cards, adjustable skill levels ranging from novice to ace, and a fact-filled manual that includes biographies, gameplay instructions, aircraft histories, mission and campaign details and more. You can also import scenery from the Microsoft Flight Simulator (imagine flying your Mustang through the skies over Las Vegas!) to complement landscapes and war-torn cities (Berlin, Paris and London) already included with the game. Multiplayer action for up to eight
- GameMicrosoft Combat Flight Simulator: WWII Europe Series
- ESRB RatingE - Everyone
- ESRB DescriptorAnimated Violence
- Control ElementsFlight Yoke,Gamepad/Joystick,Keyboard,Mouse
- Number of Players1-8
- Release Year1998
- Game Special Features<li>Pilot one of eight authentic World War II aircraft<br/><br/><li>Embark on a historical campaign or fly specific combat missions<br/><br/><li>Cooperative and competitive online support for up to eight players<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesMicrosoft Combat Flight Simulator Series
Most relevant reviews
- bambam317243May 02, 2016by
CFS works well on my older computer. thanks
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- trebleda8840Jan 19, 2008by
Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator WWII Series
I allready own one of these and a young friend of mine loves it ,as do I. It is very real, easy to install and get started right away. So, I bought another game for the young friend. This game feels so real that I found myself actually worried about crashing the planes. Had to keep reminding myself , It's JUST a game! The only negative, you could find yourself wasting many hours with it. Would love to see how real it plays on a large screen.
- john_philipOct 21, 2007by
ww II combat flight simulator
Easy to install;easy to use,especially with a joy stick. A bit challenging at first;it take some practice to be successful with the various manuvers and mission senerios. On balanced,fun!
- jrg.361Aug 25, 2010by
Microsoft Flight Simulator:Europe Series
This is an Arcade game for children. The word simulator is decieving. I've played many simulators, this is one of the worst. The game had a decent rating, and is a Microsoft product. The people that rated this game are probably the ones that play Fantasy,dragons,fairies,and trolls with super powers. What a waste of mb's.
- texankiddFeb 18, 2010by
great product and the only thing i couldnt do was use my saitec pro joystick with the product if you have any way that i can i would be gratefull in finding out,other than hat it was realistic and fun.