All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 ring light / macro ring flash provides shadow-free illumination, so that you can capture close objects with clarity. Position this Metz camera flash directly between the camera lens and the subject to evenly illuminate the subject, which is necessary for close-up, medical, scientific, and hobby photography. The Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 can be used with different lenses, as it comes with adapter rings with 52 mm, 55 mm, and 58 mm diameters. Powered by two AAA batteries, this ring light / macro ring flash can be used for a long period of time. This Metz camera flash makes a great addition to your camera kit.
- Model15 MS-1
- Guide Number100 ft/ISO 100
- Lens Coverage50mm
- Supported Exposure ControlE-TTL,E-TTL II,I-TTL,P-TTL
- Compatible BrandCanon/Nikon/Olympus/Pentax/Sony,For Canon,For Nikon,For Olympus,For Pentax,For Sony
- Additional FeaturesFirmware update via USB,Ratio control,Slave function
- Weight7 oz
Most relevant reviews
- terao2012May 11, 2016by
Needs more power
I'm a big fan of Metz flashes, so I decided to buy this ring flash. It's well constructed, but it took a little time to get used to the menu system. The output is rather weak even for close-up photography.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- edcburas2010Nov 19, 2014by
Metz Macro Flash--best compact design.
The most convenient and precise macro flash I have found. Although I use the M.Zuiko 60mm micro four thirds macro lens on an OM-D E-M1 body, the Metz flash is not awkward. Weight has been kept to a minimum using just two AAA batteries, and battery life is excellent. Adjusting the angle of the two flash tubes and setting the intensity of each one is very simple, even in the field. The flash is easy to attach and remove from the front of the lens. The Metz ring light truly "outshines" the LED lights, having a brighter, controlled light output. The only negative is the bulky IR clip that must be placed over the camera's flash to allow for cordless TTL exposure control. I eliminated the clip with a piece of plastic "black" 87C IR pass filter covering the front of the flash. If you wear a cap the clip will get in your way. Also, you likely will lose the clip if you do not lasso it to the camera in some way. Read full review
- jamarimuttJan 07, 2015by
An excellent flash for macrophotography.
This is a great flash for macrophotography. The two small flashes on each side deliver a lighting which is less "flat" than that produced by a ring flash. The power for each flash can be controlled independently. Power is adequate and the life of the batteries is excellent. Construction is high-quality, as should be expected at this price point. I highly recommend it.
Best Selling in Flashes
Save on Flashes
- $415.57Trending at $448.00
- $70.00Trending at $73.15
- $52.69Trending at $69.99
- $85.50Trending at $88.00
- $211.99Trending at $321.97
- $139.00Trending at $169.00