Best Selling in Amplifiers & Preamps
Save on Amplifiers & Preamps
- $1,975.00Trending at $2,037.24
- $2,900.00Trending at $3,250.00
- $1,925.00Trending at $2,499.95
- $1,750.00Trending at $1,899.00
- $129.21Trending at $139.76
- $112.98Trending at $123.94
- $629.95Trending at $639.95
About this product
- Product InformationThe McIntosh Mc2505 Amplifier is a vintage amplifier that was first manufactured by the company in 1967. This McIntosh amplifier was the company’s first product to use solid state devices. The McIntosh Mc2505 Amplifier, though a solid state device product, has been designed to sound like a vacuum tube amplifier. This vintage amplifier is still sought after by audiophiles and music enthusiasts, largely because it follows the McIntosh tradition of low harmonic distortion. This McIntosh 4-channel amplifier has a total harmonic distortion of a mere 0.25% (@ the rated power output). Further, this McIntosh amplifier was the first amplifier to provide matching output for 4, 8, and 16 ohms.
- Number Of Channels2
Most relevant reviews
- mrfixit970Feb 10, 2017by
This was the flagship of the McIntosh revolution. Even though the power is low, the musical warmth of the hand built super quality amp that has stood the test of time, is magical. For a vintage amp, this unit is a keeper. Biggest down side, if the front glass gets damaged, you have a six month wait from McIntosh for a replacement.
Verified purchase: Yes