Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $149.99Free shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by rafacus
- Est. delivery by Apr 29
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $37.00+ Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by theidave
- See details for delivery est.
- $11.99+ $3.70 Shipping
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by darkestknight2011
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationMass Effect 2 is a role-playing game with an outer space, science fiction setting and action-oriented, third-person shooter play. The game is released as the second in a planned trilogy from BioWare, designed for Xbox 360 and Windows-based home computers. Players resume the role of Commander Shepard, the customizable protagonist of the first game, choosing the hero's gender, appearance, skills, and abilities to match personal preferences and playing styles. Combat is squad-based, as in the original game, and players may choose their teammates from a roster of stealthy assassins, superhumanly strong warriors, and brilliant masters of mystical powers. The game's main quest is seen as a suicide mission, so assembling a team that is not only able but also willing to follow Shepard into the dangerous unknown of deep space remains a role-playing challenge throughout the adventure.<br><br>Mass Effect 2's continuing story involves the appearance of a race of insect-like humanoids, which seems to have been abducting entire colonies of humans from the fringes of known space. To investigate this new threat, Shepard works in league with the ruthless Cerberus organization, a powerful and secretive group whose only morality is the survival of the human species, at any cost. Although anyone is free to create a new character and make a fresh start in the game, players who completed the original Mass Effect may use save files to continue their adventures in the sequel, using the same customized version of the hero they led through the first game. Similarly, the outcome of the final mission of Mass Effect 2 may influence players' options as they begin the final game in the trilogy, whether Shepard remains to lead another mission against all odds, or is remembered as a brave warrior who made the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of all humanity.<br><br>Along with the full game and documentation, the Mass Effect 2: Collector's Edition ships in a metallic case and includes a hardcover book of game art, a copy of the first issue of the Mass Effect Redemption comic from Dark Horse, and a DVD documentary of the development of the game, as well as exclusive access to an in-game weapon and armor that can give Shepard slightly different stats and abilities.
- PublisherElectronic Arts
- GameMass Effect 2 -- Collector's Edition
- PlatformMicrosoft Xbox 360
- ESRB RatingM - Mature
- Game EditionCollector's Edition
- ESRB DescriptorBlood, Drug Reference, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Violence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year2010
- Game Special Features<li>Commander Shepard's adventures continue in dark sequel<br/><br/><li>Travel to the fringes of known space to face a new alien threat<br/><br/><li>Gritty adventure tests the hero's morality as well as battle skills<br/><br/><li>Player's actions and words steer the story and determine the outcome<br/><br/><li>Second installment in an epic deep-space trilogy from BioWare<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesMass Effect Series
Most relevant reviews
- 1041342939@dele...Jan 26, 2011by
Mass Effect 2's Ultimate Bundle
I personally love diving into all the extras that come with a favorite game, which the Mass Effect series is a high mark to compare others to. With the collector's edition, I recieved a nice compilation of pre and post release documentaries about the development of the game. The biggest reason I purchased the collector's edition was to recieve the collector's armor and rifle, but I'd say that the extras were more gratifying than I'd anticipated. As a hardcore gamer, it was true delight seeing my favorite game encased in a metal case, and I immediately put my old disc away to use my new ones. The only thing about it that I dislike is the case is painted with thin skinned pigments, meaning that the slightest scratch shows up as a bright silver streak across the black background of the box's paint job. Overall, a hefty investment that the average player of the game would likely dismiss as excessive, the collector's edition of Mass Effect 2 is a definite treasure to any lovers of the series. Read full review
- 8thvisionFeb 11, 2011by
One of the Best (All Time)
Like the 1st Mass Effect This was a groundbrakeing RPG The story and gameplay were near perfectly fused, It brought elements many have been dreaming about since the days of FFvii/FFViii and Golden Eye/Perfect Dark Just like the first It touched on a somewhat unexplored genre, since our Metroid years we have all been ready to kick some,.. in space, Halo brought it home for the masses, but didnt deliver completely or enough, dead space brought us even closer only lacked much freedom, however, the Mass effect series hit almost all aspects of our sci-fi space hungry fingers, lacking only interacive ship to ship combat. The most notable quality this game has beaten was its Seemless intergration from the first series, regaurdless of your choices the game lacked the much anticipated game to game story bugs. Given the possibilities in just the first and second game and the vast gameplay difference between them, the replay value is astronomically high. Read full review
- mariio128Jan 25, 2010by
Fascinating and hugely enjoyable experience!
Mass Effect 2's greatest strength once again falls upon the beauty of its universe and the carefully interwoven character dramas underpinning the action. It's a fascinating and hugely enjoyable experience that serves not only as a reminder of how wide the valley between a 'great and an 'excellent' game actually is, but why BioWare is still one of the most vital and important developers out there today. Games like Mass Effect 2 don't come around often enough. Look at any aspect and you can be sure it's great. It's incredibly personal while still retaining a sense of epic sweeping scale. The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition. Perhaps most impressively, Mass Effect 2 manages to fulfill its incredible ambition while only suffering from very few technical hiccups. The only real caveat I should mention is that some of the revelations and plot twists won't be quite as powerful if you haven't played Mass Effect 1, but that isn't any reason to skip this fantastic videogame. 10 Presentation Clean and sophisticated. Brilliant and cinematic. 9.5 Graphics Exceptional artistic direction and a top notch-technical showcase. 10 Sound Martin Sheen steals the show, even amidst all of the outstanding voice acting and music. 9.5 Gameplay Tight mechanics, thrilling combat, and deep role-playing. The design is unparalleled. 10 Lasting Appeal A remarkable achievement in adapting a story to your decisions. It creates amazing replay value. 9.6 Incredible Full Review by IGN http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062898p1.html Reported by eBay Platinum Powerseller eBay ID:mariio128 eBay Store:Mariio128 Gamemate This game is available for sale in my ebay store: http://mariio128.com http://stores.ebay.com/Mariio128-Gamemate Read full review
- physlisMar 01, 2010by
Great game and strategy guide. Highly Recommended.
This game is a continuation of the first Mass Effect, which I enjoyed playing. It takes place two years after the first but choices made in the first game determine events in this one. I purchased this after finding out that there was not only a collector's edition of the game but of the strategy guide as well. Whenever I reserve/purchase a game I know I'll like, I always go for the top-editions (and they're always worth it). Unfortunately there was a very small window that retailers were informed that there would be a C.E. of this game so I didn't have the chance to reserve myself a copy. This bundle was a great buy for the simple fact that I was able to aquire not only the C.E. of the game but of the guide as well (which I didn't even know existed).
- fablesamuraiAug 11, 2011by
Amazing game, great all around.
Mass Effect 2 is hands down the best science fiction shooter/rpg ever. The only other game that comes close to it in quality of story, game play and simple fun is its predecessor Mass Effect. I first bought the game the day it came out, and I played for the better part of five hours straight. I bought a new LCD tv simply to play this game in HD. It was and is worth every penny. The DLC they released for it is all good, the apex being the Lair of the Shadow Broker, which is a phenomenal addition to the game. When Mass Effect 3 comes out in March 2012, it will be the ending to one of the greatest series ever.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $53.99Trending at $56.99
- $34.99Trending at $38.78
- $22.95Trending at $28.86
- $20.42Trending at $22.49
- $55.00Trending at $59.99
- $39.99Trending at $45.00
- $34.99Trending at $48.99