Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $250.00+ $19.50 Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by emduffy
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Video Game Consoles
Video Game Memory Cards & Expansion Packs
About this product
- Product InformationThey've already made tracks in go-karts, earned stars in board games, and knocked each other senseless from brawling. So what's left for Mario and his buddies to do? How about dusting off the clubs and hitting the links! That's right, Nintendo's famous plumber returns to the fairways in the aptly titled Mario Golf. The game features six courses set within the world of Mario, from the haunted Boo Valley to the serene Toad Forest, and includes ten play modes. Fourteen golfers are available to play as or against, each with individual ratings in power and swing tendency. Some naturally hit straight, some fade balls to the right, and others draw shots to the left.<br><br>Tournament mode is an 18-hole contest against 29 computer-controlled players, while "Get Character" mode is a one-on-one showdown to unlock a character for future play. Ring Shot has your character trying to achieve par or better while knocking the ball through floating rings, and Speed Golf involves trying to hole out in record time. Match Game, Skins Match, and Club Slots are similar formats with a few differences. In a Match Game, you are awarded a point for every hole won. Skins Match replaces points with skins, which carry over to the next hole should players tie. Club Slots is like the Skins Match with one small twist: the clubs you are permitted to use are determined by a slot machine.<br><br>Developed by the team behind the PlayStation's Hot Shots Golf, Mario Golf's interface consists of a horizontal swing meter designed to simplify things for novices. Pressing the A button will start the meter, which will begin moving steadily from right to left. Once it reaches the desired power setting, pressing the button again begins the downswing. A third and final button press determines the accuracy of your shot. In addition, the game lets players set the point of impact for spin and also features variable wind and weather conditions to influence play. Gamers who also purchase Mario Golf on Game Boy Color (released in the fall of 1999) will be able to create their own characters from scratch, raise their skill levels, and import them to the Nintendo 64 version.
- PublisherNintendo of America, Inc.
- GameMario Golf
- PlatformNintendo 64
- ESRB RatingE - Everyone
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-4
- Release Year1999
- Game Special Features<li>Play as or against Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, and more<br/><br/><li>Includes ten play modes on a choice of six Mario-themed courses<br/><br/><li>Alternate turns with up to three friends<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesMario Golf Series
Most relevant reviews
- ianwalrusJun 08, 2015by
Best golf game ever made.
This is THE BEST golf game ever made. Bar none. Period. Full stop. ... okay you get the idea. This is an excellently balanced game. Great courses with different hole placement each time you play. Characters that vary widely in their abilities and the skill it takes to play them. Simple enough for first timers to pick up immediately, with just enough nuance that the expert or two of the group might need to be handicapped (a feature the game employs). But at the end of the day, this game is just pure fun. By your self, or with 3 of your friends, its a good time.
- nmcadamFeb 23, 2016by
Quick shipment! Very happy with the game. Thank you.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- parkerman23Oct 23, 2015by
LOTS OF FUN!!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- 963008712@delet...Jul 04, 2012by
Simple, yet challenging, Mario Golf is the definition of well rounded.
This is one of the best golfing games of all time, IMO. It seems so basic and elementary, but when you look a bit harder, it has many elements of the Tiger Woods EA series (in basic forms). Easy enough to pick up and play, but not so easily mastered; a fantastic game for any golf enthusiast.
- xcamaroxz28Aug 30, 2011by
I couldn't put it down once I picked it up. You would think that such a kiddie looking game would be a snap to play, dominate and finish. It was a lesson in humility once I saw that MG had some golfing challenges that would get under the skin of the coolest, most collected gamers. I still have a problem with the way the game looks, but there's really nothing that can be done about that as long as it's going to be a game based in universe of Nintendo's mascot character. The dichotomy of the game's look versus the way it plays may not matter this deep in to the N64's run since we were able to get over it with games like Mario Kart. Mario Golf is fun, plain and simple.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $13.99Trending at $24.90
- $17.95Trending at $19.98
- $22.95Trending at $23.77
- $29.99Trending at $49.99
- $17.50Trending at $18.58
- $19.99Trending at $22.99
- $10.82Trending at $12.28