CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best Selling in Manuals & Resources
About this product
- DescriptionHelps students to teach the economic way of thinking about business decision and strategy. This title provides students with a logical way of analysing both the routine decisions of managing the daily operations of a business as well as the longer-run strategic plans that seek to manipulate the actions and reactions of rival firms.
- Author BiographyCurrently associate professor of economics at University of South Florida. He worked for two years as an energy economist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory before joining the faculty at USF in 1982. He now teaches managerial economics at the undergraduate level and in two executive training programs, a traditional Executive MBA program and an Executive MBA program for physicians that draws doctors nationwide. Professor Thomas has published numerous articles on government regulation of industry and antitrust issues in Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Law and Economics, Southern Economic Journal, Journal of Economics and Business, Quarterly Review of Economics and Business, and Journal of Economic Education. He serves as a policy associate at the Center for Economic Policy Analysis at University of South Florida. Professor Thomas lives with his wife and daughter in Tampa, Florida, where he enjoys playing tennis. Professor Emeritus of Economics at Texas A&M University. He spent 30 years in the Department of Economics at Texas A&M, where he served as Department Head from 1977 through 1981, and held the Rex B. Grey University Professorship of Free Enterprise from 1981 through 1985. Professor Maurice published numerous articles on microeconomic theory in the top economic journals. He co-wrote two scholarly books on natural resource depletion: The Doomsday Myth and The Economics of Mineral Extraction. He also wrote with Charles Ferguson, and later Owen Phillips, the widely used intermediate level microeconomics textbook Economic Analysis, which was published from 1971 to 1996. Professor Maurice retired to Gainesville, Florida, where he lived until his death in the Spring of 1999.
- Author(s)Christopher R. Thomas,S. Charles Maurice
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- GenreEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date02/02/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1388 g
- Width210 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.