More items related to this product
Best Selling in DVD & Blu-ray Players
Save on DVD & Blu-ray Players
- $37.60Trending at $41.50
- $7.69Trending at $7.99
- $62.41Trending at $67.73
- $31.52Trending at $33.72
- $10.99Trending at $19.99
- $11.99Trending at $13.88
- $9.87Trending at $14.48
About this product
- Product InformationFor vibrant and crystal clear image quality, the Magnavox Mdr513h player has HDMI 1080p upscaling mechanism. For superior level of performance in images, this Magnavox HDD & DVD recorder features the progressive scan technology. While recording your favorite program, you can forward, rewind or pause live TV in this Magnavox player. To give you maximum flexibility for recording, the Magnavox Mdr513h player has a 4-way dubbing mechanism. Store your favorite programs in the 320GB hard drive of this Magnavox HDD & DVD recorder. You can view your digital camera pictures as this Magnavox player supports MP3 and JPEG formats.
- DVD TypeDVD Recorder / HDD Recorder
- Built-In Combo FeaturesDVR/Hard Drive Recorder
- Number Of Discs1
- Playable Disc FormatsCD,CD-R,CD-RW,DVD,DVD+R,DVD+RW,DVD+VR,DVD-R,DVD-RW
- FeaturesParental Lock,Progressive Scan
- Playable File FormatsJPEG
- Progressive ScanWith Progressive Scan
- Video Output SystemNTSC
- Video Upconversion1080p (HDTV)
- Video DAC10 bit / 108 MHz
- Surround SoundBuilt-In Dolby Digital Decoder,Virtual Surround
- InputsAnalog Audio x 1,Composite x 1,RF (TV) x 1,S-Video x 1,S-Video x 2
- OutputsComponent x 1,Composite x 1,Digital Audio Coaxial RCA,HDMI,S-Video,Stereo Audio L/R RCA
- Remote ControlStandard
- On Screen DisplayYes
- Parental ControlYes
- Recordable Disc FormatsDVD+RW,DVD-R,HDD
- Recording FormatsDVD + VR
- VCR Video heads4
- Hard Drive Capacity320 GB
- Weight7.5 lb.
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- 68565443@delete...Jun 05, 2012by
The best bang for the buck.
After the purchase of my first one in Sept. 2011,I didn't truly appreciate it till I returned home in March, after our usual 3 month stint at our AZ home. I was happy my neighbor didn't have to come by weekly to change out the RW discs in the other recorders that became so unreliable. Purchased this 2Nd unit to record while we are away this coming season, an will take the other unit to the AZ home for viewing. The generous size of the hard drive to hold all the programming needed is really appreciated as much as the ease of operation for the entire unit. The escalation in price for this model, new or refurbished since last Sept. indicates how popular it has become. My only hope now is that they will operate well far into the future.
- allovescrusingOct 04, 2011by
Magnavox MDR513 a very good value and solid performer
Seven years ago the marketplace was filled with all the major brands of HDD/DVD recorders from all the major manufacturers. Since then my seven year old machine is wearing out and I needed a replacement. Today, there are only about three brands left, two of which are really the same machine under different names, Magnavox & Phillips. The other is a COBY and I have never found any product under that name that was good for anything but a paperweight. My choices were simplified. I chose a Magnavox to replace my beloved full featured rock solid Sony (and crossed my fingers). I have been pleasantly surprised by this machine's overall performance. I have really put this machine under enormous pressure recording and editing almost constantly for the past month. It's been a survivor and the quality of the picture and how it performs these tasks is more then acceptable. There are a few kinks that future buyers should be aware of. Dubbing from discs to hard drive does not function the way it's described in the manual. This is not a flaw in this one machine but rather a mistake made when the software for the machine was created. I do dub from disc to HD but using the instant dub button for one title ONLY at a time. That does work so it's not a major issue. Adding custom titles is awkward but doable. Lastly, the machine demands that you hit the stop button before you can do almost anything else. Very strange but still doable. Overall, considering what is left available in the marketplace, this is still a very good value and seems to be a well functioning machine and worth your purchase. In conclusion, I felt strongly enough about this product, that I purchased a second machine. **One suggestion: DON'T BUY REFURB MACHINES. I tried that years ago and the repair shops warned me never to do that again. They were right! Read full review
- ccmrry33Jul 03, 2011by
I had this one but returned it for the newer 500 GB one (515), which has some improved features, especially the better remote. I love it. I bought it for time shifting. Very convenient and easier to use than my Toshiba. But these are priced way too high. The 513 refurb sells for $170 and the 515 for $220. You can buy a new one for less than the refurb here. If you buy this at the right price it is the best value in DVR's with hard drive. In fact, it really is your only choice now as Magnavox is the only mfr still making them. Some of the used Toshibas are selling for more than these sell for new, and those Toshibas are going to fail. Mine failed after 6 years.
- jouellettDec 11, 2012by
It will do everything you want in recording your programs!
This is my second unit and the first is full. I had started to offload to DVDs, but it is a slow process. The units do a good job of recording, and editing is quite easy to do, during and after the recording. The units replaced the numerous VCRs I had used before and once I got used to this unit, I didn't miss the VCRs. If they are still available, I will probably buy another unit.
- hobart_cDec 03, 2011by
Great Product For You or As A Gift
The reason for me purchasing this machine is my older model went out after about 11 years. and the price they were asking for their machines were cheaper than it would cost to fix my old one. if there is a game or show you want to watch you can record it to the hard drive if you are unable to watch it at the time it comes on. after you watch it you can delete the program. or if you want to keep it for another veiwing you can edit the show by deleting the commercials and record it to a blank dvd disc. so it is a great machine with great capabilities. that even include the ability to place your home movies to a more permenant format on a dvd disc. so, you really can not go wrong with this machine. i know i truly enjoy it.