More items related to this product
Best Selling in Graphics/Video Cards
Save on Graphics/Video Cards
- $681.14Trending at $753.66
- $329.00Trending at $365.00
- $179.95Trending at $210.96
- $285.00Trending at $294.82
- $189.99Trending at $200.00
- $548.01Trending at $562.45
- $43.28Trending at $64.98
About this product
- DescriptionMSI graphics card products utilities high quality solid capacitor. For the gamers and high-end users, this feature not only means that product has better quality components within, but also provide much stronger support while users want to engage in hard-core tuning.MSI graphics cards offer the HDMI functionality to provide access to premium digital content. HDMI enables gaming enthusiasts to seamlessly connect to their LCD monitor to bring the ultimate multimedia experience.
- Product LineMSI
- ModelR6950 Twin Frozr II/OC
- MPNR6950 TWIN FROZR II/OC
- TypeGraphics adapter
- Enclosure TypePlug-in card
- InterfacePCI Express x16
- Graphics ProcessorAMD Radeon HD 6950
- Clock Speed800MHz
- RAMDAC Clock Speed400 MHz
- API SupportedDirectX 11,OpenGL 4.0
- Memory Size2GB / 2GB (max)
- Max Resolution1920 x 1200
- Max Monitors Supported4
- HDCP compatibleYes
- Graphics Processor ManufacturerAMD
- Graphics Processor Data Width256-bit
- Memory TechnologyGDDR5 SDRAM
Expansion / Connectivity
- Compatible Slots1 x PCI Express 2.1 x16
- Connectivity InterfacesDVI-I (dual link) x 1,VGA - 15 pin D-Sub x 1
- Digital Video StandardDigital Visual Interface (DVI),DisplayPort,High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- Multiple Monitors SupportYes
- Input TypeNone
Software / System Requirements
- Windows CertificationCompatible with Windows 7
Most relevant reviews
- starcruiser322Nov 19, 2012by
Excellent Card For Performance Gaming on a Budget
This is a great budget card. It is a model from 2011, so it supports all of the latest software. The card, at 98% load for 3 hours, holds a steady temperature around 65 degrees Celsius (~145 F), well below temperature warning levels and relatively cool for a card of this power. This card will easily play any 1080p movie or game. One disadvantage that this card has when compared to a similar product, the nVidia geforce 570, is somewhat lower actual game performance, though statistically the R6950 card is superior and both cards perform over 50 FPS with graphic-intensive games on highest detail settings. This shortcoming is countered by the included MSI Afterburner software, which can increase the clock rate to 940 MHz from 800 MHz, among other overclock settings and utilities. In Summary: What I Like: 2011 Model, Good Price, Included Software, Able to Do Latest Games on Extreme Settings. What I Dislike: AMD Cards Tend to Have Lower Overall Actual Performance, but Overclock Easily. Read full review
- klot-janMar 28, 2013by
For the price I paid for a used card I got a lot of performance, I think.
I bought this graphics card because I needed a replacement for my elderly nvidia 8800 gtx's. It is a strong performer, in my opinion, and at the same time it runs cooler by some twenty centigrades compared with the nvidia 8800. This card can be unlocked by manipulating the firmware to get the perfomance of the HD 6970 which in turn carried some weight when I decided to buy this card. Would I buy another of these cards? Well, in fact I have! In my computer now sits two of these little monsters, merrily folding away for Stanford University's distributed computing project.
- jkoza1062Jul 30, 2013by
great product great company
great part of the radeon 6950 series. twin frozen really keeps the card cool when playing intense gpu games like BF3 and crysis. also this card is slightly faster than the original 6950 and almost matches the 6970. this is the first msi card i bought and i highly recommend them or XFX when buying radeon!!
- fedexspedJul 17, 2015by
Great card to compete with newer high dollar cards.
Great card to crossfire. This card is made to be upgraded to a r6970 just with a bios update provided by MSI. I was debating u grading to newer ATI card but these cross fired run just as good.
- 5724margaretApr 16, 2012by
BEST BANG FOR BUCK
This card is an absolutely amazing card for the price. Stays incredibly cool and will definitely purchase more than one.