About this product
- DescriptionMichael McIntyre has become Britain's biggest comedy star. This title reveals his showbiz roots, his appalling attempts to attract the opposite sex, his fish-out-of-water move from public to state school and his astonishing journey from selling just one ticket at the Edinburgh Festival to selling half a million tickets on his last tour.
- Author BiographyMichael McIntyre is a stand-up comedian who in 2009 sold out a record six nights at Wembley Arena and four nights at London's O2. He was born in South London in 1976. His parents were both in show business. His Hungarian mother was a dancer and his Canadian father co-wrote The Kenny Everett Television Show. He lives in North London with his wife Kitty and their sons Lucas and Oscar. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Michael McIntyre
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- GenreAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael Joseph Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/12/2011
- Weight600 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
Most relevant reviews
- soupmannlalaMar 11, 2011by
Michael McIntyre 'Life and laughing'. K. Gillan, Ashby
I was so fed up of hinting at christmas for this book! I purchased it for myself. Boy, I am so glad i did! I have seen Michael McIntyre live (heavily pregnant) I laughed so hard I did think I was going to give birth early. 'Life and Laughing' has mirrored his live performance... I found myself laughing out loud. This book can only leave you smiling. He has this fantastic skill of being so normal. He writes about his appalling attempts to attract the opposite sex, his showbiz roots, and his move from public to state school. Michael's autobiography is easy to relate to his wit has left me as a devoted fan and I'm now currently in search of his next tour AND the next book! Pure giggles. A must buy!!! A great Easter present!!!
- lostgarden08Feb 11, 2012by
Best funny read for a long time.
Started to read this book on my Ipad and decided it was definitely one for the bookshelf. I have not finished the book yet, but, so far it is funny and had me in stitches. I am a Michael McIntyre fan and this book does not disappoint. It reads as if it he were on stage in front of you and I can picture him and hear him through his writing. I can find nothing to dislike,I am thoroughly enjoying the book and I eagerly await his next one.
- 13sammycFeb 05, 2012by
i found it easy to read , i actually laughed out loud whilst reading it. i could actually hear him saying the words that i was reading. very interesting book havent read many autobiographies so this was a brilliant introduction to them if you like michael then you will love this book
- c067982639ffd62...Dec 04, 2012by
a truelly funny book brought to life by michael
ive always liked reading autobiographys and this book was a brilliant read. i couldnt put it down. this book made me laugh at what he wrote about his life the characters was brought to life ... his grandma and his love life truelly funny and his rise to fame brilliant
- claireb1992Oct 03, 2011by
Brilliant read, excellent value!
I just love watching Michael McIntyre on the TV and was really interested in his book. I started reading the book on the train journey into work and just couldn't help but laugh out loud, since then I have been unable to put it down.