All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationFashion-forward users will love The Venus by LG, exclusively available from Verizon Wireless. This fashion statement has dual front screens - the lower screen features touch-sensitive navigation. The slim, stylish slider features a dedicated music key for easy access to music. The player supports .mp3, .wma and unprotected .aac file playback, plus Bluetooth stereo so users won't need to clutter their cutting-edge look with headset or stereo wires. In addition to the sharp dual screens, The Venus by LG also features expandable memory with microSD cards, currently up to 8 GB, and 2.0-megapixel camera with landscape rendering and zoom/review adjustments.
- Family LineLG Venus
- TypeCellular Phone
- Storage Capacity64MB
- Network Generation2G
- Network TechnologyCDMA
- BandCDMA 800/1900
- Camera Resolution2.0MP
- Supported Flash Memory CardsMicroSD
- Battery Capacity800 mAh
- Display TechnologyLCD display
- Display Resolution320 x 240
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Internet BrowserYes
Most relevant reviews
- ce54c94e34c43f8...Sep 15, 2011by
Pros: Great screen resolution, feel, camera, features and UI Cons: Lower battery life and finger print magnet Summary: The LG Venus (VX8800) is an incredibly stylish yet capable phone. Some of the more impressive features include: a 2.0 megapixel camera, touch screen with haptic feedback, clean UI system (tons better than Verizon's redundant red theme design), a MP3 only mode for those boring flights, support for microSD high capacity flash memory and other now standard features with new Verizon phones. Of course, with all this cool stuff, the phone has to look the part too. LG's new toy takes an obvious cue from Apple's own iPhone with a slick black paint job and silver trim. The sliding function works elegantly and the phone sits very nicely in the hand; so much so that I'd have to say it has one of the best grips I've ever felt on a phone. The dual screens are also a nice touch (pun intended) and from the minute you turn it on, the phone begins utilizing both screens (with a Verizon logo of course). Though, I think the most important feature to note is the bottom screen and its capabilities. The touch screen works wonderfully and LG has put a lot of effort into making sure the consumer knows that they're pressing a button. This is done with a vibration for each button press. The screen is surprisingly responsive and very easy to get used to; it's a massive step above the clunky Chocolate touch pad. Even with all these great features I have, unfortunately, some small gripes with this magnificent phone. The touch pad is great but it would have been nice to include a virtual numeric keypad so that if I wanted to keep my phone closed, I could. The rear of the phone, on the camera side, is a bit dull looking and lacks a stylish design ala the Voyager. The battery life is a bit low at four hours talk time where most phones have an average of seven hours. Last but not least, I would have loved to have seen the phone be a Voyager mini with a full touch screen on the front and the keypad used only when I feel like it. Even with these small problems, the LG Venus is a solid slider phone and blows me away with its incredibly appealing design. It is well worthy of a 9/10 from me Read full review
- 10scooter55Mar 14, 2014by
Great Phone, Great Price & Nice Color.
Received in good time & the Phone was New when I got it. The only thing I don"t like is the key board. It's not a lettered key board for texting, it's numbered. So it takes longer to text. But for the price it's nice, until I buy another phone.
- gdow8516Aug 30, 2016by
It works well and as advertised; reasonable price and a company that stands behind their sales,
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- allisongrizzlyOct 07, 2011by
It does what it says it will...how many things can you say that about anymo
So, it's still a stupid phone (ie not a smart phone) but overall it works. I mean, it's kind of confusing when you first get it, you have to get used to the fact that only the bottom half of screen is touch (also it's pressure not electro touch) but the buttons are a good size and it's fun to use.
- bev43430Oct 06, 2011by
Perfect size and easy to use.
I love this phone, is very easy to use, takes better pictures then most other cell phones I have had or seen others use. Next best thing to a smart phone without being one. I like it's size and being very slim, makes it easy to handle and carry. Had an LG flip phone before, but like this one much better with the slide. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a simple phone and one that is easy to use.
Best Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Save on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $154.99Trending at $159.99
- $219.99Trending at $249.95
- $149.99Trending at $155.00
- $309.95Trending at $319.95
- $186.00Trending at $189.95
- $149.95Trending at $159.97
- $204.99Trending at $259.75