All listings for this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,210.96Trending at $2,796.00
- $594.00Trending at $696.95
- $1,207.93Trending at $1,399.00
- $5,349.99Trending at $6,496.95
- $5,189.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $1,694.85Trending at $1,799.99
- $2,389.00Trending at $2,698.00
About this product
- Product InformationIf you're going out on the town, then let the world know it. That's why the Kodak EASYSHARE camera / M583 is an absolute necessity. Don't let its ultra-sleek dimensions fool you. Capture your entire entourage or zoom in on your favorite detail. Or switch over seamlessly to video and record your dance moves in stunning HD. Then, press Kodak's share button to e-mail to friends. The perfect fit for living large. Just press to impress.
- Product Features<ul><li><strong>Share your world big and bright with 14-megapixel</strong><br />14-megapixel means you can make stunning prints up to 76 x 102 cm. More megapixels mean you can crop and enlarge and still have great picture quality.</li><li><strong>Plenty of room for all your friends</strong><br />8x wide optical zoom brings even far away details into crisp focus and the 28 mm wide-angle lens gets the whole crew in.</li><li><strong>Blur reduction</strong><br />Reduce blur caused by subject movement or fast-action situations to deliver clearer, sharper pictures.</li><li><strong>7.6 cm bright LCD</strong><br />It relives moments and views pictures with brilliance and clarity. The brighter, more vibrant details thanks to Kodak color science.</li><li><strong>Shoot video with ease</strong><br />Convenient, dedicated video record button captures 720p HD video, review and edit videos right on the camera.</li><li><strong>Creative modes and artistic effects</strong><br />Get great shots time after time with multiple scene and color modes, including auto, sport, portrait, snow, fireworks, and backlight.</li><li><strong>Post-capture effects</strong><br />Make your pictures even more personal with effects such as spot color, photo captions, borders and tints, and photo booth mode.</li><li><strong>Picture-enhancing and editing features</strong><br />Achieve your perfect shot with on-camera features such as cropping, undo-delete, picture rotation, and self-timer.</li><li><strong>Kodak's smart capture feature</strong><br />Choose the camera that does the thinking for you. Kodak's smart capture feature automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings for a great picture in just about any environment.</li><li><strong>Kodak's face recognition feature</strong><br />You can find, organize, and share your pictures easily. Camera automatically recognizes up to 20 pre-tagged faces, so you can easily locate and share them later.</li></ul>
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom8x
- Digital Zoom5x
- Sensor Resolution14.0MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 224mm
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAuto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash Off,Red-eye Reduction Flash
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size64MB
- Supported Flash MemoryBuilt-in,Micro SDHC,microSD Card,microSDHC Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone,Without Viewfinder
- Depth1 in.
- Height2 in.
- Width4 in.
- Weight5.28 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x Hi-Speed USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x microSD
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.4 or later,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP2,Microsoft Windows 7,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatHD (High Definition),MPEG-4
- Still Image FormatEXIF 2.21,JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional Features720p HD Movie Recording,Audio Recording,Automatic Face Tracking,Built-In Speaker,Cropping An Image,Digital Image Rotation,Edit Function,Face Detection,Image Stabilization,Not Interchangeable Lenses,Scene Detection Technology,USB 2.0 Compatibility,USB Charging,With Tripod Mount,YouTube Capture Mode
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Special EffectsBasic Color,Black & White,Film Simulation,Full Color,Sepia,Vivid
- White BalanceDaylight / Sunny (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Exterior ColorRed
Most relevant reviews
- mycloset830May 20, 2017by
Kodak Easy Share Camera great value!
I LOVE this camera! Actually, the 3rd easy share I've had, and just absolutely worn them all out! For the money, can't be beat! Easy to operate! love it!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- hemlockplanterJul 10, 2012by
Excellent picture capture, impressive 8x zoom
This is actually a good little camera. But it is something I should not have bought because I was looking for a Kodak with a good video feature, and frankly, this is disappointing as a video recorder. But the pics are wonderful. I bought it new in box and probably paid too much for it, but I think if you're just looking for excellent pictures this certainly does the job with a wonderful 8x zoom. I'll be using it for pictures for sure. I offered it to my college bound son but he wanted something slimmer. This takes AA batteries so the body is bulkier. I don't mind that, but the younger people seem to like the slim cameras better. There's always a trade-off somewhere. To my knowledge, the slimmer Kodaks don't offer this much zoom.
- kric7975Jul 03, 2012by
Nice all-around camera choice!
This is a nice camera for the "weekend photographer". I bought this as an upgrade to my older Fuji Finepix. The Kodak does have a slower shutter speed compared to the Fuji, so keep this in mind if the shutter speed is an issue. I'm not crazy about the smaller sized memory cards, but that's technology for you (and the cards do have the larger adapters). The camera is easy to understand and has a great zoom & megapixels for its compact size. Although Kodak is out of the camera business, I still consider this to be a good, solid purchase.
- fritztvApr 11, 2012by
Good value for the money
Great camera, easy to use. Takes great photos and video. It is small enough to easily carry in pocket. I went to Disney right after purchase and took many pictures.. I have read where others said battery life was not good. I did not find this to be true.
- edzent90Feb 23, 2012by
Great results for a non commercial grade camera!
Needed a 'good quality' point and shoot and that's what I got. This camera outshines other makes in its class and takes excellent photos for what it is! I like that I can use smart capture or scene modes and achieve such great results for a non commercial grade camera. Cannot go wrong for the price. Note: My camera is Black, not Red.