CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionAn indispensable guide to the central concepts of leadership for professionals and students alike.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jonathan Gosling is Professor of Leadership at the Centre for Leadership Studies, University of Exeter, specializing in studying the leadership challenges of culturally diverse and boundary-spanning organizations. His work is published in journals such as Leadership, Harvard Business Review, Organization, Studies in Higher Education and Social Epistemology. His most recent book is Fictional Leaders: Heroes, Villains and Absent Friends, which also includes a chapter by Dr Jones. Professor Gosling, a graduate of the University of East Anglia, plays a significant role in the 'greening' of management education worldwide and is co-founder of the One Planet MBA at Exeter. He worked for many years as a community mediator and on other interventions inspired by psychodynamic perspectives on power and organizing. He is currently researching the leadership of malaria elimination programmes, of sustainable supply chains in China, and of professional organisations (universities, healthcare, accountancy and consultancy firms, etc.). He served as Distinguished Visiting Professor at INSEAD, France and similar roles in Canada, New Zealand and Sweden; is currently a Visiting Professor at Copenhagen Business School, a fellow of the International Management Academy, the Windsor Leadership Trust and of the Singapore Civil Service College. He is co-founder of Coachingourselves.com and is a sailor, spouse and parent. Dr Stephanie Jones is Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at Maastricht School of Management, having graduated with a PhD from University College London, and a Bachelor's degree (in History) from the London School of Economics. Dr Jones has authored over 25 full-length internationally-published books on business and management - three of them with Professor Jonathan Gosling. She teaches MBA students across the world, especially courses on leadership, culture and change. Her teaching locations include Kuwait, Egypt, Yemen, China, Vietnam, Peru, Surinam, Kazakhstan and several African countries. With a background managing businesses in recruitment, consulting, and training operations in China, India, the Middle East and Australia, Dr Jones gained extensive experience in the corporate sector before returning to academe a decade ago. She is still active in consulting and training. Dr Jones also supervises student theses, at Doctoral, Masters and Diploma level, assessing and evaluating theses around the world. Napoleonic Leadership: a study in power is her third book with Professor Gosling, the others being Nelson's Way and Key Concepts in Leadership.
- Author(s)Ian Sutherland,Prof. Jonathan Gosling,Stephanie Jones
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/08/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Key Concepts Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.