CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best Selling in Textbooks, Education
Save on Textbooks, Education
- $30.85Trending at $36.99
- $29.89Trending at $30.99
- $58.95Trending at $59.99
- $54.99Trending at $62.26
- $114.00Trending at $167.38
- $19.22Trending at $22.85
- $8.06Trending at $13.17
About this product
- DescriptionIntro Stats, Third Edition, continues and extends the successful invations pioneered in the DeVeaux/Velleman/Bock books, teaching statistics and statistical thinking for today's readers. This book uses a fun, conversational writing style, real data, and short, accessible chapters. The consistent Think/Show/Tell model for worked examples reinforces thinking about how to approach a statistics problem, showing how to solve it, and reporting the conclusion in the context of the problem.
- Author BiographyDick DeVeaux (Williams College) is an award-winning teacher and consultant to major corporations. His real-world experiences and anecdotes illustrate many of the chapters. Dick has taught business students at Wharton, engineering students at Princeton, and liberal arts students at Williams. Dick was recently named the 2008 Mosteller Statistician of the Year, awarded by the Boston chapter of the American Statistical Association for exceptional contributions to the field of statistics and outstanding service to the statistical community. To learn more, please go to: http://www.williams.edu/admin/news/releases/1624/. Paul Velleman (Cornell University) is the only statistician to win the EDUCAUSE award for innovating technology for learning. The developer of ActivStats(R) multimedia software, Data Desk(R) statistics software, and the DASL online archive of teaching datasets, his understanding of using and teaching with technology informs much of the book's approach. David Bock (Cornell University) won awards as a high school teacher of AP calculus and statistics and was a grader for the AP Statistics program from its inception. He is now the chief extension officer for the Cornell University mathematics department in charge of outreach to K-12 teachers. Dave's wisdom about how students learn helps to shape the book's pedagogy.
- Author(s)David E. Bock,Paul F. Velleman,Richard D. De Veaux
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication29/04/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date20/02/2013
- Weight1928 g
- Width218 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.