Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $9.50+ Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by gamegrapes
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $4.00+ Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by cusco4u
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- $9.94Free shipping
People who bought this also bought
Video Game Consoles
Video Game Controllers & Attachments
About this product
- Product InformationAfter three years of honing his golf game (Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds), loaning out his trademark looks (LittleBigPlanet), and working on his hand-to-hand combat skills (Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny), Sony's belligerent mascot Kratos gets back to the old-fashioned deicide that made him famous in God of War III. Serving as the final installment in an epic trilogy, God of War III picks up where its predecessor concluded: with Kratos and the Titans scaling Mt. Olympus for a final confrontation with the Gods.<br><br>Gamers will guide the irascible "Ghost of Sparta" on his relentless pursuit of vengeance, taking him to the heights of the famed Greek summit, exploring the bowels of Hell, and literally standing on the shoulders of giants in Shadow of the Colossus-style levels that take place entirely on living beings the size of skyscrapers. The gameplay is once again designed to mix frequent bouts of furious, bloody combat with periods of exploration and puzzle solving, all set within massive, multifaceted levels. Sony's Santa Monica development branch created an entirely new engine for God of War III, promising groundbreaking lighting techniques that mimic the human retina, and textures designed to realistically depict muscle contours and the glisten of freshly spilled viscera.<br><br>New magical attacks and weapons, such as the supremely powerful Cestus gauntlets, help Kratos unleash his wrath in a variety of ways, but familiar items such as the Golden Fleece, the Icarus Wings, and the permanently affixed Blades of Chaos also return. Beasts are now a means of conveyance as well as an obstacle, as Kratos can rip the wings from a Harpy to glide over chasms or yank the eyeball off a Cyclops to ride it like an enraged bull, and players can help guide the tortured soul along his path of ultimate revenge by using new grappling techniques and wall-to-ground attacks to dispatch hordes of mythological foes.
- PublisherSony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- GameGod of War III
- PlatformSony PlayStation 3
- ESRB DescriptorBlood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year2010
- Game Special Features<li>Massive levels unfold on living, breathing creatures four times larger than anything on the PS2<br/><br/><li>Use new weapons like the Cestus to unleash violent fury on a variety of mythological foes<br/><br/><li>Square off against the Gods in the epic finale of the God of War trilogy<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesGod of War Series
Most relevant reviews
- winddow9Aug 16, 2010by
Awesome story line awesome graphics awesome game
this game is just awesome I would recommend this game if you like high quality graphics this game is for you! .
- chalemanJan 13, 2016by
El mejor de todos los god of war sin ninguna duda
Super bueno mucha grafica muchos combate y esos puños de leon me encantaron.... fue buena compra y el cid esta en perfeta condiciones ....
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- pimpthang2012Mar 16, 2014by
Best game I've played in awhile i give it 5 stars, I recommend buying this.
God of War III is the best PS3 game from the franchise yet until i get G.O.W. ascension im sure. lol I love this game the graphics are stunning, and the game play is even better. You can get addicted to this game very easy, i guess that would have to be what i don't like about it, because i'm 30 and i probably shouldn't be stuck playing G.O.W.III all day...lol This is by far on my top ten favorite games of all time. I recommend purchasing one for yourself or it would an excellent gift for any game lover.If i had to compare it to another game it would be Dante's Inferno based on graphics and it's a bloody RPG.
- seruhioapodakaAug 09, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- sleepless_dead1Sep 09, 2012by
Buy it to go with the series, but it feels a little "empty".
I bought God of War 3 because I have played the last two and thought they were great. I enjoy this one very much (especially the weapon Nemean Cestus), but this game lacks in certain aspects. This game keeps that "badassness" of being able to wipe the floor with your enemies and beat down on the gods themselves. The game lacks a bit in story, as everything to this point is wrapped up quickly and awkwardly. The ending boss should have been more thought out and not just too many button sequences to count. The enemies don't vary much and don't really seem like a challenge anymore. The item bar is a good idea so as not to waste magic energy for less useful methods of destruction. I gave this game a 4/5 because it is still good, just not "great". I would still recommend this game to anyone who has played the other games, but don't expect something "Godly". Read full review
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $55.00Trending at $56.68
- $36.95Trending at $38.78
- $100.00Trending at $119.99
- $14.95Trending at $23.99
- $20.42Trending at $22.49
- $54.67Trending at $59.99
- $7.50Trending at $10.52