More items related to this product
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $334.90Trending at $379.95
- $42.77Trending at $43.98
- $289.79Trending at $324.24
- $179.99Trending at $229.00
- $165.00Trending at $185.00
- $76.25Trending at $78.89
- $214.99Trending at $268.00
About this product
- Product InformationWhen it comes to motorsports, the GoPro HERO HD Camcorder offers a durable camera that will capture every moment in high definition. Coupled with the accessories needed to capture the footage of any action-packed moment, regardless of the environment, the GoPro HERO HD Camcorder is an excellent solution to motorsports video needs. A streamlined design includes intuitive, simplified controls that require minimal input from users to get started right away. Features of the GoPro HERO HD Camcorder when shopping for a motorsports HD camcorder, the key factors are speed and strength. The GoPro HERO HD Camcorder is ready to work, waterproof to depths of up to 197 feet (60 meters). While the wide-angle lens captures videos at 170, 127, and 90 degrees, all at 1080p, the same lens captures stills at 170 and 127 degrees. Photos are taken at ten fps, and quality is 11 megapixels for extraordinarily clear playback. In addition, an external stereo microphone input (3.5 mm) offers an opportunity for a crystal clear soundtrack. Therefore, there is no viewfinder or zoom apparatus to add bulk to the device. Instead, it is designed to be sleek and streamlined, with a minimum amount of controls and user input needed to capture desired footage. The slim engineering works with an extensive variety of mounts, putting this camcorder in the middle of just about any situation. The GoPro HERO HD Camcorder is compatible with several different mounts, some of which include a tripod, wrist housing mount, a chest harness mount, a roll bar mount, a surfboard mount, a helmet front mount, a helmet strap mount, a suction cup mount, curved adhesive, and flat adhesive. This array of options means that no matter what the type of sport, weather conditions, or terrain, the Motorsports HD Camcorder is along for the ride. Users can attach the camcorder to nearly any part of the body or piece of clothing, as well as mount it in a number of locations on the vehicle. It is this adaptability that makes the GoPro line so popular. Users no longer have to create their own mounts and hope that their camera will stay secure. The GoPro HERO HD Camcorder is compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, and later versions of the software, and it also works with Mac OS 10.5 and later. That makes reviewing and editing shoots easy to do with most home and office computers. More importantly, this GoPro camcorder, like others in the line, benefits from compatibility with CineForm video compression software. Capturing images in high adventure situations were once only available to professionals. GoPro now offers the opportunity to do this to anyone involved in motorsports. For high-quality video, tough construction, and excellent selection in mounting options, the GoPro line is the obvious choice.
- ModelMotorsports HERO
- Family LineGoPro HERO
- Recording SystemPAL
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution5.0 MP
- Screen Size1.5"
- Weight167 gr
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory Size16 MB
- Supported Flash MemorySD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Display Size1.5"
- High Definition Video Support1080p
Most relevant reviews
- milanboez0139Aug 06, 2011by
Highly recommended for action sport use
I bought this camera to shoot bike riding footage, not just helmet cam but also as a standard camera (bought the LCD screen). It does the job nicely. Good quality footage, and the fisheye gives a really large depth of field. The fisheye isn't ideal for shooting some things, but it isn't so obvious on the highest quality setting. Photos aren't very good quality but are OK. Sound quality is also nice and receptive. Battery life is pretty average - about 2 hours when recording and playing back almost continuously (spar batteries can be bought for £13) . I haven't crashed on mine yet but judging from some videos I've seen it looks pretty durable. Its a bit big and clumpy for a helmet cam, not as streamlined or neat as its competitor, Contour, but if you want to see what you are recording/ have recorded than you have the option with this camera. The sound quality is also better on the Gopro. Overall - does the job well, great product with only a couple negatives. First video I shot on my camera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9VRKvLUYgc Read full review
- grantwassellSep 07, 2011by
This is a superb piece of kit with a multitude of sports and activity uses.
The box arrived and first impressions are really great. It was all very neatly packaged and the camera is mounted in a clear display box just like a piece of designer jewellery. Once out of the box the first thing you notice about the GoPro HD is just how tiny and light the camera is. The second thing I noticed is that the quality of all the components and build is exemplary. I bought this primarily for recording track days and in the Motorsports package that I purchased there are enough mounting brackets to suit most situations (a roll bar mount is extra). It comes with two cases - one for normal use and one for situations where it needs to be waterproof. I also bought a 32gb hi-speed SDHC card to go with it. Changing the case and changing the fitting brackets is very simple and takes no time. A neat feature is that the camera can be set to record video up side down. This soon becomes apparent when you realise that you may want to mount the camera to the underside of something (the mounting brackets are on the bottom of the camera). I had to use this setting when attaching it to the inside of my windscreen. Connecting to an HD Tv is really easy. I played the footage back on my 47 inch Sony HD tv and even when enlarged to this size the quality remains great. it's not as good as watching BBC HD tv but quite an accomplishment for such a tiny camera. I was unable to play back the footage from my ASUS notebook because the graphics capability isn't up to it. My Dell Optiplex PC worked well though and the images were top quality. This is a feature rich camera, however eveything is controlled through a tiny LCD on the front of the camera; this screen is not for playback. There are also just two buttons to control select and cycle through the menu. This seems like a bit of a let down, especially now that we're all used to our nice big 2 inch plus colour LCD screens with loads of buttons on our normal cameras. Using this tiny little display requires a level of concentration as well as a fair bit of user manual referencing to understand what the menu is telling you. However this does mean that the size of the camera remains small and very very light. There is a solution for this with the LCD BacPac accessory. My only gripe with the camera is that if you're behind the camera i.e. it's mounted to your windscreen and you're driving or you're pointing and shooting there's no way of telling if your actually recording because the recording light is at the front of the camera, nor can you see if the shot is in frame. When you activate record there is a bleep to signify the start, but it is not always easily heard; especially when you're in a noisy environment. I am going to purchase the LCD BacPac which will hopefully resolve this shortcoming and also let me see the shot I'm taking rather than guess that the camera is frame. Overall I'm really impressed with this camera and highly recommend it. Read full review
- logie746Aug 06, 2012by
go pro hero is the best underwater cam ive ever seen
i was not sure which one off the go pro cams i needed for jet sking and underwater footage of my fishing trips this one came up and i won the final bid..since then ive had great fun with this cam its easy to work and understand and im not a gadget person and it takes great footage above and below the water ive made 8 great movies already i recomend this cam to anyone since buying it ive also bought the chesty mount, the 3 foot floating pole, and the rear lcd moniter of ebay its an amazing outfit this is so easy to use
- jcgreenwoodecsMar 07, 2012by
Massively capable, great picture quality. Good price.
An excellent bit of kit, I and a number of friends used this on a Ski trip with some great footage recorded. Changing settings while mounted on a helmet is a bit tricky but the 980p setting provided a great picture. Survived jumps & wipeouts with no problem. A friend has just borrowed it to use in Greenland for a month so looking forward to the footage.
- aw11lukejohnsSep 05, 2011by
go pro is the best camcoder on the market by far.no product more wearth having!!!already used it for so many thing.its really high quilty and has some great features that make this item the very best in its class