More items related to this product
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $335.00Trending at $379.00
- $289.95Trending at $309.98
- $16.73Trending at $17.98
- $160.00Trending at $190.00
- $53.99Trending at $78.89
- $149.99Trending at $156.90
- $22.99Trending at $41.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe GoPro HD Hero2 Outdoor Edition Camcorder features an 11 MP CMOS sensor that lets you capture HD videos. This waterproof and shockproof camcorder performs time-lapse recording. It features a built-in mono microphone that features wind noise reduction. What's more, this wearable action camera is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers a battery life up to 2.5 hours. In addition, its f/2.8 lens has a maximum viewing angle of 170 degrees.
- ModelHD HERO2 Outdoor Edition
- Camcorder TypeHelmet/Action
- Recording FormatAVC,HDV
- Video QualityHigh Definition
- Image Sensor TypeCMOS
- Sensor Quantity1
- Sensor Size1/2.3"
LCD / Viewfinder
- Display TypeWith LCD Screen
- Display Size1.5"
- Optical ZoomWithout Optical Zoom
- Low Lux0.84 Lux
- Lens ApertureF2.8
- Recording MediaMemory Cards
- Audio FormatStereo
- Memory Card TypeSD Card,SDHC Card
- Digital Still Shot ModeWith Still Shot Capability
- MPEG Movie ModeWith MPEG Movie Mode
- Output InterfacesComposite (Video),HDMI,mini-USB
- Microphone TypeInternal
- Battery TypeLithium-ion Battery
Most relevant reviews
- lukebartholomewOct 13, 2012by
Perfect affordable camera for underwater, slow-motion & time-lapses.
The GoPro HD Hero 2 camera is the perfect affordable waterproof camera. Being the world's smallest HD camera, it really is value for money. With 1080p video recording, 720p & lower slow-motion, high resolution still picture, burst photo, and time-lapse mode, this camera has a lot of features considering the price. The video quality seems to fair quite well in sunlight and very well lit areas, but as soon as you lose light, you get a lot of noise in your image. On the other hand, the still images are crystal clear leaving darkness in a crisp black, making the time-lapse mode one of it's greatest features. The slow-motion is also one of its high selling points, converting even the sound into slow-motion. This is a camera you should buy for creative documentary shots, underwater filming in well lit water (as quality underwater can be excused), and sports related uses, with its many strap on features. Do not buy this as a straight video camera, or you will be disappointed. That is not what it's made for. If you are considering this product, I would highly recommend the LCD Backpack. Being able to frame up your shots is highly useful! It is also quite kind on the power consumption. Read full review
- aboriginalartho...Oct 01, 2012by
Very, very sturdy. This camera (and its housing) can take a serious beating
I used my GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor on my remote control airplane. Works great. The best thing is that it is sturdy and can absolutely take a beating. I crashed my plane into a tree (with the GoPro on it) at 100kn/h+ and everything disitegrated. By that, I mean all of the GoPro Skeleton housing components, the battery compartment of the camera itself, and the battery (which was lodged out). Everything was in bits the way it was meant to be assembled, I guess. What do you now - I clipped everything back together, put the battery in and switched the canera back on. All it showed on the display was a meadical cross and a fallen bike rider icon informing me that there had been a crash (!)...it was checking its systmes for about 3 secs...and then deemed everyting to be in working order. UNBELIEVABLE! I was sure the GoPro was lost. So, 5 stars from me for sturdyness! Read full review
- kirra1407Jul 05, 2012by
Great Value for money.
I brought The Go Pro for my husband birthday. He loves it. It has a great picture and is easy to use. It was for a great price. He likes that our son can use it and they take turns wearing it. We found that it is better to have it on the helmet rather than the chest. We think that you get a much better view of the rider and surroundings. Came with all we needed for motorsports. Awesome footage and all on memory card and also takes great photos.
- cantthinkofadam...Apr 03, 2012by
HD brilliance in a small sized package
Bought this to go windsurfing. The outdoor edition gave me more attachments that I would use. The picture quality is superb. Got a 32Gb class 10 SD card for $53.00 for it and it goes for ages. If you are considering watersports, then get a water dispersant spray for the outside lens cover and invest in the anti fog strips. Great camera which I can only recommend.
- a.guptaJul 09, 2012by
Highly recommended for outdoor/underwater pics and videos!
I bought the Hero2 because I needed an outdoor cam for my r/c buggy, SCUBA diving and also for the stupid things I do at times. It's size nicely small and the quality is great as long as there is enough light. Not to be used indoors - too much noise and blurriness in photos. However, it rocks outside. I haven't used any other outdoor cam, but don't think I will either - it's perfect!