Best Selling in GPS Units
Save on GPS Units
- $589.95Trending at $824.95
- $325.57Trending at $649.98
- $2,649.00Trending at $2,732.66
- $1,329.99Trending at $2,159.98
- $589.95Trending at $769.95
- $124.99Trending at $169.00
- $127.35Trending at $144.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe Garmin Oregon 450 offers a durable design, allowing users to trek into the most extreme conditions. More specifically, the device is water, dust, bump, humidity, and dirt resistant. Beyond its durability, the device has been perfectly crafted to be compact and light-weight. That allows a user to hold it in their hand or store the Garmin Oregon 450 in their pocket comfortably.Relying heavily on a barometric altimeter, this course plotting tool ensures precise directions and locations during each and every use. Those who find themselves constantly on the move will thoroughly enjoy the functionality with power from AA batteries. This allows users to quickly change out the battery and have a fully-charged GPS unit. The GPS itself is sleek and stylish, offering a modern design that evokes an almost futuristic feel.The GPS offers a wide variety of features that many will love. It has a 3-inch touch screen display that offers sunlight-readable technology. The map reading system comes preloaded with a worldwide basemap with integrated shade relief. It utilizes a 3-axis compass with accelerometer and barometric altimeter sensors to accurately depict information about your location on the easily-visible screen. The Garmin Oregon 450 offers precision results time and time again. Thanks to the integrated technology, this direction finding tool offers both a WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and a HotFix satellite predictor. These work hand in hand for quickly and precisely mapping out where you are and where you’re looking to travel to.Users who are looking to take their adventure to a new level will enjoy the incorporated MicroSD slot. This allows users to add more maps, waypoints, tracks, geocaches, and routes with ease. However, individuals also have the freedom to share all their information wirelessly with other compatible mobile devices instantaneously. It's designed to be a great choice for roaming adventures like geocaching and hiking. Users can easily send their favorite hike, location, or trail to all their friends from their handheld Garmin Oregon 450. Specialized maps are available for users of the Garmin Oregon 450. For instance, the optional BlueChart G2 preloaded card offers detailed information about waterways with details such as fishing charts. The GPS also optionally allows users to generate birds-eye view photos utilizing satellite imagery to easily visualize certain locations.The overall interface and layout of the software is easy to use and allows for quick navigation throughout the large number of options. The interface is highly customizable and allows the user to view a wide array of dashboards and charts based on individual preferences and needs. Users will find the included BaseCamp program a breeze to use. It helps you to view and organize routes and tracks and to plan for the adventure ahead. Users have the freedom to dynamically change the display of maps on their computer, allowing 2D and 3D layouts for further preparation. Additionally, the included software allows users to easily share their plans with friends and family with a click of a button. The Garmin Oregon 450 Handheld course-plotting tool comes packed with a carabiner clip, a USB cable, and a quick start guide.
- ModelOregon 450
- System TypeHandheld
- Screen Size3"
- Number of Channels12 Channels
- Display Size1.53 in. x 2.55 in.
- Display TypeLCD TFT Display
- Resolutions240 x 400
- FeaturesAltimeter,Area Calculation,Built-In Altimeter,Built-In Barometer,Compass,Geocaching Mode,JPEG Image Viewer,Sun and Moon Information,Waterproof
- Battery Type and Quantity2 x AA Batteries
- Battery Life16 Hours
- Height4.5 in.
- Width2.3 in.
- Depth1.4 in.
- Weight0.42 lb.
- PC InterfaceNMEA-0183,USB
- Installed Memory850 MB
- Environmental ProtectionIPX7 Waterproof Standard
- Expansion Slot Typemicro-SD slot
Most relevant reviews
- electraJul 15, 2017by
Easy to use. I haven't gotten lost yet!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- kreuger2007Jun 01, 2012by
carry a compass, because due to weather conditions the GPS might not work
It was easy to use. I'm not sure of it's accuracy, I have some questions about that. Make sure you carry a compass, because if heavy rain clouds come up from the south the GPS will not work. The rest of the time it works great. I bought this product to measure acres, so I could send in a report to tax accessior. It works alot better then the old GPS I have. It's easier to set way points with this GPS and it works slick measuring acres. It operates alot faster then my old GPS.
- chippergipperJul 28, 2012by
Great product, only reason I am rating it below a full 5 star rating is that I feel the world map should be more detailed, only gives the MAJOR roads, forcing you to buy more software in order to get street detail needed when Geo Caching, especially if in an unfamiliar area. Very easy to use....display is easy to read. Nice that it is upgradable to include turn-by-turn navigation, on the water capability, and for those in areas that have major elevation changes the topographical upgrade is valuable, interfacing with your PC allows you to plan trips either on road or off. Would recommend this unit to everyone!!!!
- corey0918623Dec 08, 2013by
The Garmin Oregon 450 is a great buy.
I bought this product to help me find my way when I'm out hunting. I didn't need to spend the extra money on the 450t because all of the TOPO maps are free at GPSfiledepot.com. I like that this product is easy to use and keeps battery life pretty well. This is my first GPS so I can't really compare it to any others, but I did a lot of research to find the right GPS for me and I got this one used for a great price.
- grangerman01Dec 07, 2012by
Nice unit, relatively easy to learn and many nice extra features.
Bought a factory rebuilt unit from Garmin/Ebay and so far it works great. Could not tell it was not factory new. Eats alkaline batteries pretty quick so plan on using NiMh or L-Lithium batteries. Used it this deer season and it tracked everywhere I traveled and was easy to use and navigate. I suggest you buy a clear screen protector to prevent scratches. Will ultimately use it for a wilderness hunt out west. Also, free maps are available via internet searches.