All listings for this product
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesThis Flip video camcorder is considered a shoot and show camcorder. Not only does it take videos in HD format, it also has a flip-up 3-inch LCD touchscreen that you use to watch the videos directly from the device. Additionally, it has a headphone jack for watching the videos anywhere without disturbing others. You can also connect the Flip to your HDTV with the assistance of a Flip Video HDMI cable that must be purchased. Besides the small size and flip screen, the other feature that makes the Flip video camcorder unique is that the software that is used to organize, create custom videos, and share those videos is built right into the camera. Through FlipShare, share your videos privately through email or their own site at Flip Channels, or you can choose to share publically through Facebook or YouTube.
- BrandFlip Video
- Family LineFlip Video SlideHD
- Optical ZoomNone
- Digital Zoom2X
- Storage TypeInternal & Removable
- Media FormatFlash Card,SD
- Resolution1.6 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Weight5.65 Oz.
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Sensor Size1/4.5"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Focus AdjustmentFocus Free
- Exposure ModesAutomatic
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size16 GB
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card
- Video Recording Length4 Hours
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth0.98 in.
- Height4.13 in.
- Width2.17 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x headphones
- HDMI OutputYes
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X,Apple Mac OS X 10.5,Apple Mac OS X 10.6.x,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Form FactorIntegrated
- Digital Video FormatH.264
- Additional FeaturesAuto Power Save,Built-In Speaker,In-Camera Movie Editing,Touch-Screen,USB Charging,YouTube Capture Mode
- High Definition Video Support720p
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- White BalanceAutomatic
- Video CaptureH.264 - 1280 x 720 - 30 fps
- Night ModeYes
Most relevant reviews
- bunnybdwi_2hhhi...Aug 30, 2016by
Flip Video Slide camcorder
Fixed mine by sticking thing into freezer for awhile ,it brought it back to life and starting charging again.
Verified purchase: Yes
- tommierufus19Jun 27, 2015by
Easy to use and a great value for the money.
The batteries were designed to last for 500 charges or 5 years.Most of the flip slides are more than five years old.The batteries are dying of old age.If you charge your battery for 7 to 9 hours and the little red light is still blinking,the computer went to sleep or the battery has given up the ghost,it is dead,replace it.Good news,EBAY offers the correct battery for the Cisco flip slide s1240 for 15-18.00.Just make sure it is for the slide s1240.The battery you receive WIIL NOT have the same colored wires,relax,it will work as long as there are four wires and one is black and one is red.The black wire should be on one end and the red wire on the other end.When you go to connect the new battery,REMEMBER,the red wire will be the wire closes to the end where the tripod port is. The other problem I've seen is when the camera was assembled,the ribbon wires or I should say one of the ribbon wires did not get seated[connected] correctly.If this happened,you may or may not see a blinking red light when you're charging the battery.The good news,if you're going to replace the battery you'll have to disconnect the ribbon wires to get to the battery.Believe me,you need to replace the battery while you have the camera apart. TOOLs YOU WILL NEED:plastic Tweezers,magnet,very small phillip head screw drver [not the one you use to repair glasses,too weak].and a thin blade knife. 1.Slide the screen up[open]. 2.Look at top of the WHITE case[not the screen] and you'll see a glued on cover around the slide strip.Gently insert a blade under one corner of the cover,keeping the cover as straight as possible,peel the cover off. 2.Next,with the USB latch button to your left and facing you,insert a thin blade under the thin black pin stripe[looks like a gasket] and gently work it loose,take your time,you should work the front of the stripe completely loose,and about one fourth of the way along the sides,place a few tooth picks under the stripe to keep it from sticking.Do not loosen the stripe under the screen . 3.With the pin stripe up,you should see three screws that will have to come out, Above and to the right of the touch pad is one more screw that must be removed.That is a total of FOUR SCREWS,that's it.Leave the screws down in the holes alone. 4.Hold your magnet on the table,take your screw driver and pull screw driver in one direction across the magnet,do not push the screw driver back and forth,pull in one direction only.Do this until the tip of the driver will pick up a tack,pin,or needle. 5.Now,remove the four screws,gently lift up the screen and base plate.There is a thin ribbon wire and it pulls out of the female connector..The wider ribbon wire is held in place by a clip,pull the clip toward you.Remove the screen and plate as one unit. 6.Warning,the screws are not the same length,keep them seperated according to length and a diagram of where they came from.Now you should be looking at a green circuit board,to your left is another wide ribbon,release it by pulling the thin bar across the top of the female connector up,there are four screws on the circuit board with gold circles around them,remove the four screws. 7.The circuit board has to come up but not off,on one end of the board are two sets of black and red wires,rotate the board up and toward these wires.To get the board up requires you to gently pry up on the end where the black and red wires are then pry out the the other end.Remove the 2 screws holding the battery and unplug it. Read full review
- davidavrelejNov 03, 2015by
Best Portable Camcorder on the Market
The s1240 camcorder is very easy to use and share important family and business moments. The battery maintains about an hour of continuous use from full charge. It can be recharged through any USB charger device such as a wall outlet or computer. The video capacity is 4+ hours. The output is MP4 which easily imports into a variety of professional grade editing programs for a truly professional outcome by allowing scene transitions, background music and other editing elements, including DVDs. The included software (FlipShare) loads easily to you PC/mac computer and facilitates uploading to the internet as well as some editing by moving sequence of scenes and allowing the software to create a movie for you should you choose that option. Despite being no longer produced, the Flip s1240 remains an excellent camcorder for nearly every use. The only drawback is the battery can drain requiring a reset before charging. Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes
- mickjohngFeb 26, 2015by
Flip Slide camcorder
Great video camcorder perfect for Youtube and Vimeo, makes Phone videos look amateurish, this is the camcorder for high quality videos, and as always with Cisco camcorders they cannot be left in an uncharged state or they will refuse to charge when needed, always charge them monthly to avoid this problem
- scotflan0May 09, 2017by
Never worked from the day I got it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $4,600.00Trending at $5,467.00
- $331.60Trending at $359.00
- $1,259.88Trending at $1,359.99
- $119.99Trending at $126.50
- $497.99Trending at $597.99
- $282.00Trending at $349.00
- $12.20Trending at $13.98