More items related to this product
Best Selling in Fiction & Literature
Save on Fiction & Literature
- $10.97Trending at $11.99
- $19.00Trending at $26.23
- $16.99Trending at $17.78
- $13.05Trending at $13.75
- $35.37Trending at $44.50
- $12.17Trending at $13.23
- $56.53Trending at $62.80
About this product
- SynopsisWhen literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana&'s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too&-but on his own terms. � Shocked yet thrilled by Grey&'s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success&-his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family&-Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey&'s secrets and explores her own dark desires. Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever. This book is intended for mature audiences.,When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time. Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.
- AuthorE. L. James
- Number Of Pages360 pages
- SeriesFifty Shades Trilogy
- Publication Date2011-05-26
- PublisherWriter's Coffee Shop, The
- Publication Year20110000
- Series Volume NumberBk. 1
- Dewey Decimal813/.6
- Dewey Edition23
Most relevant reviews
- betti7588Feb 10, 2013by
This is a great and very captivating erotic romance, especially for women
Fifty Shades of Grey written by E.L.James is a beautiful and intelligent written erotic romance. It was published in 2011 and got its most success in 2012. The trilogy is about a young man and woman who met by destiny in a college interview. Anastasia Steel and Christian Grey (the main protagonists) first met in an interview and felt the connection between each other. While the innocent and inexperienced Anastasia wants a romantic relationship with the very attractive and rich, but yet intimidating, bachelor Christian, Christian wants a different kind of relationship - a dominant submissive relationship. The romantic story is written out of the point of view from a woman - Anastasia. It shows the difficulties sometimes women have to encounter while growing up and going through college and trying to find the perfect fit for life. James tries to show how men have a different perspective of love than women and what problems their relationship can encounter. Besides showing different perspectives of love, James also tries to show how a difficult childhood can influence a person's life, perspectives and thinking in even later life. Even though James is a good looking and very successful man who grew up in a wealthy family, he still suffers from his bad childhood experiences later on in life. The general theme of the book is the effects of bad childhood experience in later life and differences in sexual practices. Even though I am personally not a big fan of love stories, this different kind of love story is very captivating and entertaining. James uses a lot of descriptive language to explain senses, feelings and thoughts, which makes the book very real. As a woman reading this book I can feel the emotions of the main female protagonist Anastasia. Nevertheless, this book might not be as interesting to read for everybody. In case you really do not like cheesy love stories and romantic stories, you should probably not read this book as the book can become boring at times, as there are a lot of repetitions. James also writes in a provocative manner that many people might find inappropriate. Besides all facts, if you do like to read love stories and romantic novels, I highly recommend this book. James is a great writer who makes the story come alive and gets the reader involved in feelings and emotions. It also makes the reader evaluate the importance of a love relationship and think about relationship problems in a different way than you have before. Read full review
- lilyposa78Aug 04, 2012by
Must Have It!!!
Loved it!! So sensual, so passionate, amazingly overwhelming... I am bewitched!!! The characters, the story, the plot, an unexpected final. Every line is written in such way, that you can picture or even FEEL what's the character was seeing or feeling at the exact moment. I loved it from the start to the end. This novel was recommended by the company I represent, and I recommend it to everyone. Also, it has helped me to experience new things I never thougt before. It has taken over me. E.L. James you have impacted me!!! Than you!!!
- 809247763@delet...Nov 05, 2012by
very interesting point of view
Great book. Very good read. The idea of the author is very different than the usual books. It's not just and erotic novel, it's a little romantic as well.
- uwanviagraSep 18, 2012by
New York Times Bestseller...seriously??!!
If I can give this book negative stars, I would! It is the most obtuse and moronic piece of "literature" that has ever been published. Based on all of the repetitive and unimaginative phrases used, I would guess that a fourth grader wrote this book. Believe me, if I was responsible for inflicting this piece of work on humanity, I would use a pseudonym, too.
- 1132886641@dele...Nov 07, 2012by
Buying was easy, book was ok.
I borrowed this book from a friend who was borrowing it from her daughter. I have raspberries in my yard and somehow got just 1 berry between a few of the pages, and of course, it smashed EVERYWHERE. I bought this book in "good" condition and it was better than the copy I was given. P.S. The book isn't as good as the hype about it.