More items related to this product
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $34.98Trending at $36.54
- $59.50Trending at $81.99
- $31.59Trending at $50.47
- $10.00Trending at $15.50
- $33.99Trending at $34.99
- $18.00Trending at $20.89
- $19.99Trending at $29.98
About this product
- Product InformationGamers return to the post-apocalyptic frontier for more hardscrabble living and darkly comic violence in Fallout: New Vegas. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment (known primarily for its competent stewardship of BioWare's Neverwinter Nights and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic franchises), Fallout: New Vegas draws inspiration from all of its forebears, offering a Western setting and factions reminiscent of Fallout and Fallout 2, while retaining the gameplay mechanics and graphics of Fallout 3. And while ostensibly a sequel to Bethesda's epic action RPG that found gamers exploring the wastelands on a hunt for their altruistic father, Fallout: New Vegas chooses to spin a classic tale of revenge befitting the "sinful" nature of the town that is its locus.<br><br>Players begin their New Vegas saga as a simple courier who is inexplicably shot in the head and unceremoniously left to die in a shallow Mojave grave. Thanks to the intervention of strange robot and a friendly doctor, gamers survive this apparent death sentence with nothing more than amnesia and an intense desire for exploration and retribution. This new outlook on life forces players into a dangerous open world, where giant radioactive creatures roam the countryside, and raiders, slavers, supermutants, and ghouls vie for control of territory and resources. Combat and conversation remain the primary means of advancing the storyline, with mercenary missions and random battles providing for character advancement, and the V.A.T.S. targeting system and branching dialogue of Fallout 3 returning unmolested.<br><br>Obsidian has added a number of its own flourishes, led by a new reputation system that builds on the franchise's established Karma mechanic, continually updating gamers' standing among the wasteland's various settlers and warring factions. Companions also take a larger role, as players can now form a party, pass off weapons and items to friendly characters, and instruct their squad mates whether to be passive or aggressive in combat situations. Gamers also have more battle options thanks to new weapons, modifications, and special attacks; and the Nevada Wastes landscape is just as treacherous as the similarly sized Capital Wasteland thanks to militant factions and ferocious new beasts. Fallout: New Vegas also includes a "Hardcore" mode that operates outside of standard difficulty levels, and is designed to ratchet up the realism by giving ammunition weight, requiring players to remain hydrated, and making wounds heal gradually rather than instantly.<br><br>The "Collector's Edition" plays on the game's location by including "Lucky 7" poker chips that represent seven different casinos, a re-creation of the game's rare "Lucky 38" platinum poker chip, a full deck of playing cards that depict characters and factions from Fallout: New Vegas, a hardcover graphic novel written by the game's creative director Chris Avellone, and a "making of" documentary DVD.
- PublisherBethesda Softworks
- GameFallout: New Vegas -- Collector's Edition
- ESRB RatingM - Mature
- Game EditionCollector's Edition
- ESRB DescriptorBlood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Use of Drugs
- Control ElementsKeyboard,Mouse
- Release Year2010
- Game Special Features<li>Explore a vast landscape filled with dangerous mutants, militant factions, and radioactive beasts<br/><br/><li>New weapons and modifications offer twice as many ways to kill enemies<br/><br/><li>Form parties and issue more detailed commands to companions<br/><br/><li>Earn a reputation based on interactions with various groups<br/><br/><li>Includes collectible poker chips, a deck of cards, a hardcover book, and a documentary DVD<br/><br/>
Most relevant reviews
- greenmonkeygami...Sep 24, 2011by
Everything a gamer could ask for!
This game is everything a gamer could ask for! It includes a rich story line, a variety of weapons, and a long list of perks for your character. I am the CEO of GreenMonkeyGaming, a small growing Video Game Store in Massachusetts, and when Fallout New Vegas was released in 2010, it flew off the shelves. Im sure im not the only one who loves it!
- mrcoffeeeApr 03, 2011by
New Vegas returns to it's roots which is AWESOME
For all you Fallout and Fallout 2 fans out there, Obsidian Entertainment revisits the west of F1&2 fame and steers the franchise back closer to it's roots with more story/adventure and details that made Fallout 1 and 2 famous. You have to play it, I'm not going to tell you any more other than I have played and Loved Fallout and Fallout 2 when they were out, and I wasn't too impressed with Fallout 3, it was too much of a departure. Fallout: New Vegas returns a lot of the Fallout 1 and 2 flavor that was missing from F3. Buy it, You'll love it.
- the_804rDec 12, 2012by
Perfectly fair deal with no complications. Would buy again.
Bought a copy because I've become a great fan of the series and didn't preorder in time. The glue on the box had came slightly off, but this is to be expected, even when stored as perfectly as this was. Otherwise no complications, fair price and great service.
- dkm2012Mar 12, 2011by
Good price and Fast shipping, couldnt be more satisfied
i liked all of it, i knew before hand what i was buying and what it would be like, so i found it at a good price.