All listings for this product
About this product
- SynopsisTo ensure that baby gets the best, most wholesome and natural food possible, go homemade! The newest entry in the acclaimed Great Expectations series focuses on easy preparation of nutritious baby and toddler meals at home - from the first finger-foods to more than 130 delicious kid-tested recipes that will lay the foundation for a lifetime of healthy eating. The book teaches parents how to select the right food, set up a pantry (with a guide to key kitchen equipment), establish smart eating routines and introduce a wide variety of tastes and textures. It also explores today's most pressing nutrition issues: Should you buy only organic food? Is a vegetarian diet good for a very young child? Additional resources include information on breastfeeding and food allergies, as well as a comprehensive listing of products that make healthy eating faster and easier.,With Kaaren Poole as teacher, learning to draw colorful birds becomes an enjoyable experience. She reveals the secrets of creating her beautiful, realistic, and richly detailed pictures, showing how she builds them step-by-step, in layers of color. Poole explains her chosen medium (colored pencils) and how to use it, gives tips on bird anatomy, provides color theory basics, and then illustrates her technique with 27 popular avian subjects, including the robin, goldfinch, chickadee, and quail. When you master Poole's easily-learned method, it's simple to recreate her lovely projects exactly or to use her ideas to enhance your own work. To finish the at-home course in style: a quick lesson on pairing colored pencils with watercolor, iridescent inks, and graphite.
- AuthorKaaren Poole
- Number Of Pages144 pages
- Publication Date2008-10-07
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co., Inc.
- Publication Year20080000
- Copyright Date2008
- Width8.5 In.
- Length10 In.
- LC Classification NumberNC892.P56 2008
- Dewey Decimal743.6/8
- Dewey Edition22
- Produced byInc. Staff Prolific Impressions
Most relevant reviews
- sboyde712Dec 18, 2015by
Gift for a birder
The perfect gift for a friend learning to draw and paint from nature.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- lyn544209Jun 11, 2012by
The best book I have come across on sketching with colored pencils.
This may be one of the best intructional books I have come across on drawing with colored pencils. It is in rich color and give detailed instructions that even I, a new sketcher can understand. Beautiful work done by the author, too. I would suggest to anyone looking for one of the best books around to pick up a copy.
- cme1350Mar 08, 2012by
If you want to learn how to draw birds this book offers little. If you want to learn how to color and shade with colored pencils then you might be more happy. I wanted to learn how to draw birds for watercolor so this book was only somewhat useful to me. But you need drawing skills already in place to use this book.
- 157452603@delet...Nov 25, 2008by
Drawing Birds In Colored Pencil
I got this book because I am just starting to learn pencil drawing and I love birds. Birds are known to be difficult to draw, especially capturing their postures and gestures. I just love it. Having said that, it is an attractive book - birds are so beautiful and delicate it is impossible to have a bad book about them!
- ddimples54Dec 02, 2008by
This book more than fits as a gift for my sister. She is both an artist and a bird watcher. The book is in wonderful condition, the illustrations are both soft and beautiful. Very detailed demonstration on how to draw each bird from start to finish. My sister will be so pleasantly surprised that I was able to find the book for her.
Best Selling in Nonfiction
Save on Nonfiction
- $13.30Trending at $13.45
- $17.10Trending at $18.59
- $16.47Trending at $16.90
- $36.29Trending at $40.55
- $15.67Trending at $16.80
- $10.80Trending at $11.63
- $9.80Trending at $10.65