All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- $224.99Was:$249.99Free shipping
- $427.49Was:$474.99Free shipping
About this product
- Product InformationWelcome to the modern land of sharp flatscreen images that are easy on the eyes, with the Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP 24-inch widescreen LCD monitor. With a resolution of 1920x1200 pixels, the Dell UltraSharp monitor has the crispness and clarity of full high-definition. The thin-film transistor LCD with active matrix technology reduces crosstalk between pixels and improves the image quality. This impressive piece of tech brings every aspect of the image into complete view with stunning performance and an aesthetically pleasing design.The Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP monitor has plenty of functionality and features for high-end users who use high-demand software. With six face buttons for power and on-screen display (OSD) controls, you adjust and optimize the temperature, contrast, and brightness of the panel. The PIP (picture in picture) and PBP (picture by picture) modes let you view images from two input sources at the same time. The monitor rotates 45 degrees to the left and right and approximately 30 degrees back. Its height is adjustable 100mm up or down. The panel also pivots 90 degrees in case you need to view longer documents in portrait mode. With a 178-degree vertical and horizontal viewing angle, the monitor is viewable from multiple directions whether you're sitting or standing.The Dell UltraSharp monitor features numerous ports for just about every type of display, including an analog VGA input, S-Video, a DisplayPort, component, composite, two DVI ports, and an HDMI port for connecting to a television and streaming video. The High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection standard prevents the transmission of non-encrypted, high-definition content. There's also a speaker port, four USB 2.0 downstream ports, one USB upstream port, and a 9-in-2 media card reader that supports Compact Flash and SD formats. An audio output provides support for speakers or an optional Dell Soundbar speaker system. A security lock slot is also included to prevent theft.This desktop monitor offers a 3000:1 dynamic contrast aspect ratio for crisp and clear images that smaller monitors just can't reach. With an 110 percent color gamut and Dell's TrueColor Technology, you see a more vibrant image on screen than ever before. The 6-millisecond response time reduces ghosting and blurring associated with fast motion, which is ideal for gaming, videos, and other intensive software. Achieve sharper images, crisper text, more life-like detail, and better results, making both your job and entertainment easier on the eyes.With the monitor's plug and play capabilities, your computer automatically recognizes the hardware and optimizes its settings. This device meets the EPA guidelines for energy efficiency with a standard power consumption of 57 watts, and a maximum of 110 watts, during normal operations and less than 2 watts in sleep mode. The release version of the Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP model comes with various cables out of the box, including a DisplayPort cable, a DVI cable, a USB cord, and power cables.
- Additional MPNG283H
- Product LineDell UltraSharp
- Display TechnologyFlat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix),LCD
- Screen Size24"
- Maximum Resolution1920x1200
- Aspect Ratio16:10
- Contrast Ratio1300:1,3000:1
- Response Time6ms
- Max Viewing Angle Horizontal178°
- Max Viewing Angle Vertical178°
- Regulatory ApprovalEnergy Star,Energy star
- Form FactorDesktop
- Digital Video Input StandardDVI-D
- Monitor ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- mcclainvfJan 11, 2017by
I own 6 of these monitors. They have exceptional brightness and clarity. Since I am over 65, my eyesight is not as good as it used to be and the quality of these monitors are quite welcomed.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- marse01Nov 07, 2013by
those who leave the old road for the new knows what he loses but ..........
I already knew this monitor because I use an identical one since 2008. Needing a second monitor (1920x1200) I purchased a HP LA2405x: good price but great disappointment when I did work the DELL and HP side by side. Then I sold the HP and, with the same money, I purchased a DELL 2408WFP used (identical to mine). I am very happy with this purchase I made via EBAY.
- gene_2007Mar 08, 2012by
Great monitor with a great value
The good: Strong overall performance; its tried-and-true design is both aesthetically pleasing and practical; video connections galore. The bad: Cool preset mode is too blue; no digital audio connection. The bottom line: The 24-inch Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP display delivers across the board in performance, design, and features. It excelled with movies and games, making it not only an excellent choice as an entertainment display, but also great for everyday Windows tasks. The Gateway FHD2400 may be cheaper, but the Dell UltraSharp 2408WPF display is the better value of the two 24-inch LCD monitors. It performed outstandingly in our labs-based DisplayMate tests, delivering quite possibly the best image we've seen for DVD playback. The 2408WPF packs all of its stellar performance inside a practical and aesthetically pleasing design while delivering an embarrassment of connection riches. Moreover, it carries a fair price of $599; we'd wager any 24-inch display you find for less will come with trade-offs in terms of features or performance or both. The UltraSharp 2408WFP is a great entertainment display, whether it is games, DVDs, or--making use of its 1,920x1,200 resolution--HD movies. Rest assured, it does not drop the ball on the basics; we give it a strong recommendation should you seek a large productivity monitor. Read full review
- gabrsafwatMay 20, 2009by
Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP Rev. A02 is GOOD
This monitor is one of the best monitors in the market today. The A02 revision fixed most of the issues in the A00 and A01 ones. The only concern is that you have to calibrate the color before using the monitor then decrease the saturation level of the color a lot lower than the default. The monitor's saturation default level is over saturated by itself. It took me about 4 hours trying different color profiles and the monitor color settings until I got it right. I will need now to read more about how to connect other devices to this monitor since it has tones of connection ports on board! I like it very much, and I definitely recommend it to others!
- mastermccabeFeb 06, 2009by
Dell UltraSharp 24 inch LCD monitor
PROS: Really nice moniter. It acts like a tv w/o the tuner, because of so many inputs and abilities to change contrast etc. has a high pixel rate and is good for everyday use.. its actually huge! and i use it as my second monitor and makes me very productive.. CONS: only complaint is that with a 5ms delay playing games tends to be slow especially in FPS games, but if you're not a gamer dork then it should be fine.. ive heard complaints that the colors can be TOO vivid, but thats adjustable and didnt really bother me at all.. Bottom line: Impress your friends with this monitor.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Monitors
Save on Monitors
- $668.90Trending at $689.91
- $139.99Trending at $149.00
- $759.99Trending at $804.49
- $249.99Trending at $289.00
- $479.00Trending at $559.89
- $107.81Trending at $121.40
- $100.31Trending at $118.99