More items related to this product
Best Selling in Servers
About this product
- ModelPowerEdge 2850
- Form FactorRack Mount
- Supported PlatformsPC,Unix
- OS CertificationsMicrosoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server,Microsoft Windows 2000 Server,Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition,Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition,Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Web Edition,Novell NetWare 5.x,Novell NetWare 6.5,Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 2.1,Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 3,Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1 Standard Edition,Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3
- Networking Type10/100/1000 Network Adapters x 2
- Data Link ProtocolEthernet
- Installed ProcessorIntel Xeon 2.8GHz
- Number of Installed Processors1
- Maximum Processors Quantity2
- Maximum Supported Memory12GB
- Hard Drive InterfaceSCSI Ultra320
- Height3.38 in.
- Depth29.79 in.
- Width17.6 in.
Most relevant reviews
- darquedanteSep 02, 2010by
Perfect Balance Price/Performance
For those of us who are on a limited budget, yet still need some rack server Dell's 2850 is IMHO the Best. It has been long enough since it was released/ enough successors out there that the price has come down to a decent point. The processing power it offers is the other great selling point. Being the first in the first in the PowerVault series [x8xx] to offer true x64bit CPUs, thus opening the doors to more OS'es and Better utilization of larger amounts of ram. In my Current Rack I have a PE6650,PE2650,PE2650,PE1750,PE1850 and three PV725n's. I have all-ways loved the design and reliability of the Dell Enterprise devices. The 2850 Fully Up-graded blows my two 2650 together out of the water and with using less wattage. Power being another big factor in the decision to buy the 2850. It affords me the ability to remove two other servers completely and take over all there roles, while saving me money not only on electricity but on precious rack space. So if you are in the market for one single server to handle all your SOHO needs or have a larger office server pool the Dell PowerEdge 2850 is something to think about. Read full review