All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationEnjoy crystal-clear picture quality with the Dell E228WFP widescreen LCD flat panel monitor. It features a native resolution of 1680 by 1050 pixels with an 800:1 contrast ratio along with a fast 83 kHz horizontal refresh rate and 75 Hz vertical refresh rate. With about 36% more space than a typical 19-inch widescreen monitor, the monitor's 22-inch image size gives you enough viewable area to support multiple windows on the screen at once, allowing you to work on side-by-side documents and other rigorous tasks. The screen contains about 1.7 million pixels, more than a typical 720p monitor.The Dell 22-inch monitor will enhance your multimedia and gaming experience. The fast five millisecond response time means that you will experience less blurring and lagging, especially when you need fluid motion to view high-definition content or play a game. Moreover, the thin-film transistor LCD uses an active matrix technology that improves the image stability, and the anti-glare hard coating avoids annoying glares when juxtaposed with bright lighting conditions. With a 160-degree vertical and horizontal viewing angle, the monitor is viewable from extreme angles. The ability to either place it on your desk or use a wall mount will free up your workspace in the home or the office. Set up the device however you want.The Dell E228WFP model uses a standard VGA analogue signal. In addition, this device supports a DVI-D digital signal for viewing high-definition video smoothly. However, your computer must have a DVI connector to use this feature. The High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) also prevents the transmission of non-encrypted, high-definition content across your DVI interface.The Dell E228WFP combines comfort and flexibility. Using the built-in pedestal, you can tilt the device forward or backward for the most comfortable viewing angle. The V-shaped stand has a hole in the back to permit several cords to pass through, freeing up clutter around your desk or workspace. The device also contains a place for an optional Dell Soundbar, which is sold separately. Five buttons on the lower right-hand side of the monitor provide navigation for the on-screen display (OSD), giving you control over color, brightness, and contrast settings as well as the input source and OSD menu.With the monitor's plug and play capabilities, no setup is required. The hardware will be installed automatically, so the system can configure itself and optimize the monitor's settings (only available on select computers). If desired, you can still select different settings after the installation is complete. This device meets the EPA guidelines for energy efficiency, with a standard power consumption of 45 watts during normal operations and less than 2 watts in sleep mode. In its original packaging, this monitor should contain a set of standard VGA and power cables and drivers right out of the box. It has been exhaustively tested under true-to-life circumstances to withstand shocks, drops, and other real-world conditions.
- Additional MPNX764G
- Product LineDell E
- Display TechnologyLCD,Widescreen LCD,Widescreen LCD LCD,Widescreen LCD Widescreen LCD LCD LCD
- Screen Size22"
- Maximum Resolution1680x1050
- Aspect Ratio16:10
- Contrast Ratio800:1
- Response Time5ms
- Refresh Rate60 Hz
- Synchronization Range - Vertical56 - 75 kHz
- Synchronization Range - Horizontal30 - 83 kHz
- Max Viewing Angle Horizontal160°
- Max Viewing Angle Vertical160°
- Form FactorDesktop
- Analog Video Input Connector1 x 15 Pin D-Sub connector
- Digital Video Input StandardDVI-D
- Monitor ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- ebmuttNov 03, 2015by
No scratches, excellent brightness, good visibility
Delivery on time, a good bargain.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- impulse819Oct 07, 2010by
Amazing monitor for Less Money
I like the sheer size of it. 22" is a lot on a desk, but not with the narrow design of this one! Gives you more of what you want to see without taking the space that you need. Versatile vga and dvi connectors means whatever pc/videocard you use can plug into this! Overall i'd give this a 5/5 rating. Excellent colors, fast performance for normal or gaming use.
- vborovicDec 02, 2008by
Great Value For Money
After only using the notebooks for 3 years straight, I decided to again switch to desktop PCs, and during the build phase, I decided to go for the DELL E228WFP monitor. Although it doesn't have a HDMI, and there are monitors that have better specs, this one is doing a great job so far. I've bough it for roughly $280 here at eBay 4 months ago, and at that time it was a bargain. I'm sitting in front of it at least 8 hours daily, and my eyes don't get tired. It's a pleasure to use it, the image is clear, whether it's the games, web designing or watching movies. It's 22" size is just perfect, and the design is simple, but the quality is great and the case is sturdy. And, it's a DELL.
- lifebidderAug 01, 2008by
A Monitor worth having.
It take a while to tweak it to display comfortably to my eyes; but it has plenty of possibilities that with a good graphics card you can accomplish whatever suits your fancy. "Optimum Resolution" only supports a 60Hz refresh rate, so if you are sensative to the quivvering of such a low refresh rate you will need to play with lower resolutions to obtain higher refresh rates.
- glassonion74Apr 26, 2010by
Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor - good image, bad hardware
Apparently this series of LCD flat panel LCD monitor has a great image, but they made it with cheap or faulty parts, so it is inclined to require repair early. Repairs is fairly inexpensive - from an honest repair shop - because all they have to do is replace a couple of really cheap capacitors usually.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Monitors
Save on Monitors
- $1,990.00Trending at $2,109.66
- $86.92Trending at $96.88
- $990.95Trending at $1,131.57
- $179.99Trending at $186.90
- $137.09Trending at $150.79
- $229.99Trending at $244.15