All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sound Blaster Audigy PCI sound card with THX certification is the perfect choice for gamers, musicians, and movie buffs looking for high-impact surround sound. Sound Blaster is the only PC platform with 24-bit Advanced Resolution playback, which delivers stunning surround audio for games and movies to create an ultra-realistic sound experience through Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES. There is also the exclusive THX Console for precise speaker calibration. Music lovers will appreciate its compatibility with DVD-Audio across all eight channels and its Windows Media 9 compliance. CMSS 3D up mixes stereo audio to 7.1. The Sound Blaster Audigy comes with Creative MediaSource 2 for digital audio playback, library creation, and management. Musicians will also benefit from its true 24-bit/96kHz recording and low-latency ASIO 2.0 support.
- Product LineCreative Sound Blaster Audigy
- Model2 ZS
- TypeSound card
- Enclosure TypeLaptop Card
- Interface TypePCI
- DAC Data Width24-bit
- Sample Rate8 kHz - 192 kHz
- Sound Output Mode7.1
- Connectivity1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire),1 x audio - SPDIF output - 2 pin digital audio,1 x audio - TAD - 4 pin MPC,1 x audio - line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,1 x audio - line-out (center/subwoofer/left surround) - mini-phone 3.5 mm 4-pole,1 x audio - line-out (rear/right surround) - mini-phone 3.5 mm 4-pole,1 x audio - line-out/headphones - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5 mm,2 x audio - line-in - 4 pin MPC
- Operation System RequiredMicrosoft Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP
- Platform CompatibilityPC
- Sound Synthesis MethodWavetable
- Voice Polyphony Quantity64
- Signal ProcessorCreative Audigy 2 ZS
- Max Speakers Quantity8
- MIDI Channels Quantity32
Most relevant reviews
- kvmareNov 30, 2016by
PCI SB0350 2Zs
This Pci BLASTER delivers great 24K sound and I like it better than my 32K X-fi - Pci-e card. This 2Zs appears to have many more components standing up on the surface. However, you must have a computer with an extra PCI slot for this one. These older cards are also available at a great price while used X-fi cards cost a bit more. Very happy - satisfied with the 2Zs SB0350. Downloads are easy to find at the Creative web site.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- bobbyhurmanFeb 05, 2012by
Fantastic sound card, and I couldn't function without its features!
I'm a musician: pianist/keyboardist, guitarist, and bassist. And I needed a sound card that could process sounds at a better rate than a 50 or 80 millisecond buffer with onboard sound from my motherboard. Sufficed to say, this sound card has, and continues to meet that need. It has been able to lower my buffer requirements down to 2 ms (pretty much real-time playback) at times, which is just phenomenal! My first card finally expired after 6 years of fairly heavy use with my previous 5970, and currently high-end 6970s crossfire GPUs blasting heat on it and heavy sound processing on more complex, synth oriented compositions. I purchased my first Audigy 2 ZS Platinum card back in 2006, and even today, it is very hard to find a card with the same wholesome features and quality this sound device possesses. There are no cards on the market that have an optional 5.25 bay (CD/DVD drive) facing that has a multitude of input and output 1/4 inch sized TRS jacks, RCA, firewire, 5-pin midi, and digital connectors. Not to mention the built in remote IR sensor for a near entertainment center experience. However, much like most products on the market, the Audigy 2 ZS does use quite a bit of proprietary components by design. The front side output for headphones and/or a microphone require that you own the 5.25 bay and its special ribbon cable to connect to it. It would have been nice if they would have included a pin out for those who may not have been as lucky as to own the optional bay device. Additionally, though I'm not entirely sure about this, but I believe the rear connectors for 7.1 surround sound accommodate their Creative 7.1 surround sound speaker system. Again, I'm not entirely sure. Do your research in this regard for any preexisting surround sound setups before purchasing any sound card. Outside of this, my only other gripe would have been Creative's decision to use a firewire port instead of a USB port on both the sound card and its optional front bay device. Seems like a waste for such an under used technology. All those minor discrepancies aside, this is a fantastic card! And I'll be the first one to buy a 2nd generation of it should they deliver! Read full review
- stingray_2008Feb 02, 2013by
For audiophiles and probably gamers alike up to windows 7.
One of the best sound card models, both in listening experience and audio input via mic. I Bought it for use in windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. However, the Creative Sound Blaster Company will not have plans for providing drivers for this sound card in windows 8, and subsequent windows versions. As audiophile, I noted that the Audigy lines (2 and 4) have been the best that Creative Sound Blaster Company ever made.
- electronic_coll...Jan 29, 2015by
Good for the money and media center use
Good product for connecting to a pc speaker system including woofer, or connecting to an amplifier for media center use. My only complaint is that is should come with more equalization properties like the 24bit creative models.
- hptriniJan 05, 2011by
Excellent on IBM Server x235 w/ Windows Server 2003
I was looking for a sound card for my IBM eServer xSeries 235 running Windows Server 2003. I only had one free PCI-X slot so I wasn't so sure it would fit my requirements. The SB Audigy 2ZS had all the inputs and outputs I needed, plus the SNR is excellent for a legacy card. I popped it in, and update the drivers from Creative's website. That was it! It works perfectly - nuff said!
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Sound Cards (Internal)
Save on Sound Cards (Internal)
- $91.75Trending at $105.30
- $123.02Trending at $129.97
- $54.49Trending at $56.37
- $43.68Trending at $46.50
- $61.54Trending at $64.95
- $28.50Trending at $29.83
- $30.20Trending at $31.46