All listings for this product
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $335.00Trending at $379.00
- $289.95Trending at $309.98
- $16.73Trending at $17.98
- $160.00Trending at $190.00
- $53.99Trending at $78.89
- $149.99Trending at $156.90
- $22.99Trending at $41.99
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesThe 5 Mega-pixel CMOS image sensor of the Contour GPS camcorder helps make those moments even more special by capturing them with sharpness and clarity. You can conveniently wear this helmet camera for hands-free HD recording for up to 2 hours while you are engaged in another activity. Rugged and durable, this Contour wearable camcorder easily survives accidental impacts, dust, dirt, and snow-falls. The built-in GPS receiver in this helmet camera keeps a track on your current location letting you know present location, speed, and altitude. In fact, this Contour wearable camcorder allows you to have a look on your footage with the help of the interactive map. Engage in story-telling and make it interesting by sharing your footage with the ContourAAAs Storyteller software in the Contour GPS camcorder.
- Model1400 GPS
- Optical Zoom4X
- Digital ZoomNone
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution5.0 MP
- Weight5.07 Oz.
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Optical Sensor Qty1
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,microSD Card,microSDHC Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth3.7 in.
- Height2.3 in.
- Width1.3 in.
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x USB
- Expansion Slot1 x microSD
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.5,Apple Mac OS X 10.6,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatH.264
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional FeaturesAudio Recording,Built-In GPS,Interval Shooting Mode,Shock Resistant,USB Charging,Water Resistant
- High Definition Video Support1080p
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
Most relevant reviews
- motorcycleseric...Apr 26, 2016by
Countour 1400 with GPS
It was purchased used. It's very easy to use. Lightweight and durable. I've used it several times now. Great video image.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- jeffsheidiMay 07, 2012by
Sleek product with a few bugs but I'm glad I bought it
Generally pretty easy to figure out how to set up (including the software, firmware, etc.) and to work. Can't get the GPS to work yet, so still need to figure that out especially because the GPS function is the main reason I bought this model. The battery life is not great, so make sure to buy a spare battery. Ejecting the battery is a bit of a pain, as is getting the camera off of the 360 helmet mount I bought. However, the product is sleek, the picture quality is great, and I'm glad I bought it.
- starbmugsOct 13, 2011by
Bought to use as a dash-cam; rugged body and nice clear video images!
OK, after extensive internet research and watching dozens of advertisements on various cameras, I found THIS one! What I was actually looking for was a camera that could be used in my car as a dashcam; and one that would capture GPS location and date/time. There are a lot of offers out there for car "black boxes" or dashcams; without using the names of any of them, consider the construction AND the price. I actually bought one to send to my brother-in-law to use in Europe. It had a plastic case and a cheap looking lens. I tested it before I sent it to him and almost sent it back due to the disappointing quality of the video. Contour currently offers three models, one without GPS, THIS one and the Coutour+ (which has a few more bells that I really wasn't interested in and claims to have a little better lens with wider angle). But, the Contour+ comes with about $200 higher price tag (something to consider). Realize this camera is NOT really designed for use as a dash-cam; more for action sports. It has a rugged frame (aluminum instead of plastic), a better quality lens than most of the car cams on the market, and it has the features I wanted in a dash-cam. Most of the videos you will find on the internet made with this camera will be sports shots with the camera mounted on helmets, bikes, surfboards, and even on a model helicopter! Not much there in the way of dash-cam applications; I plan to post some in the near future. So, I temporarily mounted it in my car and went for a short spin. Came back, played back the footage..and I AM IMPRESSED! First off, the contrast is good and images sharp. When you pause the video the image is sharp and clear! CONTOUR provides a software program that lets you play from the camera, download, share on internet or just save. Software plays back the GPS data that tracks using Google Maps in three options. I think I found the right camera for what I want to do with it..AND I have all the sports applications should I want to take it out of my car. Check out the Contour website for the models and all the accessories available, they offer a wide variety of mounts (you can even mount it on a rifle, may have to try that one). With the cigarette lighter power cord and optional 32gb micro (class 10) card (had to buy separately-they are expensive, so shop around)I can record up to 8-hours in HD quality [the camera ships with a 2gb micro card; not enough for long recording]. Check out the Contour web page for other features and capabilities. The only issue(s) I have is the ON/OFF button on the back cover; it doesn't always work just right and you have to flip open the back door (can do without stopping recording) and use a pointed object to depress the inner ON/OFF switch. And the sound quality inside a quiet car is not as good as it could be (the Contour+ has an external mic jack), I suppose this one was designed to cut down on wind and other noise when helmet mounted (thus the 4-star rating on picture and sound). But, for what I want to use it for, it's a winner! Check it out and compare with the other stuff out there. Be careful of some of the plastic dash-cams that appear way overpriced. Give this one a look. I'm pleased with it! Read full review
- stoneymaloneybr...Feb 09, 2012by
Excellent Camera! Unbeleivable Video! Everone's amazed!
Excellent Camera! Unbelievable Video! Really easy to use, and you don't even know it's there. And you don't look like one of those freaks with the "antennae" look of that other brand. I bought the Bluetooth card and an extra battery too. It allows my android phone to be used as an aiming tool, what a great feature. I’ve actually never needed to use the spare battery. I bought a new more powerful laptop so I can edit the video that I took of my sons snowboarding. I am putting some cranking music to it. Great stuff!
- fogdog99Oct 08, 2011by
Awsome product with a few quirks that need to be worked out.
Great video camera. Works great for capturing mountain bike trail riding from a helmet. There's a few design flaws that need to be addressed, primarily the main power On/Off button doesn't work as intended. You have to remove the back flap and insert a sharpened point in order to access the recessed power button. The power button on the back is supposed to press the recessed power button for you but it doesn't work well at all. The camera mounting brackets use adhesive so once stuck on they don't allow for any adjustability. I used zip ties until I found the right position and then adhered them. Other than those two issues the camera works as intended and shoots great video.