Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,374.57Trending at $2,698.00
- $3,954.00Trending at $4,199.00
- $562.00Trending at $679.00
- $779.99Trending at $799.95
- $438.88Trending at $444.99
- $5,169.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $328.33Trending at $358.00
About this product
- Product InformationWith a 20x wide-angle zoom, the 12.1-megapixel PowerShot SX20 IS offers intelligent, versatile shooting power. Switch to Smart Auto mode for effortlessly great results, or shoot stunning HD movies.
- ModelSX20 IS
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom20x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution12.1MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Sensor Size1/2.3"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range0-50cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 560mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/3200 sec
- Min Shutter Speed15 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure ModesProgramme,aperture-priority,manual,shutter-priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200 (2Mpix),ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.5 m - 6.8 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator,Flash +/- compensation
- Flash ModesFill-in mode,flash OFF mode,red-eye reduction,slow synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMMC Plus,MultiMediaCard,MultiMediaCardplus,SD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeDigital,Electronic
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.44"
- Depth8.79 cm
- Height8.83 cm
- Width12.4 cm
- Weight560 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - colour
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.5,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorStandard form factor
- Digital Video FormatH.264,HD (High Definition)
- Still Image FormatDPOF 1.1,EXIF 2.2,JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Features720p HD Video Recording,AE lock,Digital Image Rotation,Display Drightness Control,Exif Print support,FE lock,Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB,Image Stabilisation,In-camera Red-eye Fix,Motion Detection Technology,RGB primary colour filter,USB 2.0 compatibility,camera orientation detection,cropping an image,digital tele-converter,i-Contrast system (Intelligent Contrast Correction),resizing an image,safety zoom
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame movie mode
- Shooting ProgramsAquarium,Beach,Fireworks,Foliage,High sensitivity,Indoor,Kids & pets,Landscape,Night scene,Night snapshot,Portrait mode,Snow,Stitch assist,Sunset
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed1 frames per second
Most relevant reviews
- playersukFeb 09, 2013by
Versatile and easy to use camera. Can't fault it!
I had had the previous version of this camera for 12 years, and had been very pleased with it. But, due to a fault, I was forced to buy another, rather than spend a fortune on having the old one repaired. As always, I researched cameras on various websites, and then looked for what I wanted on ebay. It has more and better features than my old camera, and I can not fault it. I am delighted with my purchase from a prompt and truthful seller.
- 1198hughMar 09, 2011by
Recommend this camera to anyone
Even though this camera was second hand it was in immaculate condition. The zoom is just right for me as you can get to much shake,with a bigger lens,even with this camera ,for really good pictures at full zoom,you need a tripod.Also recommend,a flash unit for indoor shots in poor light.The pictures I have printed so far have,been clear and of good quality,and this will only get better,the more I use the camera.The only fault I have is the fact that you do not get a very much information from the booklet provided,so to find out about the way to use your camera without using auto setting,is to buy a good camera book.Very well pleased with this excellent buy.
- cosmopolitannoAug 02, 2011by
Good camera and good features.
I used the camera in a few occasions and I got a good response. Good pictures with low light and reasonable macro. Is recommended an extra flash gun for this model. Average good price/benefit.
- nazari9Nov 06, 2011by
Very positive experience. Great value for the money.
Great daylight photography. Indoor, specially not so bright room is not Canon SX20's strongest side (but I assume it is not for any of the same category cameras). A bit unsatisfactory/inconvenient control over features specially if you are an ex-SLR user, but I assume/hope will get used to it and learn to manipulate it easier and better in near future.