Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $595.00Trending at $696.95
- $1,207.93Trending at $1,399.00
- $2,999.00Trending at $3,299.00
- $1,149.00Trending at $1,234.99
- $5,249.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $2,218.99Trending at $2,496.95
- $793.95Trending at $996.95
About this product
- Product InformationWith its streamlined silhouette and smoothly-curved edges, the Canon PowerShot A495 has the compact sophistication and relaxed simplicity that make it a natural for beginners and everyone else who craves style and convenience. The 10.0 megapixels resolution and 3.3x optical zoom make it easy to capture the action in dazzling color and brilliant detail. The DIGIC III image processor keeps it all looking sharp. To help you make the most of your creativity, scene modes make your photographs standout. A bright, bold 2.5-inch LCD makes shooting and playback a genuine pleasure.
- Product Features<ul><li><strong>Quality 10.0 megapixels imaging</strong><br />A 10.0 megapixels sensor gives you the detail needed for superb, large-scale prints, or creatively cropping shots to perfection.</li><li><strong>3.3x optical zoom</strong><br />The 3.3x optical zoom lens is designed and manufactured by Canon to the high standards found throughout the Canon photographic range. In combination with digital zoom, magnification of up to 13x can be achieved.</li><li><strong>Smart auto mode</strong><br />Designed to let everyone take great shots, smart auto mode uses Scene Detection technology to determine the shooting scene from subject brightness, contrast, distance and overall hue. The camera selects the scene type from 18 variables, applying the best settings for optimum output. Smart auto mode also includes smart flash exposure, which intelligently adjusts flash settings for optimum results.</li><li><strong>Attractive and easy</strong><br />The PowerShot A495 features a slim, lightweight design and simple, intuitive button layout that lets users of all ages start taking pictures right away.</li><li><strong>16 shooting modes</strong><br />A selection of 16 shooting modes includes low light, for great shots in darker conditions; super vivid, which adds vibrant colors to your photos; and poster effect, which creatively reduces the number of colors for a retro, poster-like effect.</li><li><strong>Face Detection technology</strong><br />A suite of Face Detection technologies detects multiple faces in a scene and adjusts focus, exposure, flash settings and white balance - for optimal results with natural-looking skin tones. Face Detection self-timer makes group photos easy, taking a shot after an extra face enters the frame. Auto red-eye correction identifies and removes the red-eye effect that can occur when shooting with flash.</li><li><strong>DIGIC III</strong><br />As well as powering intelligent camera technologies such as smart auto, Canon's DIGIC III processor ensures fast response times, superb image quality, advanced noise reduction and accurate color reproduction.</li><li><strong>Motion Detection technology</strong><br />Activated in smart auto mode, Motion Detection technology ascertains movement in the shooting scene. The optimal ISO level is then automatically set, to minimize blur and maximize image quality.</li><li><strong>Long play movies</strong><br />Supplement your still images with fun 30fps VGA movie clips with sound. A long play mode lets you store twice as much footage on the camera's memory card.</li></ul>
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom3.3x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution10.0 MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Sensor Size1/2.3"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range1-50cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera37 - 122mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed15 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Evaluative,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.3 m - 3 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMultiMediaCard,MultiMediaCardplus,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth1.2 in.
- Height2.43 in.
- Width3.68 in.
- Weight6.17 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Form FactorStandard form factor
- Digital Video FormatAVI,MJPEG
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Max Video Resolution640 x 480
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAE/FE Lock,Audio Recording,Automatic Face Tracking,Cropping An Image,DPOF Support,Digital Image Rotation,Direct Print,Exif Print Support,Face Detection Self-timer,Histogram Display,Motion Detection,Orientation Detection,PictBridge Support,RGB Primary Color Filter,Red eye Fix,Resizing an Image,Scene Detection Technology,USB 2.0 Compatibility,i-Contrast system (Intelligent Contrast Correction)
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsBeach,Fireworks,Foliage,Indoor,Kids & pets,Landscape,Low light,Night snapshot,Portrait mode,Poster effect,Slow shutter,Snow,Super vivid
- Special EffectsBlack & White,Custom Effect,Neutral,Sepia,Vivid
- Continuous Shooting Speed0.9 frames per second
- Exterior ColorSilver
Most relevant reviews
- armyboy28Dec 27, 2016by
Best used equipment
The cannon powershot a495 is durable and inexpensive, very much worth the price. For quick and accurate shots that are easily transferable, this is the camera for you!
Verified purchase: No
- pappaw64Sep 15, 2016by
It burns new batteries like paper
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- lschaererMar 05, 2011by
Serves the purpose well
Bought this Canon for my daughter (who kept losing her cameras) as a Christmas gift. Didn't want to spend alot of money but wanted a camera that would do some nice shots. She has really enjoyed the camera. It's small enough that she can use a simple bag to carry it in. Has some nice extra features for an inexpensive point and shoot. Would recommend this for someone just needing an everyday fun camera.
- bbroyberdMar 18, 2011by
Well, it depends what you want! I bought the camera for $65, and i said it worth the price. What i liked about this camera Very quality image Long battery life Easy to snap a shot Option of different setting What i didn't like That is the way i saw it. If you are looking for a chap and high quality image camera, this is for you!
- 1039110249@dele...Jan 04, 2011by
Exactly what you paid for...maybe less
I lost my old camera and I just wanted a point-and-shoot camera so I could take pictures of me and my friends, my family, and my little nephew. This camera does that but there are many thing I do not like about it. It shuts off everytime after I review my pictures. Everytime you take a take a picture you have to wait like 6 seconds afterwards because it says it is charging the flash. It takes AA batteries, so you cant just plug it into a charger. It is bulky and feels cheap. The worst part about it is the shutting off on its own, it really ticks me off. I turned off the auto power down and it still does it. I have to keep turning off the auto power off too because it seems like everytime I turn it on and the off it goes back to the original settings. Well...I wanted a cheap camera, and I got one. If you are looking for a cheap point-and-shoot camera then this will work, but Id spend a little more money getting something you'll be happy with. This may be ok for like...a kids first camera. Positive side of things....lets see. The pictures look nice, it has different setting you can put on it like nightshot, portrait, indoor, kids and pets, and stuff like that. The person I bought this from shipped everything very nicely and well packaged, so I am very happy with the person I bought it from, just not the product-which isn't their fault at all. Bottom line: Pick another camera because this one just doesn't cut the mustard my friends. Read full review