All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,950.00Trending at $3,299.00
- $2,369.99Trending at $2,698.00
- $555.88Trending at $648.00
- $2,629.95Trending at $2,899.00
- $3,879.00Trending at $4,199.00
- $1,299.95Trending at $1,498.00
- $449.99Trending at $473.17
About this product
- Product InformationWhether you're new to photography or you've spent years honing your skills, Canon has a solution for you. If you have a love for the art of photography, look no further than the Canon EOS Rebel digital camera. Over the years, Canon has made a name for itself as a brand that delivers supreme products and great results. The Canon EOS Rebel XS 1000D DSLR camera offers users a tool for taking detailed, high-quality images. The photographic process is easy, fast, and simple and includes powerful features like the 10.1 megapixel CMOS sensor.Canon's DIGIC III processor and fast shooting afford you the opportunity to take as many photos as you want. This digital powerhouse is still easy to use and simple to learn. The camera's compact design includes a 2.5-inch LCD monitor and a live view function. Additionally, you can view each shot to ensure clarity by using the viewfinder feature. The Canon EOS camera has flash control and an auto lighting optimizer so that you can take shots in any lighting environment. It works by letting the lens detect darkness and then adjusts automatically to provide optimal brightness and contrast.This Canon digital camera has an EFS-S IS 18–55mm lens, so you can change focus with ease. The digital seven-point AF system uses a 450D algorithm. The body of the Canon Rebel EOS SLR camera is small and light, making it easy to take with you anywhere you need it. This Rebel model comes with batteries and has an SD/SDHC memory card slot to meet all your needs.The Rebel 1000D SLR can take any type of photo you want with its versatile system. When setting up each shot, you can search for the perfect angle before shooting. With the 3.0 frames per second continuous shooting option, you can capture a series of shots for creating a time lapse effect. This feature also allows you to choose the best from many shots. The auto adjusting settings allow you to capture all of the fine details and natural colors of your subject. This model can use any of Canon's EFS lenses to give you the control you desire, allowing for more versatility in professional photography. Another advantage of this product is that it has a self-cleaning function to help ensure you get quality shots each time. This camera can shake off dust particles, making it easy to maintain. Also, post production is easy to learn with its included digital photo processing software. This product has an added battery grip for your convenience. There is an assortment of remote control, viewfinder, and other accessories including various lenses available to enhance your photography experience.You can zoom in on your subject by up to 1.6x with this camera's built-in lens. Each shot exhibits extreme clarity and tonal range and maximized light to its fullest capacity. This very durable product can fulfill your photographic needs and desires. Whether you're a beginner looking to explore the technical aspects of photography or you're a professional looking for an additional tool, try the black Canon EOS Rebel XS.
- ModelRebel XS / 1000D
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Optical Zoom3x
- Sensor Resolution10.1MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Sensor Size14.8 x 22.2mm
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Lens For SDEF-S IS 18-55mm
- Focal Length Range18mm - 55mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus,Automatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size58 mm
- Lens System FeaturesAspherical Lens
- Auto Focus typeTTL phase detection
- Lens Construction9 group(s) / 11 element(s)
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera29 - 88mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 1-20 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Evaluative,partial (10%)
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Depth-Of-Field,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 800,ISO auto (100-800)
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Flash +/- Compensation,flash exposure bracketing
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Rear Curtain Sync,Red-eye Reduction
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Optical Viewfinder TypeEye-level mirror pentaprism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage95%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.81x
- Dioptric Correction Range-3 to +1
- Depth2.4 in.
- Height3.8 in.
- Width4.96 in.
- Weight15.9 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone TypeNone
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video output,1 x remote control
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.3 or later,MS Windows 2000 SP4 or later,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAE/FE Lock,AF Lock,Auto Lighting Optimizer,Auto Power Save,Brightness Control,DPOF Support,Depth-Of-Field Preview Button,Direct Print,Highlight Point Display,Histogram Display,LCD Live View Mode,Mirror Lock,Orientation Detection,PictBridge Support,RGB Primary Color Filter,USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Shooting ProgramsClose-up,Landscape,Night portrait,Portrait mode,Sports mode
- Special EffectsMonochrome
- Continuous Shooting Speed3 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack,Silver
Most relevant reviews
- karevlec_0Jul 05, 2016by
It will take me awhile to get the basics down but this seems to be an excellent camera. More complex than my Sony "point & shoot" but I really like it
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- deadrxn24Jan 08, 2014by
Fantastic camera for both amateur and professional level work.
I bought this camera in order to get a taste of an adjustable lens SLR for a reasonable price (for a dilettante). I am extremely satisfied with the quality and features that this camera offers. A plus is that I can get different improvements simply by buying different lenses or accessories. As far as the features are concerned, the on-camera functions cover more than I may ever need; however, more professional users may opt for a newer, more sophisticated camera with more options and higher resolution. Canon did good by this design: it looks good, feels good, and performs extremely well. It may take a little while to learn all the tricks with an SLR camera, but by no means will this particular camera significantly limit the high quality photographs you can take.
- mecrosisJul 01, 2013by
Great for starters to mid level photographers.
I've had my Canon EOS Rebel XS for a little over 2 weeks at and I am very happy with it. I took some photography classes back in college and have done it as a hobby on and off through the years. I'm not a professional by any means, but I was looking for a camera that would give me more control than a regular point and shoot. I know these days a smart phone comes with an 8 megapixel camera so the 10.1 mp this Canon offers is no head turner. Where it does shine is in the ability to control so many aspects of your shot. Depth of field, ISO, aperture and exposure. I've been able to get some very good shots in low light with very little noise. So far I've only used the stock lens, but even with that I've been able to get some great portraits and landscape shots. Although the camera does let you play with all the settings, it performs very well as a point and shot. Just put it in automatic with auto focus and it responds very quickly. There is hardly a lag from when you push the button to when the picture is taken, unlike with some point and shoot and cell phone cams. The form factor on this camera is very ideal for carrying. It is smaller and lighter than most DSLs, but it fits comfortably in the hand and all the controls are very well placed. All in all, if you want a decent camera without breaking the bank I'd recommend the Canon EOS Revel XS. Whether you are just starting out or a seasoned hobbyist you won't be disappointed. Read full review
- epikunlocksSep 01, 2012by
Very nice camera, high quality, great pictures, excellent price!!!
Do not be quick to judge this camera based on the price. This camera, in my opinion, is excellent! It is very responsive, so you can take pictures IMMEDIATELY after you turn it on, so no more waiting for the camera to "load." It isn't heavy and clunky like the bigger DSLR cameras, but it sure it heavier than your small and regular point-and-shoot cameras. It comes with a really nice lens that takes stunning images. Fully customizable settings let you tune your camera and get the pictures to come out the way you want it. Many functions, from full automatic to manual. It has a DIGIC III image processor (the same ones found in the higher-end cameras that cost about ten times as much as this one) so the pictures come out clear and crisp. It is very compact, durable, and sports a long-lasting battery. I am rating the features four stars because of the lack of video recording capability, but I don't really care for that. Overall, a 5-star rating, and a must-have for all those beginner to intermediate DSLR photographers. Read full review
- janwiniarskiFeb 28, 2011by
Canon XS - great entry level DSLR
The Canon XS is a great entry level DSLR. It's menu and controls are easy to understand,and there is a good combination of scene modes and creative flexibility. The picture quality is excellent with little noise through ISO 1600. Shooting in either RAW or jpeg produces excellent results. It is a very good camera at a good price for someone who wants to upgrade their photo skills into the DSLR realm. It has limited live view capability, but if you're going to use a DSLR you'd best get used to a viewfinder.