More items related to this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $1,207.93Trending at $1,399.00
- $2,999.00Trending at $3,299.00
- $1,149.00Trending at $1,199.95
- $5,249.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $2,218.99Trending at $2,496.95
- $546.61Trending at $569.95
- $75.00Trending at $119.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe Canon EOS 600D DSLR camera is equipped with an 18 MP sensor and 8x optical zoom lens that provides you with a good photographic experience. You can view your captured images and videos with ease on its 3-inch display. This black camera weighs 570 g and can be carried around with convenience.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Optical Zoom8x
- Digital Zoom10x
- Sensor Resolution18.0MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Lens For SDEF-S IS 18-135mm
- Focal Length Range18mm - 135mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual,Manual Focus
- Lens System FeaturesAspherical lens, internal focusing system, UD glass
- Auto Focus typeTTL phase detection
- Lens Construction16 element(s)
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±5 EV range, in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,E-TTL II program flash,Programme,aperture-priority,bulb,depth-of-field,manual,shutter-priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100-6400,ISO 12800,ISO auto (100-3200),ISO auto (100-6400)
- Light Sensitivity Max12800
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator,Auto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash +/- compensation,Flash Off,Red-eye Reduction Flash,wireless off-camera control
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,flash OFF mode,rear curtain sync
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Depth7.97 cm
- Height9.95 cm
- Width13.31 cm
- Weight570 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - colour
- Display Size3"
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatQuickTime
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG,Raw Image
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- FeaturesHDMI,Image Stabilisation,Interchangeable Lenses,Red-eye Correction,Shockproof,USB,Waterproof,With Tripod Mount
- Face DetectionYes
- White BalanceCloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Shade (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed30 frames per second
Most relevant reviews
- rovingclimberMar 08, 2012by
Great camera, ideal first DSLR.
I bought this camera as my first DSLR, an upgrade from a Canon G10, hoping for better quality images, lower noise in low-light situations, lens flexibility and ability to shoot HD video. So far I've been reasonably impressed with image quality - the kit lens is fairly sharp stopped down a couple of notches, image noise is perhaps not as low as I'd hoped but a faster lens and noise correction in s/w is I suppose always the answer for low-light shooting. I don't think the 600D is much different to its competitors in this respect. So far I've also purchased the Canon 50mm 1.8 (at £75 this is great for narrow DOF shots and the wide aperture is useful for low-light) and a Tokina 11-16 2.8 which I'm very impressed with. The camera is very intuitive to use, especially being used to the G10, features are where you expect them and menus very familiar. The camera feels great in the hand and the controls are all sited well for use when using viewfinder. I also purchased a cheap battery grip (not canon) with two spare batteries which, at around £25, is unbeatable value for extra battery life and the versatility of easy portrait shooting if you so desire. I'd have liked to have seen features for time-lapse shooting - I don't know why these aren't common on DSLRs (warranty issues on shutter mech?) but easily overcome with external trigger timer. The manual is great, comprehensive and easy to read, one evening checking through all the features and you're ready to play out in the wild with a good idea what's what. One tip - get the fastest SD cards you can find - continuous video shooting is not possible with slow cards and continuous still shooting speed after the first few shots is largely limited by the speed the camera can write to the card - particularly noticeable if you're shooting in RAW. Read full review
- marjenksJun 03, 2012by
Good camera but Canon please fix the autofocus in movie mode
An overall good camera with HD movie taking ability. I am quite happy with the camera overall, my only complaint being that the auto focus doesn't seem to function during movie taking mode so I have to adjust the focus manually which can sometimes spoil the film if I get it wrong.... Also it's quite fast at downloading the substantial movie data to a computer (compared to my old HD camera that I dreaded downloading as it was an overnight job).
- melocelo1501Jun 11, 2012by
Perfect for any aspiring photographer....
After my old Practika fell apart after 30 years of hard use I bought a Canon Powershot which is great for 'snaps' but not versatile enough for 'real' photography. Now that I've bought this 600D I just think I've wasted a lot of time and should have got one ages ago! The pictures are crystal clear, it feels great to use with a lot of useful features and the 18-135mm lens is a really good all-round one to start with.I wholeheartedly recommend it. Now I just need more lenses, more filters......where's the piggy bank!
- tim9609Oct 11, 2011by
This is a fantastic Camera. This is a great upgrade from the 400D with 18-55mm standard lens as the picture quality is so crisp, the zoom is more than adequate. I did a lot of research into which lens and body and this is great value for money and thee really is no need to get he 18-200mm lens for the extra money. The movable screen is a brilliant feature and the option to view the image live on the screen works great. With a wide focal range it is great to travel for zoom shots as well as close ups.
- youngjim13Sep 02, 2011by
so easy to use
this is the second canon camera i have bought (350d,5years ago)the new camera,600d,is absolutely first class,so many fine features ,and easy to use,i will continue to use only canon,nothing else comes near.