People who bought this also bought
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,218.99Trending at $2,796.95
- $3,115.00Trending at $3,499.00
- $1,659.00Trending at $1,996.95
- $414.88Trending at $496.95
- $569.95Trending at $649.00
- $418.99Trending at $439.99
- $1,735.00Trending at $1,999.00
About this product
- Product InformationWelcome to the next generation of digital SLR photography - the Canon EOS 40D. The EOS 40D combines Canon's tremendous know-how in both the digital and photographic worlds, creating a camera that not only does everything one would expect of a traditional digital SLR, but one that incorporates staggering leaps forward in technological innovation. With new features like Canon's EOS Integrated Cleaning System, Live View Function, a more powerful DIGIC III Image Processor, plus a 10.1-megapixel CMOS sensor, a 3.0-inch LCD monitor and more, the EOS 40D elevates digital photography to new heights, enhancing the shooting experience, and delivering images one could only expect from a Canon.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Optical Zoom4.8x
- Sensor Resolution10.1 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size14.8 x 22.2mm
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Lens For SDEF IS USM 28-135mm
- Lens ApertureF/3.5-5.6
- Focal Length Range28mm - 135mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus,Automatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size72 mm
- Lens System FeaturesAspherical Lens, Internal Focusing System, UD Glass, Ultrasonic Motor (USM)
- Auto Focus typeTTL phase detection
- Lens Construction12 group(s) / 16 element(s)
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 135mm
- Max Shutter Speed30 sec
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±3 EV range, in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV -0.5-18 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Evaluative,Spot,partial (9%)
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Depth-Of-Field,E-TTL II Program Flash,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100-1600,ISO 3200
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Effective Flash Range13 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Auto Flash,Flash +/- Compensation
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,E-TTL
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryCompactFlash Card Type I,CompactFlash Card Type II,CompactFlash I,CompactFlash II,Microdrive
- Floppy Drive StorageNone
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Optical Viewfinder TypeFixed eye-level pentaprism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage95%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.95x
- Dioptric Correction Range-3 to +1
- Depth2.89 in.
- Height4.24 in.
- Width5.73 in.
- Weight26.1 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeNone
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video output,1 x flash terminal,1 x remote control
- Expansion Slot1 x CompactFlash Card - type I/II
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS,Apple Mac OS X,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Still Image FormatDCF 2.0,EXIF 2.21,JPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG,Raw Image
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAuto White Balance,Autofocus,Red-eye Correction,Self Timer
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Manual,Shade (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed6.5 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- larryg5643Jan 26, 2017by
I owns a Canon 10D - 20D and a 40D each of them are very good camera but the 40D with a 28/135 lens is the Best. If you seriously about taking pictures you must have a 28/135 Canon lens in your bag !
Verified purchase: No
- qpsyfiJan 18, 2016by
Very nice camera
My 20 year old daughter has an interest in photography. Really nice camera for her to learn with.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- virtualbigredApr 16, 2017by
We sell electronic products Very low price PayPal payment! yuhky ( c o m )
Verified purchase: No
- jjlboston6394Mar 14, 2012by
Great camera and value for the $'s!
Wanted to upgrade from my canon 20D and when I saw the price along with the 28-135mm IS lens had to scoop it up! Nice upgrade from the 20D I have. Higher burst capabilities and custom functions make this a nice semi-professional camera, along with the 3 inch view screen. 10 MP is more then enough for my needs and the wide choice of both EF-S and EF lens by Canon and third party providers makes any Canon camera a great choice!
- mymymy1949Mar 12, 2012by
Time well spent
This is not a throw and go camera, although you can put it in auto and just shoot away, I got a 50mm 1.4 lens for indoor pics, and I don't need the flash, I want a picture of what I see, and this camera will do that, this is a hobby and you can spend a ton of time learning, your reward is some unbelievable pictures. I would say the photo program you choose will be harder to learn than this camera, which is the other half of this hobby. So if you just want to shoot and print I wouldn't recommend this camera, but if you want to get right into it go for it. Good equipment is kind of a investment as it holds it's value