More items related to this product
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $27.99Trending at $33.99
- $34.35Trending at $34.97
- $29.99Trending at $37.80
- $12.30Trending at $20.98
- $60.95Trending at $75.99
- $18.50Trending at $21.95
- $24.99Trending at $25.40
About this product
- Product InformationDeveloper Infinity Ward returns with its third full installment in the Call of Duty series (Treyarch having developed Call of Duty 3) with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Eschewing the traditional WWII setting that has been the hallmark of the series, Call of Duty 4 takes on the more nebulous world of modern warfare. Nazi storm troopers and Kamikaze pilots have been replaced by a patchwork group of terrorists and insurgents, and traditional WWII weapons have been jettisoned in favor of more than 70 modern armaments. Though the story is a departure from the previous games, Call of Duty 4 still features intense mission-based first-person shooter gameplay that should be familiar to fans.<br><br>The plot centers on two megalomaniacal madmen who are fomenting unrest around the world in an attempt to cement their own power. Imran Zakhaev is a one-armed Russia nationalist who longs to return his country to a Soviet Union style of government by seizing a stockpile of nuclear weapons. Zakhaev has support from several divisions of the Russian army, but, knowing that the United States would quickly come to the aid of the Russian government, he funds a coup in the Middle East to divert attention. Led by Zakhaev ally Khaled Al-Asad, the Middle Eastern coup results in intense fighting which eventually leads to the launch of a Russian nuclear missile toward American soil. Players fight through this chaos as both Sergeant John MacTavish, a British SAS operative doing battle in Russia, and Sergeant Paul Jackson, a U.S. Marine fighting in the Middle East.<br><br>Call of Duty 4 aims to capture the challenges of modern war by pitting the superior technology of the U.S Marines and British SAS against the cunning guerilla tactics of a terrorist group. In addition to close quarters combat, players will be called upon to perform fast-rope helicopter drops, provide air support from an AH-1 Super Cobra helicopter, call in precision air strikes, and man the turret of an AC-130 Spectre Gunship to engage enemy fighters from the sky. Gamers also join a two man sniper team on a flashback mission in which players head to the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation on a mission to assassinate a younger Zakhaev.<br><br>Modern Warfare features an expansive set of online multiplayer modes. Players will be able to choose from Assault, Special Ops, Light Machine Gunner, Demolitions, and Sniper classes, or create up to five special classes with customizable weapons and perks. Gamers can then take their fighters through a dozen different multiplayer modes like Free-for-All, Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy, Headquarters, Domination, and Sabotage. Players who frequently battle online will be able to accrue experience points, unlock special weapons and gear, and eventually unlock Prestige Mode in which gamers can trade in their rank for special insignias.<br><br>The collector's edition includes a hardcover art book full of exclusive concept, development, and final draft artwork, with commentary from Infinity Ward's artists and developers. PC gamers also get a digital strategy guide featuring a full walkthrough of the single-player campaign as well as multiplayer maps and strategies for victory.
- GameCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare -- Limited Collector's Edition
- ESRB RatingM - Mature
- Game EditionLimited Collector's Edition
- ESRB DescriptorBlood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language
- Control ElementsKeyboard,Mouse
- Release Year2007
- Game Special Features<li>Fight as both a member of the British Special Air Service and the U.S. Marine Corps<br/><br/><li>Blast terrorists and insurgents with more than 70 modern armaments<br/><br/><li>Rappel from helicopters, call out targets for bombing raids, and perform nighttime assaults from aerial gunships<br/><br/><li>Get together with friends and fight in more than a dozen online multiplayer modes<br/><br/><li>Read the digital strategy guide to get a full single-player walkthrough and multiplayer tips<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesCall of Duty: Modern Warfare Series
Most relevant reviews
- 166373062@delet...Nov 25, 2009by
Bang, Bing, BOOM!!!
Can you say: Exiting, entertaining, challenging, mesmerizing…plain good fun! If you can then you are well aware of what this game bring to the table. This game, one in the line of the best seller shooters Call of Duty series, has it all. I’ve played this game in the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 platforms and I was left very satisfy by both of them, so I made up my mind and decided to buy the PC version which I have to say it truly blow me away. I say this because with the right graphics engine and set up for your computer you can immerse yourself into this game in much better way that with a regular console option. Even more the online experience is different as well, going back to the point that if you have the right set up in our computer you can be a very prolific killer in cyberspace. :-P Altamirano8236. Read full review
- pitt502Feb 06, 2010by
Great pvp Action!
I was never into pvp until I played this game. Now I'm hooked! The action in pvp is sometimes fast and sometimes a little slower when you have to use your wits in the areas that are a little more overgrown with high grass and buildings. If you play on a good server with decent people, you will have lots of fun. There are some people that are idiots, but I'm not going to hold that against the game itself. I recommend this game to anyone. Even if you aren't into pvp I suggest trying it anyway.
- carregalrNov 20, 2009by
COD 4 Collectors Edition new & unsealed
Just epic... When the package arrived to my home I got excited... COD 4 collectors edition new & unsealed! It really was unsealed, box was in excellent shape (silver box). Besides, inside the box there was a kind of book of pictures taken from game action, and it is plenty of explanations about how the game was made. Amazing.
- strengthbooks7Feb 04, 2009by
fantastic graphics and choice of weapons. i just don't like the dogs attacking me. i highly recommend this game. thank you.
- filmist6410Jan 18, 2009by
CALL OF DUTY 4
EXCELENT GAME!!! AMAZAING GRAPHICS!! GLAD I BOUGHT IT! MULTIPLAYER IS INTENSE AND NERVE RACKING! EVERYONE SHOULD BUY THIS GAME!