Best Selling in Printers
Save on Printers
- $269.95Trending at $297.86
- $93.95Trending at $99.90
- $214.95Trending at $395.98
- $69.99Trending at $109.10
- $779.00Trending at $798.99
- $145.90Trending at $149.99
- $129.89Trending at $240.75
About this product
- Product InformationThe Brother MFC-685cw All-In-One InkJet Printer is fully compatible with PC, Mac systems. This printer connectivity interface: Wireless.
- Printer TypeAll-In-One Printer
- Family LineBrother MFC
- Output TypeColor
- Black print speed up to30ppm
- Max Resolution (BW)6000 x 1200 dpi
- Color print speed up to25 ppm
- Max Resolution (Color)6000 x 1200 dpi
- Extend Printer TechnologyInkjet
- Computer Operating SystemApple MacOS X 10.2.4,Microsoft Windows 2000,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP,Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64
- InterfaceEthernet (RJ-45),USB 1.0/1.1,Wireless
- Form FactorDesktop
- Memory Card CompatibilityMemory Stick,Memory Stick Pro,Multimedia Card,Secure Digital (SD),xD Picture Card
- Direct Printing CapabilitiesPrint Photos Without a PC
- Printers Special FeaturesBorderless Printing
- Media TypeGlossy Paper,Inkjet Paper,Plain Paper,Transparencies
- Max Media SizeLegal (216 x 356 mm, 8.5 x 14")
- Media Capacity120 Sheets
- Black Copying Speed up to22 ppm
- Color Copy Speed up to20 ppm
- Zoom Range, Reduction25%,
- Networking TypeWireless Network Adapter
- Data Link ProtocolTCP/IP
- Installed RAM32 MB
- Scanner ShapeFlatbed Scanner
- Scanner Resolution600 x 2400 dpi
- Fax Features SupportedAuto Fax Reduction,Automatic redial,Color Fax,Distinctive Ring,PC Fax,Speed Dial
- Modem TypeFax / Modem
- Width18.43 in.
- Height7.09 in.
- Weight18.74 lb.
- PanelColor LCD
Most relevant reviews
- bni1949Jun 10, 2009by
Needed a Replacement Printer
Brother has never been one of my favorite printer manufacturers until I picked up a model MFC-665cw for my business fax. I was pleased with the performance of this unit. Wireless conectivity, good color and quick easy to use scanner make this unit the go-to machine in the office. One problem with the ink jet industry is that they continually change the cartridges. If you have unused ink cartridges on the shelf they probably end up in the recycle bin and you have to go out and purchase new. When I needed another printer I couldn't find another 665. Ebay provides a place to find product you can't find elsewhere. I searched for Brother products that used the same ink cartridges as the 665 and up came the 685. The dealer was excellent to work with too. The only thing I miss on the Brother models is the ability to do duplex printing but that is a small sacrifice for the reliability of the product. Overall I give the MFC-685cw 4 plus stars. I like it! Read full review
- jbtomlinDec 03, 2009by
An excellent choice
Our old Brother FAX (intellifax 1270) went kaput and I wanted to upgrade with some more features. What I liked about our old one was it had caller ID; fax; and answering machine. This new MFC 685 has all of that plus a scanner and color printing with an optional wireless setup. I have used it for scanning old photos onto a card or flash drive and saving them in a digital format. It is very user friendly and functional. The USP port and card reader are in front and easy to access. My only minor dislikes are you have to punch through three commands to see the caller ID list; and the other is that there is not a pre-recorded voice message for the answering machine. The old one had those features and I liked them. Still I give this one an A++; my best so far.
- 202659695@delet...Nov 06, 2009by
Good all-in-one machine
Brother makes some good all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax machines. The print quality is very good. Only things I would find fault with is that their machines tend to be slow. If you don't do a lot of printing and don't need things as fast as possible, my opinion is that Brother gives you a lot of bang for the buck. I also like it's size and can fit nicely in most places. It's wireless capabilities are a plus.
- talktohowardDec 06, 2007by
Great SOHO printer, period.
This printer is so good that I give the excellent rating. Wireless setup is easy, just push a few buttons along the setup process, without even reading the manual. Really easy. I used to like HP products but they seem less attractive. First, the paper feed mechanism is bulkier, make it unfriendly to photocopy books. The setup procedure for the wireless network is quite a bit trickier (as have been reported on many sites such as ebay and Amazon. And they are more expensive. This printer won't let you down, it even comes with a phone recorder. Print quality is very good, color is also very good.
- 212al212Aug 06, 2008by
brother mfc-685cw inkjet printer
I really like this printer. The colors are bright & clear.It's easy to operate. Only thing I don't like is it uses too much ink.Overall it's great.