More items related to this product
Best Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
About this product
- Product InformationThe Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch is a 6-inch e-reader that makes for a perfect travel companion. The E ink film display of this Barnes & Noble e-reader delivers high-contrast, sunlight readability and low-power performance which give you a fulfilling experience. The 2 GB built-in memory of this Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch can be expanded to 32 GB with a microSD card to store your data files. Featuring Wi-Fi connectivity, this Barnes & Noble e-reader lets you connect to the Internet to buy books online. Enjoy access to myraid books from varied places with this 6-inch e-reader as it supports epub, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP file formats. A USB port on this Barnes & Noble e-reader makes sharing of data with your PC quick and easy.
- BrandBarnes & Noble
- ModelSimple Touch
- CarrierNot Applicable
- TypeeBook Reader
- Product LineNOOK
- Display Size6in (15.24 cm)
- Storage Capacity2GB
- Operating SystemAndroid
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Supported File TypesBMP,GIF,JPG,PDF,PNG,ePub
- Exterior ColorBlack
- Processor ManufacturerARM
- Processor Speed800MHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechE-Ink ® Pearl
- Resolution800 x 600
- Touch Screen TechnologyMulti-Touch
- Installed RAM750MB
Connections and Expandability
- Expandabilitymicro SD Slot
- Expansion PortsUSB 2.0
- PC InterfaceUSB 2.0,Wi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesWLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Height16.5 cm (6.5")
- Width12.7 cm (5")
- Depth1.2 cm (0.47")
- Weight0.21 Kg (0.46 lb.)
- Battery TechnologyLithium ion
- Battery Run TimeUp to 1440 hours
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodTouch-Screen
- Special FeaturesTouch Screen
Most relevant reviews
- marcellll89Mar 18, 2014by
Great value, easy usefull, small size,
I buy this ebook reader because I am a student and a lot of study and reading some book. This ebook reader si good because i load my book in Micro SD card in PC and in small packet a get all book together in one small box. Battery have got good life when wifi is turn off. But sice display is averable. When you are reading book only textured - no problem but when your aktualy read book have some picture is problem read tex near the picture. But when you are look ebook reader for low price and you need this equipment only read book, I can only highly recommend.
- fastwinstonJul 11, 2013by
Does what it`s supposed to do, and does it cheap.
First of all, I must say this does (mostly) what one would expect from a e-book reader. Size is good, screen is good/ok (some ghosting, but that is to be expected with this type of screen), battery life is good and features are good (as long as you have a US/British credit card. I have either and cannot use the B&N store). My one grief with it, is that side loaded books can behave a bit weird. This has mostly to do with the home screen "reading now" view, showing page 1 of 1, almost all the time. If you open the book from the library though, it goes to your last read page... But still, it`s cheap and lets me read e-pubs from where ever so I would by again;)
- acaroleyneJul 10, 2013by
Possibly the best Ereader on the market right now!!!
I really love my Nook Simple Touch Ereader which I bought to enable me to read more! So much so that I bought one for my sister too. Very easy to use, much cheaper than other touch ereaders, and there are lots of books including 1000's of free books to download. The wifi capability works very well and books are downloaded quickly. A feature I really like is being able to download a sample of a book for free to see if you may want to purchase or not from reading the first few pages. You can also lend books you have read to other Nook users which is great. Unlike other ereaders ie Kindle, books can be purchased from other sites ie Kobo or leant from a library quite easily. Overall I would definitely recommend the Nook ereaders and the only thing I would change would be to perhaps have bought the Glowlight version, but I was very happy with the price of one I purchased. Read full review
- robvanesOct 30, 2013by
Great product!!! Absolute quality!!!
Absolutely love it! Great filling of real book reading. It takes all my free time. I had before some other brand of ereader, but this one is the best for sure. Light weight, fantastic battery life!!! I read my NOOK every day but I charge it just once in a month!!! I bought second one for my wife (she started to jelouse) with glowlight which is only difference with mine. I don't mind to use special reading light. I higly recommend NOOK to everyone who love reading. You will be absolutely satisfied!
- ru_bozheNov 25, 2014by
I find it a delightful little device
I love my Nook Simple Touch. Very convenient. The curved back and rounded corners give it a very organic book like feel. Sometimes I almost forget I'm not reading a real book! I like the look of it, the feel of it, the physical page turning buttons. NOOK- it is inexpensive, light-weight, durable, and easy to use. I also appreciate how long it can go between charges, which is wonderful when electricity is not a certainty.