All listings for this product
Best Selling in Headphones
Save on Headphones
- $175.00Trending at $179.99
- $109.97Trending at $113.99
- $194.57Trending at $299.95
- $114.95Trending at $199.95
- $113.95Trending at $199.95
- $27.99Trending at $31.95
- $12.99Trending at $18.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe Audio-Technica ATH-M50S is a set of over the head studio monitor headphones. These Audio-Technica headphones are designed for professional mixing and monitoring when working with music. Weighing 10.1 oz, the product features padding for comfort and an efficient collapsible design for space-saving portability and storage. In addition, the earpieces swivel 180 degrees for easy one-ear monitoring and the luxuriously padded ear cushions create an incredible seal for maximum isolation. The Audio-Technica headphones have a sophisticated driver technology and superior components that deliver great power handling and very high SPL capabilities. Throughout their extended range, the studio monitor headphones maintain clarity of sound with deep, accurate bass and outstanding high-frequency extension. The Audio-Technica ATH-M50S features proprietary 1.77-inch (45-mm) large-aperture drivers with a neodymium magnet system for ultra efficient signal transfer. Moreover, the single-sided coiled cable at the left earpiece terminates to a gold-plated mini-plug with included screw-on 0.25-inch adapter. Other specifications of the Audio-Technica headphones include a frequency response of 15 Hz to 28 kHz, sensitivity of 99 dB, and an impedance of 38 Ohms.
- Sensitivity99 dB
Most relevant reviews
- jeathrayMar 30, 2016by
Good, but not great...yet?
I bought these used, for less than half of their retail price. They were supposed to have been used only once, but who knows, so my opinion ot them might change once they are broken in. My first impression is that I was not as impressed with them as I thought I would be. At least not the way I was immediately impressed with Grado headphones that I heard in a store. I bought these based on reviews since I couldn't find any in-store to demo. Voices and cymbals sound fine, but the tight bass and snap of the drums is missing. From reviews I have read, these should appear after a break-in period. We'll see. They are relatively light and comfortable for short periods, but start to bother your ears after a while. They are large in size, so I wouldn't recommend using them outside of the home. The model I have is the silver anniversary model which is much more attractive than the standard black model. It comes with a 9 ft straight cord which is NOT detachable, unlike the current models. A detachable cord is a definite plus, especially for storage, or if you want to use a shorter cord. So time will tell if I made the right choice. Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- fabmorales82Apr 18, 2013by
Excelente diseño, gran calidad de sonido.
Buscando unos audífonos que valieran la pena me encontré con varias recomendaciones sobre estos. Lo que más me preocupaba era el tipo de música que normalmente escucho (trance) y el dispositivo donde principalmente la escucho (smartphone), pero esos temores quedaron atrás al desempacar estas bellezas y probarlas por primera vez. Sin ser experto me encantaron, no sólo por como se escuchan, si no también por su diseño. Valen cada peso gastado. Un vistazo a Inner Fidelity también ayuda con la decisión. Muy recomendados.
- kelly4peaceApr 11, 2013by
No better headphones for me!
I bought these to use in recording online Karaoke. They are perfect! True, clear sound and very comfortable! Sometimes I forget to take them off and they keep me from being distracted when I am doing my other online work.
- raydefernOct 10, 2012by
Great purchase for the decent value.
It is superior than the Bose I owned before. The sound is clear, the bass is good, and they are really confortable. I've been able to use them all night long a few times withot any disconfort feelings. The cable is long enough, and robust to handled any move around the table.
- telekinetickhaiFeb 07, 2013by
- Bought this particular headphone because lots of reviews state that its a very good all-rounder headphone; seems like everybody lives it :) - Love everything about it! Awesome sound, awesome clarity, awesome build. - Better than others in its price range (according to reviews).